“Room was suitable for one persons needs” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Brentwood
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Room was suitable for one persons needs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I really like the location of this property, as it suits my Nashville Area and work needs. The staff was extremely accommodating during my stay and the room was nice for what it cost. I plan on staying here again in the future.

Room Tip: If you have a large group, the rooms could get crowded
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Columbia, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

The staff makes this hotel what it is! Loved hosting out 35th annual family reunion at the MainStay in Brentwood, TN. This was the third time I hosted our reunion there. We had over 30 rooms booked & over 100 people! Mark, Jeff, Lamare, Jess, Kim & Roger helped so much with cooking hot dogs, finding a place to park the party bus & cleaning up, it was like they were part of the family! Everything went smoothly ... except for the crazy storm we had for about 30 minutes.... but the staff went into rain- mode & scrambled to get everything inside! I couldn't ask for better service from this hotel. I can't wait to host our reunion again after the new owners renovate. We will be back!!! Thanks MainStay!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
LaMar H, General Manager at MainStay Suites Brentwood, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Your reunion group was non stop fun from the moment they checked in. You made the staff part of the family and included us as well as the other guests in all the festivities. It was one big happy family. Thank you for choosing us for your reunion and we look forward to the next one!
Elizabethton, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

old problems with previous reviews have been corrected .clean - lobby and breakfast areas updated. - staff is very accommodating. near a variety of restaurant options. good value when compared with nearby motels' prices

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
LaMar H, General Manager at MainStay Suites Brentwood, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you very much for your complimentary review of our MainStay. We are under new ownership and new management. Your kind words tells us we are going in the right direction. We have refocused our priorities and are concentrating on being the very best we can be to each of our guests and catering to their needs and their comfort. Thank you for letting us know we are succeeding. This is just the first step in many positive changes to come, the renovation starts soon. We look forward to your next visit.
Rising Sun, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

We had read the reviews of this place, and went in a little scared, but we found the hotel to me more then adequate. It needs an update, yes, but it is still a good place to stay. The bed was very comfortable, and the room size was great. Getting to Nashville is a breeze, and you dont even have to get on the highway. There is a grocery store that you could walk to, and dining options too. If we go back to Nashville, we will stay here again. Trust us, give it a chance

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

First impressions mean a lot and the first impressions of this place were scary!! For starters the front doors are not automated. This is a pain if you have any luggage. The lobby, lounge, office area, and hallways have low ceilings. The front desk is a small office desk in a corner rather than a large counter as in other similar places. The breakfast area is small with limited choices and no attendants.
Our room was fairly decent but my wife felt that the tub was about to collapse under her. It was very quiet in the morning.
Kim helped me make the reservation. She was working the night shift when we arrived. She is one of the BEST I have ever met at a hotel. Unfortunately she wasn't working the morning shift the next day. The morning shift didn't have a clue about ANYTHING in the area. For travelers, this is unacceptable.
My wife informs me that the next time we visit this area, we'll stay at the Hampton Inn which is a mile away. I agree.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the third floor
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Vero Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

The appearance of this facility seemed nice on the outside. As soon as you walk inside, it is a complete different story. The lobby was somewhat organized, and the receptionist polite. However, the smell of the 3rd floor on which I was staying was nauseating. The room smelled like mildew, the carpet was stained, the bed was rock hard, and there was practically nothing in the bathroom other than a couple towels. The RUDEST thing that happened to me during my stay was that while I was away from the hotel, management allowed a third party carpet cleaner into my room without my knowledge and/or consent. Granted, one of the sub-managers attempted to call me and left me a voicemail saying that the carpet cleaner had arrived and was entering my room. I understand the hotel has the right to enter my room at anytime, but just because you have the right to do something does not mean that it's the right thing to do. Anyone with the smallest amount of customer service experience would agree that the right thing to do would have been to wait until I checked out the following day to let a complete stranger into my hotel room filled with my belongings. Overall horrible hotel experience and will not be staying and/or recommending Mainstay Suites to anyone I know.

Room Tip: Stay away... plenty of other hotel options in this area.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Bristol, Tennessee, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

I wish I could attach pictures of the mattress. Big yellow stains. When asked if there was something that could be done, we were told that they could offer us another pad to avoid touching it. They didn't have another mattress for the sleeper sofa. The front desk girl seemed fake.

• Stayed April 2014

Been to MainStay Suites Brentwood? Share your experiences!