“Staff Friendly...Beware the 1st floor room.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Great Rates in the South
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Brentwood
Florida
“Staff Friendly...Beware the 1st floor room.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

The staff here was very nice and accommodating. We were here on business with young children. At our request, they brought us a high chair for our room. They cleaned our room before nap time if we requested it. They removed a staple that was sticking out of the couch and scratched my foot. The room was pretty clean. I found some animal hair on the couch, etc. BUT it IS a pet friendly hotel.

My beef...the first floor room we had in Bldg 12 (I cannot speak for any other building) was super noisy when someone was checked into the room upstairs. AND the hotel was full the entire two weeks we were there. The room turned over at least 4 times. At night when the guests were walking around the room above us, it sounded like elephants on parade. The first week we were there we woke up every morning at 4:30am because that is what time the person above us woke up. There were times it sounded like the ceiling may collapse right over our bed. This is not an exaggeration. We spoke with the front desk about it. They offered us extra Marriott points, to move us to an upstairs room, and explained that they hadn't had anyone complain about this problem in a while (maybe the circumstances didn't call for it recently). We do not like to complain and we did not take the points or the upstairs room because it is inconvenient to be upstairs with 2 kids and to have to move ALL of our stuff to another room. Again, I say the staff was great, especially Shawn. One night someone was playing the guitar after midnight. I called the front desk and the music stopped.

The breakfast was pretty good. The evening meal was ok too. The pool was still closed. It was a bummer because it was unseasonably hot in March into the high 70s/low 80s. They had a very nice grilling area. My husband would've loved if the had wi-fi in the rooms. The bed was comfy. The hotel felt very safe. They had plenty of laundry facilities.

Great staff, beware the 1st floor room.

Room Tip: As for a second floor room.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
rocky river, ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Stayed over while driving from Cleveland to Florida. This property is immaculate, the room and facility had been recently remodeled and all aspects of the room were immaculate. We have 3 small children who crawl etc. So we are particular about cleanliness. The area is a quiet secluded business park type setting, and plenty of sidewalks to walk and restaurants nearby as well as a city park and playground within a brief 4 minute car ride. We just stayed over, so didnt get to utilize the area much. The breakfast was extensive with plenty of fresh fruit, and health options if you so desire. Will absolutely stay again if traveling to Florida.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Olive Branch, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I'm a Marriott Gold Elite member and had booked the one bedroom suite originally. When I arrived, I asked for an upgrade and was immediately upgraded to a great two bedroom/two bathroom suite w/ no problems at all. the front desk person (I wish I had gotten his name) was WONDERFUL. He was cheerful, willing to help with anything I needed.

It's a relatively small property but is extremely clean and in a great area. The suite we stayed in was very, very clean. It had three LCD's, a nice size kitchen, huge closet space in both bedrooms, nice bathrooms, and beautiful decor. We are a family of 5 and there was plenty of room for everyone. The only complaint (and I dont even call it a complaint) was that the seating in the living room area would not seat 5 people comfortably to watch tv. The couch was extremely small.

Breakfast: Breakfast consists of a few hot items (sausage, eggs, biscuits, gravy, oatmeal, make your own waffles) and the regular fare (muffins, bagels, danishes, cereal, etc.). There really wasn't a lot of seating so you have to get there early. Only other issue was that once they ran out of oatmeal, they did not have more and were not willing to make any more.

All in all, I wish we could've stayed longer. I've stayed at a huge variety of Marriott properties from Fairfields to JW Marriotts and I would say this was one of the nicer rooms I've had.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I have spent 18 nights so far at the Residence Inn in Brentwood while in a corporate training program.

I have to give this hotel a very high rating for its highly helpful staff, cleanliness, fine services and nice rooms.

The rooms are beautiful. They are well appointed, with new furniture (I believe they were renovated last year) HDTV - yes, HD channels showed up while we were here - a very nice surprise, and nearly a full kitchen with refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, and a stovetop cooking surface. All the surfaces are new granite, and the full desk and couch are very nice lounging areas for resting up after a long day of getting lectured to. The room has a full-size closet with plenty of storage, a bathroom separate from the remainder of the room and a large bathroom vanity. All very comfortable. The laundry is a ways away from my room (a headache if you have to tote laundry in the rain) but there's three washers and four dryers, all coin operated.

Shawn (Go Red Sox!), Paul, Lorenzo and the rest of the staff (I apologize for not knowing everyone's names), including the housekeeping staff, who retrieved a lost item of clothing for me I dropped outside my room, are excellent. They really work hard to make your stay comfortable, and are always pleasant and helpful. If they can't find something they will find somebody who can get it for you.

I used their grocery pick-up service, an excellent service. They ask you to give them a list, and while you are out for the day they stop by the local grocery (Publix is within a fairly long walking distance if you're hauling groceries) and get your list for you. It's great if you don't want to haul all that back to your room if you don't have a vehicle.

My SOLE complaint is that there is no wireless internet in the rooms. They have a wireless guest service in the gatehouse where the offices and dining room are but only an ethernet cable in the room. Kinda stinks if you want to FaceTime with your kids on the Iphone or Ipad, but I made do by going to the gate house (which is large and quite nicely appointed as well.)

There's food two to three nights a week in the gate house, usually something simple like burgers or chicken or fajitas. Nothing fancy, but it was pretty good considering it was free. Breakfast is substantial, eggs, potatoes, sausage, waffles, all the fixings. A nice deal for the mornings. There's always coffee and a little store on site as well for sundries or snacks.

Transportation - they have a van and they were able to run us into Nashville for fun on the weekends and were willing to drop us off at local eateries within five miles. Nice if you are stuck on site or want to get out. The hotel is in a large office park called Maryland Farms, and it's great for walking (there's a small pond (more like retaining pool) adjacent to the hotel with walking trails around it and places to sit out. There's restaurants within walking distance, so you're not completely stranded.

Overall, I have to say it was an excellent stay, and I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a nice stay in the Nashville area. This would be especially good for families or long term corporate stays.

Room Tip: Get a room upstairs unless you are in need of an elevator. There are no elevators, only stairs and t...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Olathe, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Having 5 adults, with one not being a family member, the 2 bedroom suite with fold out couch was a very comfortable room for everyone. It also had 2 bathrooms so we weren't backlogged trying to get showers in the morning. We were given a room at the farthest location from the lobby. It was nice as far as being very quiet, but not so fun when it came to having to walk for breakfast. You have to walk outside so if weather is not good, it is a challenge. For our stay, it was fine. The rooms were clean and roomy. The staff was very cooperative. We didn't want room service and they were nice about giving us trash bags and fresh towels anyway.

One downside was the cooking items supplied. There was one little pot and one large pot for making spaghetti. There were no serving bowls for microwaving. There was not a skillet and there weren't any cookie sheets. You can request cookie sheets from the hotel kitchen, though. Because cookie was going to be difficult, we really didn't get the full benefit of the kitchen as we had hoped.

Also, the breakfast in this hotel was not as good as I've seen in other hotels.

Room Tip: If you don't want have to walk for long in the weather for your breakfast, ask for a building cl...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012 via mobile

I scored this hotel well in the offered categories but there are some important things to note.
1. The breakfast is terrible. Don't plan on eating here to save.
2. The rooms have stoves and my two year old figured out how to turn it on shortly after we arrived.
3. The locks on the doors are lower than normal hotel rooms and my son also figured out how to unlock and open the door pretty quickly.
4. Ask for a first floor room if you have little feet always on the move. I can't imagine how much we must have annoyed the people below us.
5. The pool does not open until May no matter the weather.
6. The staff is very friendly and the accommodations are a great value.

• Stayed March 2012
Kelowna, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

I have stayed at several Residence Inn properties across the country. It surprises me how very different they can be from one another.

The staff was great. Sean at the Front Desk was superb! He went beyond all expectations. He has great Southern charm and tells great jokes!

This hotel has been recently remodeled. It still doesn't meet up with other properties that are newer. Some of the linen was very worn and dingy looking. There were several maintenance issues but we didn't mention them during our stay but chose, instead, to point them out at check out time as they weren't bad enough to ruin our stay.

The greatest disappointment was the breakfast. While it resembled other Residence Inn Breakfast Buffetts in terms of type of food, the food was over cooked, didn't taste fresh, and the area was not maintained well during the hours that guests where helping themselves. People spill things and leave messes everywhere. We were uncomfortable navigating around it all. Several times the chaffing dishes were empty and no one was around to say the new food would be right out. The door to the kitchen was propped open. We were able to see inside. It was absolutely filthy! They need to keep the door shut or clean it up.

But the room was nice and the staff was very pleasant.

If we are ever in the area again, we will probably go back to the Residence Inn in Franklin/Cool Springs. It is a little more money, but a huge step up in every way, if you can afford it.

Room Tip: Try to get a room closer to the front of the property. It is a very long walk from the back buildin...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Nashville Brentwood? Share your experiences!