“Looks can be deceiving.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Brentwood
Vero Beach, Florida
“Looks can be deceiving.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

The appearance of this facility seemed nice on the outside. As soon as you walk inside, it is a complete different story. The lobby was somewhat organized, and the receptionist polite. However, the smell of the 3rd floor on which I was staying was nauseating. The room smelled like mildew, the carpet was stained, the bed was rock hard, and there was practically nothing in the bathroom other than a couple towels. The RUDEST thing that happened to me during my stay was that while I was away from the hotel, management allowed a third party carpet cleaner into my room without my knowledge and/or consent. Granted, one of the sub-managers attempted to call me and left me a voicemail saying that the carpet cleaner had arrived and was entering my room. I understand the hotel has the right to enter my room at anytime, but just because you have the right to do something does not mean that it's the right thing to do. Anyone with the smallest amount of customer service experience would agree that the right thing to do would have been to wait until I checked out the following day to let a complete stranger into my hotel room filled with my belongings. Overall horrible hotel experience and will not be staying and/or recommending Mainstay Suites to anyone I know.

Room Tip: Stay away... plenty of other hotel options in this area.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Bristol, Tennessee, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I wish I could attach pictures of the mattress. Big yellow stains. When asked if there was something that could be done, we were told that they could offer us another pad to avoid touching it. They didn't have another mattress for the sleeper sofa. The front desk girl seemed fake.

• Stayed April 2014
Nashville, Indiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I unfortunately booked THREE rooms thru Priceline, so there was NOTHING anyone could do to help! One of the rooms smelled like rotten eggs, one of the rooms smelled like smoke ( even though it is non smoking facility!) One of the sofa sleepers had a spring missing and torn underneath so the mattress fell through when you slept on it. There was no bedding or pillows for of the sofa sleepers in ANY of the 3 rooms. We ALL had to go down ourselves and get them from the laundry! There was boogers and who knows what wiped on the hallway walls! Broken exit signs hanging off the wall. I asked another lady what she thought of the place, and she said she wouldn't come back either! I called to talk to the manager and he was nice but said there was nothing he could do as far a refund because I booked it through a 3rd party. He did offer a comp room to come back. But I wouldn't stay for free unless A LOT is changed! The outside of the building is nice looking and its in a nice area. But I would NOT recommend to anybody! VERY disappointing! I also called Choice hotels No help there either!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Brentwood, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Stephanie M,
We appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize for your unfortunate experience. Your valuable comments have been addressed with our staff and additional steps will be taken to correct the issues you encountered with comfort and cleanliness. We value your business and hope we have the opportunity to win you over with our improvements. Thank you again for writing.

June McCreight, General Manager
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

The best advice I can give here is stay away!! Unfortunately I used priceline and was not able to see reviews before my reservation was made. I would have never stayed after reading the reviews.

The hotel is nothing less than disgusting. I have never stayed in a more filthy hotel. There is a bad odor when you first walk in. The carpets are stained. When I got to the room the toilet had not been cleaned. I pulled out the sofa mattress and there were two horrible stains. They were too dark for pee, but not sure what they were. I asked to be moved. In the process I looked at another filthy room and then decided on one that was ok. At least it was ok until I got up in the morning and the shower curtain liner and shower head were covered with mold.

Of course, the hotel was not willing to give a refund because I stayed in the disgusting room. And, priceline won't make them refund it. I would recommend not stepping foot in this hotel and not using priceline because their guarantee doesn't mean anything.

Don't say you haven't been warned!

Stayed December 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Brentwood, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Piph-Daddy,
I appreciate you writing and bringing your concerns to my attention. We sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide the exceptional stay that you deserve. Your feedback is important to us as we continually strive to improve our guest experience. We hope to win you over with our improvements and provide a more positive stay in the future. Thank you again.

Channahon, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We had a reservation October 25th and on October 23rd, 2013, we were called by the general manager of this hotel, Michelle Caudiff. She said the hotel was overbooked on October 25 (even though we booked our reservation 3 months prior. We were told if we would give up our reservation, and book at another choice hotel, we would get a bonus of 16,000 points added to my rewards account because of the inconvenience. We have contacted this hotel at least 6 times and left voice mails and messages at the front desk. It is now Dec. 2, and she will still not address the promise made to us. We had to stay at another hotel in Columbia, tn. which was even more costly. Customer service is 0 if even the manager will not keep promises or return phone calls. Maybe this review will get a response from a very loyal Choice Hotel customer. Sharon Hedgren

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Brentwood, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Sonnyshar1966,
Thank you for writing. I sincerely apologize for the delay and any inconveniences imposed during this process. Unfortunately, situations do arise causing us to have to displace guests. Please understand this is not something we plan and try hardest to avoid. Your satisfaction is important to us. Please feel free to contact me directly to further discuss 615-371-8477 ext.524. We value you as our guest and thank you once again for writing.

Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Good location, easy to get in/out, plenty of parking. The carpet in my room could use replacing, but it was clean.
The evening manager was very helpful. When I complained about someone staying at the business computer for 4 hours watching cartoons online, she allowed me to use the computer in the back office.
The 'breakfast' isn't much but I don't expect much at extended-stay hotels, most don't offer it at all.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Brentwood, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
RKBOhio,
Thank you for taking a moment to write a review from your stay with us at MainStay Suites Brentwood. We always appreciate hearing from our guests on positive feedback, as well as opportunities for improving our guest experience. It's wonderful to know that you felt well taken care of by our staff and found our accessible location added convenience to your travels. We hope to welcome you back as our guest again soon. Thank you once again for writing.

Best regards,
Brentwood, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Great location in Brentwood, convenient to restaurants and shopping. Customer service is excellent! The staff will assist you in any way they can. Housekeeping does a great job as well. Rooms could use some updating. Enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Reggie M,
I'm happy to hear of your pleasant stay and appreciation of our staff at MainStay Suites Brentwood. Our team strives daily to exceed guest expectations through their excellence in cleanliness and customer service. I'll be certain to pass along your complimentary feedback to our team. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and had an opportunity to explore all that our area has to offer. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to Brentwood. Thank you once again for writing.

Best regards,
Michele Caduff, General Manager

Been to MainStay Suites Brentwood? Share your experiences!