“Not bad, not great” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Brentwood
Tuscumbia, Alabama
“Not bad, not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Part of the Choice Hotels group, which also includes Comfort Inn. No Comfort Inn near where we needed to be so we chose this. Appears to be an older property which in itself isn't bad, if renovations are done properly. Our suite had a handicapped shower which is a walk in shower with a seat.and a detachable shower head on a hose. No lip at the bottom so any water draining down the curtain runs out on the floor, not back into the shower. Deep scars on the linoleum floor where the old tub had been dragged out. Surprised they didn't replace that.

"Free breakfast consisted of coffee, water for tea, orange, muffins and some good, thick slices of bread, and oatmeal.

While in the bathroom I could hear the toilet in the next room.

No daily newspaper available.
Sorry Main Stay, but Comfort Inns has ruined me.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Brentwood, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Temblor123,

Thank you for writing a review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, especially in identifying ways we can improve our guest experience. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide the exceptional stay that you have come to expect from us. We value you as our guest and we hope you will give us the opportunity to extend our hospitality to you again.

Michele Caduff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Hanover, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

They have "special" rooms for Priceline guests per Kim at the front desk. We were initially placed in 1 of the 3 "Priceline" rooms. The room had a dead bug in the kitchen area, a large amount of dried urine mixed with hair on the toilet seat, and sheets that looked like they had been slept on for a week. I promptly took pics and headed to the front desk. The response to the pictures was "eww" and that I could be moved to another room for 2 of my 3 nights only because the hotel was booked. I would then have to move back to the original room. The new room that I was placed in was much larger and cleaner, although the beds still looked slept in (very rumpled sheets, multiple hairs, and what appeared to be mascara on a pillow case.) Don't bank on the breakfast. It consisted of a big pot of oatmeal, muffins, and toast. Lastly, the walls are paper thin. There was a highschool group of girls there for a soccer tournament and it sounded like they were playing a soccer game above us (loud bangs). I called the front desk and spoke to Kim, but the noise continued until 7am. By the second night around midnight, I called and asked if anything could be done. The gentleman on duty was very responsive and told me to call him back if there was any more issues. After a second call, things quieted down.
I come to Nashville frequently on business but will definitely never stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 200 is one of the "Priceline" rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Brentwood, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Businesstraveler329,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize for the problems connected to your visit. Our goal is to provide an exceptional stay and the highest quality standards for all of our guests. It is clear that we fell short in meeting those expectations and I would like to extend my sincerest apologies. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to make amends if you were to return to the Brentwood area.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

This is our first and likely last stay at a Mainstay Suites hotel. It apparently is primarily a place for consultants to stay when working on a client project, not vacationers. We loved the quiet neighborhood but the room itself was noisy. The hotel needs updating, paint and carpet. The staff told us at checking that breakfast was "a simple buffet". That was an understatement.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Brentwood, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
tomtex451,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate hearing from you and receiving your feedback. It is unfortunate to hear that you did not have a satisfying stay with us. We value you as our guest and hope that you'll visit us again.

Sevierville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stay at Choice Hotels for two reasons -- we like the ones with indoor pools and the free breakfast helps offset the cost, especially when you have kids!

We called this hotel in advance and asked if they had an indoor pool. They said there was, but after we checked-in, we discovered there wasn't. OK, I can deal with that, maybe the guy misunderstood?

The bathroom had no fan. There were limited toiletries. The regular coffee pot in the cabinet was broken in several places. We finally found the remote under one of the beds. And one of the pillows had a drool stain on it.

The next morning, first thing in the AM someone banged on the door to see if we were there, wanting to clean the room.

A few minuted later, a different person did the same thing. I asked them for some extra soaps and shampoo, but she didn't seem to understand english, nodded a few times and smiled and walked away. Never came back with anything.

The breakfast.... typically MainStay has waffles, some sort of hot food -- bacon or sausage, scrambled eggs, or at least biscuits and gravy. If not that, at the very least there's hard boiled eggs, fruit salad, and other great stuff. BUT NOT THIS ONE!!

No, they had blueberry muffins, white bread and plain oatmeal in a kettle. The oatmeal was dry -- it needed water -- so when I went to scoop it, it plopped into the bowl -- I had to like shake it off and when I did, it splattered on to my hand and stomach like napom! And did it burn!! I threw it down and wiped my hand on my pants just to get it off as fast as possible. The splatter on my stomach burned and I wiped it off, but my clean black shirt was no oatmeal-stained, like I wiped my nose on it or something. Gross.

I tried to find a lid, but none of the lids fit the oatmeal bowls. Same with the coffee -- none of the coffee lids fit the coffee sups. Good luck finding sugar. There were a couple of oranges that were obviously left over from yesterday.

No bagels, no cream cheese, no yogurts, AND NO MILK for my kids... they had orange juice though.

We ended up going to McDonald's in Brentwood instead.
I will never stay at this MainStay ever again, don't let the fancy location in Brentwood fool you.

Room Tip: Don't let the fancy location in Brentwood fool you -- there are better places to stay.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mokena, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is the second time we stayed at this hotel. We find the accommodations very comfortable and clean. The property is well managed and the staff is friendly. We found dealing with associate Regina Simms to be especially pleasant; in every aspect, from making our reservations , during our stay even through our departure. Thanks!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Brentwood, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
John N,
Thank you for sharing your experiences with us at Mainstay Suites Brentwood. We’re glad you returned for a second stay, and I’m pleased we consistently provided clean and comfortable accommodations, as well as friendly service during your visits. I’ll be certain to recognize Regina Simms with a special commendation for her outstanding service. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

One of best experience I have ever had with an extended stays. Best part was the courteous and caring staff made my 2 weeks stay memorable. Special thanks to "Kim" who was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is value for money, nicely located with a manageable distance from downtown business district and surrounded by peaceful neighborhood. Starbucks, McDonald, Taco Bell, Pai Wei, publiX, salons are at walking distance. The check-in and checkout process was ultra smooth. The morning breakfast was average and housekeeping services were a little slow due to high occupancy at the peak of summer. All in all, great place to stay, Highly Recommended!!

Ashish

Room Tip: I was in the double bed room suite on 2nd floor which has a nice view of the green landscape and mos...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Brentwood, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Ashish T,
It’s great to hear from you! Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Mainstay Suites Brentwood. I’m pleased to hear that our staff’s hospitality and excellence in service made for a memorable and enjoyable 2 week stay. We appreciate your high recommendations of our great hotel, and we hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Hadley, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The staff are very courteous and check-in was a snap. My initial room was a queen bed handicapped access room on the third floor. It had a faint smell to it- almost like a convalescent facility. I bought an air freshener and that worked. On my second night I returned to find the AC unit had died and the room was 85 degrees. They immediately gave me room 305, a larger and much nicer room. Had 2 double beds, pictures on the walls and a couch and no smells. The pillows on the beds in both rooms were very small and super soft. Not much to them. If you wanted more pillows or to exchange towels, they had extra's in the laundry room for your use.
There are 2 sets of plates, silverware, cups and glasses. The kitchen had a full sized refrigerator, a 2 burner stove, microwave and coffeemaker, a pot with lid and frying pan for cooking and a dishwasher.
Their "breakfast" consisted of only coffee/tea, orange juice (seemed a little watered down to me) and 2 types of bread with 2 jellies, pb, butter and fruit. They also had a microwave and the worlds slowest 2 slice toaster.
Overall cleanliness was OK. There were a few small things I wiped down in the first room. The second room fridge was not checked well by the maid, but wasn't really bad. Dust bunnies under the beds in the second room. There were a couple of dark stains on one pillowcase and a washcloth.
If I were going to Nashville again for an extended stay and didn't want to spend a fortune for a room, I would not hesitate to stay here again. The staff was extremely friendly and willing to please and help. If I found a problem they took care of it right then. They could do better with their attention to detail in their cleaning and they need to check the linens for stains. I see others were not impressed with the breakfast and neither was I, but it sufficed for me.

Room Tip: Room 305 was pretty nice.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Brentwood, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Donald C,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us at Mainstay Suites Brentwood. I’m pleased to hear that you found our staff courteous and the check-in process efficient upon arrival. I apologize for the maintenance issues you encountered, and I’m glad you enjoyed the spacious accommodations during your second night. I appreciate your feedback and have shared your comments with our housekeeping staff inorder to improve our attention to detail and overall guest experience. We’re happy to have had you as our guest and we hope you have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Michele Caduff, General Manager

Been to MainStay Suites Brentwood? Share your experiences!