“Terrible Experience!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Brentwood
Nashville, Indiana, United States
“Terrible Experience!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I unfortunately booked THREE rooms thru Priceline, so there was NOTHING anyone could do to help! One of the rooms smelled like rotten eggs, one of the rooms smelled like smoke ( even though it is non smoking facility!) One of the sofa sleepers had a spring missing and torn underneath so the mattress fell through when you slept on it. There was no bedding or pillows for of the sofa sleepers in ANY of the 3 rooms. We ALL had to go down ourselves and get them from the laundry! There was boogers and who knows what wiped on the hallway walls! Broken exit signs hanging off the wall. I asked another lady what she thought of the place, and she said she wouldn't come back either! I called to talk to the manager and he was nice but said there was nothing he could do as far a refund because I booked it through a 3rd party. He did offer a comp room to come back. But I wouldn't stay for free unless A LOT is changed! The outside of the building is nice looking and its in a nice area. But I would NOT recommend to anybody! VERY disappointing! I also called Choice hotels No help there either!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Brentwood, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Stephanie M,
We appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize for your unfortunate experience. Your valuable comments have been addressed with our staff and additional steps will be taken to correct the issues you encountered with comfort and cleanliness. We value your business and hope we have the opportunity to win you over with our improvements. Thank you again for writing.

June McCreight, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

The best advice I can give here is stay away!! Unfortunately I used priceline and was not able to see reviews before my reservation was made. I would have never stayed after reading the reviews.

The hotel is nothing less than disgusting. I have never stayed in a more filthy hotel. There is a bad odor when you first walk in. The carpets are stained. When I got to the room the toilet had not been cleaned. I pulled out the sofa mattress and there were two horrible stains. They were too dark for pee, but not sure what they were. I asked to be moved. In the process I looked at another filthy room and then decided on one that was ok. At least it was ok until I got up in the morning and the shower curtain liner and shower head were covered with mold.

Of course, the hotel was not willing to give a refund because I stayed in the disgusting room. And, priceline won't make them refund it. I would recommend not stepping foot in this hotel and not using priceline because their guarantee doesn't mean anything.

Don't say you haven't been warned!

Stayed December 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Brentwood, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Piph-Daddy,
I appreciate you writing and bringing your concerns to my attention. We sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide the exceptional stay that you deserve. Your feedback is important to us as we continually strive to improve our guest experience. We hope to win you over with our improvements and provide a more positive stay in the future. Thank you again.

Channahon, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We had a reservation October 25th and on October 23rd, 2013, we were called by the general manager of this hotel, Michelle Caudiff. She said the hotel was overbooked on October 25 (even though we booked our reservation 3 months prior. We were told if we would give up our reservation, and book at another choice hotel, we would get a bonus of 16,000 points added to my rewards account because of the inconvenience. We have contacted this hotel at least 6 times and left voice mails and messages at the front desk. It is now Dec. 2, and she will still not address the promise made to us. We had to stay at another hotel in Columbia, tn. which was even more costly. Customer service is 0 if even the manager will not keep promises or return phone calls. Maybe this review will get a response from a very loyal Choice Hotel customer. Sharon Hedgren

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Brentwood, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Sonnyshar1966,
Thank you for writing. I sincerely apologize for the delay and any inconveniences imposed during this process. Unfortunately, situations do arise causing us to have to displace guests. Please understand this is not something we plan and try hardest to avoid. Your satisfaction is important to us. Please feel free to contact me directly to further discuss 615-371-8477 ext.524. We value you as our guest and thank you once again for writing.

Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Good location, easy to get in/out, plenty of parking. The carpet in my room could use replacing, but it was clean.
The evening manager was very helpful. When I complained about someone staying at the business computer for 4 hours watching cartoons online, she allowed me to use the computer in the back office.
The 'breakfast' isn't much but I don't expect much at extended-stay hotels, most don't offer it at all.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Brentwood, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
RKBOhio,
Thank you for taking a moment to write a review from your stay with us at MainStay Suites Brentwood. We always appreciate hearing from our guests on positive feedback, as well as opportunities for improving our guest experience. It's wonderful to know that you felt well taken care of by our staff and found our accessible location added convenience to your travels. We hope to welcome you back as our guest again soon. Thank you once again for writing.

Best regards,
Brentwood, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Great location in Brentwood, convenient to restaurants and shopping. Customer service is excellent! The staff will assist you in any way they can. Housekeeping does a great job as well. Rooms could use some updating. Enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Reggie M,
I'm happy to hear of your pleasant stay and appreciation of our staff at MainStay Suites Brentwood. Our team strives daily to exceed guest expectations through their excellence in cleanliness and customer service. I'll be certain to pass along your complimentary feedback to our team. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and had an opportunity to explore all that our area has to offer. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to Brentwood. Thank you once again for writing.

Best regards,
Birmingham, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

This hotel may be a Choice Hotel but it is no longer my "choice". We checked into the hotel but left soon thereafter for an appointment. Upon our return we found food and other items left in the room from a previous occupant. We informed the desk clerk (who stated she didn't remember assigning that room) and she gave us another room. That room didn't have leftover food but there was a couple of items left in a drawer. The rooms are small but have a full kitchen. The carpet in the hallway was quite soiled. We didn't try the free breakfast but saw muffins on the counter. The internet was spotty in its speed. It would be very slow for a few minutes and then perform at a faster rate. I doubt we will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Brentwood, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
shnpan,
We appreciate you sharing feedback from your stay as guest satisfaction is our highest priority. We sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short of exceeding your expectations. Your feedback provides many areas we can work on in order to enhance our guest experience. We value your business and hope we have an opportunity to provide you with a more positive stay in the future. Thank you again for writing.

Sebring, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I was up there for a few weeks for school. My room was a first floor room with pool view. The hotel definitely needs a renovation, but the staff is awesome!! The oatmeal was my favorite thing for breakfast and the location is second to none. I would recommend this hotel just because of their staff, location, and oatmeal.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
James D,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at MainStay Suites Brentwood. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us while in town for school, and we're pleased to hear our staff's excellence in service made for a delightful experience. We enjoyed having you as our guest, and we hope to extend our hospitality to you again soon. Thank you once again for writing.

Michele Caduff, General Manager

Been to MainStay Suites Brentwood? Share your experiences!