“So unpleasant-Would rather have stayed in my car” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Brentwood
Collierville, Tennessee
“So unpleasant-Would rather have stayed in my car”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

4th floor smells like smoke (supposedly a non-smoking hotel). I did not care for the brown comforters, or being required to watch Al Jazeera promotional videos to get Wifi. The breakfast area was overcrowded and breakfast consisted of fruit loops and sour orange juice, Front desk was rude, unknowledgeable and made us feel unwelcome. Parking was limited since a huge trailer was taking up nine spaces. Location is good, but there are plenty of better options in the Cool Springs area. You're much better off with a Hilton/Hampton or Marriott chain of hotels. Never staying here again!

Room Tip: Avoid the 4th floor- it smells like smoke.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
KanalCK, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
I am sorry that recently you were unable to cancel your guaranteed reservations with your travel agent made at a special group rate with certain restrictions. It seems that this disappointing issue is what may have prompted you to write this critical review. Unfortunately, your review does not contain many constructive comments that a customer-oriented hotel like us and our staff could utilize for making improvements to benefit our future guests.

For example, you said you “did not care for brown comforters”. Okay, point noted but it does not help us because these are part of the official décor at all Sleep Inn hotels worldwide. Next, you mentioned that you were “required” by the hotel to watch a certain commercial that you did not like. Not true. We have no such requirement or even a say in which commercials are being randomly broadcast by third party channels, internet providers and TV networks.

You alluded to the smell of smoke on the fourth floor. You actually stayed on the third floor so I presume you did not experience a problem of this kind personally. We are a 100% non-smoking hotel and we make every guest aware of this policy at check-in time. We also monitor the hallways regularly for any violations and no such problem was reported to us during your stay.

You made a comment about the inadequacy of our breakfast. Well, our surveillance video confirms that you were present when our free hot breakfast was being served. Surely, you must have noticed that it included over 30 fresh and delectable items. This is a far superior offering by any hotel standard and it consists of much more than just “fruit loops” as you have mentioned. Besides three types of fruit juices, we also serve lemonade and I hope you did not mistake it for “sour orange juice”. To put things in the right perspective, the upscale hotels that you have recommended not only charge room rates 40% to 100% higher than Sleep Inn but, unlike us, they even charge for basics like breakfast, internet access and parking.

We wish your stay with us had been more pleasant and happy and your review more cordial and meaningful. Please keep in mind that most guaranteed group reservations at special low rates cannot be cancelled at the last minute because the rooms are held by the hotel just for you and you only. If you are willing to give us another try, we would love to serve your accommodation needs again in the future making it a far superior stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Piedmont, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

I was afraid that because this hotel was fairly inexpensive it wouldn't be nice. I was pleasantly surprised to find it not only modern but clean. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast every morning was really good. A lot of shops and restaurants in the same area. I think this will be our go to hotel from now on when we are in Nashville area.

• Stayed August 2013
KanalCK, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Our entire staff and I would like to thank you for staying with us recently, and for giving us such an encouraging review and feedback. We take pride in providing our guests with a clean, comfortable and pleasant place to stay as well as the most desired amenities for their convenience and enjoyment. We really appreciate your preference to stay at our hotel in the future and would like to assure you of a superior experience and outstanding service each and every time.
Huntsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Pleasantly surprised at how nice this place is. I spent the weekend antiquing at historic Franklin, TN (less than 1.0 mile away) and attended the famous Nashville Fairgrounds Flea Market (12 miles away). A great place to rest and relax after days filled with walking and shopping. Well stocked full breakfast available each morning was a plus. Many choices for evening dinning are close by. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: A/C unit did wake me once, but wasn't unusually noisy.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
KanalCK, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Our entire staff would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review on our hotel. We are encouraged that you had a great stay and it will be our pleasure to ensure that your future stays with us are equally happy and pleasant. Most of our customers like our excellent location near the trendy Cool Springs Galleria Mall, surrounded by a wide variety of national-brand stores and dining places of every kind. As you already know, we are conveniently located just minutes away from Music City(Nashville) and the historic town of Franklin. Thanks for staying with us. We shall look forward to welcoming you again at our hotel soon.
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I booked this hotel as a last resort because everything else was sold out. I was presently surprised with the hotel and this will be where I stay from now on on my shopping trips. Rooms looked recently ronovated. They had fridge, microwave, flat tv, glass shower, & free water bottles. Breakfast was hot & tasted great offering free waffles, sausage, biscuits, eggs, & gravy.

Hotel is across the street from Ross & Old Navy so you can't beat the location for shopping.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
KanalCK, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such an encouraging review on your recent stay at Sleep Inn. Our staff takes pride in providing one of the best values among hotels in the upscale Cool Springs area .Your positive comments seem to make all that hard work extremely worthwhile. You will also be glad to know that we have just added new plush, pillow top mattresses to all our rooms for a most comfortable sleep experience for our guests. Thank you for your business. We hope to see you again soon at our hotel.
Geneseo, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Just stayed here last week on a business trip to the area. Staff at check-in were very friendly, and recognized my Diamond status with Choice hotels. It's a small thing, but it's really nice when you check in and they say "Thanks for being a Diamond member." At most Choice hotels they simply never mention it.

Room was great, very clean, decent TV, good bathroom (no bathtub, but I prefer shower-only...so this is a plus for me). TV was a decent flat panel, and internet connection was fast and stable the whole time I was there.

I would stay here again in a heart-beat.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
KanalCK, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
My staff and I would like to thank you for giving us such a positive review. I have shared your excellent feedback with our hard working team at Sleep Inn which made them very happy as it served as a great source of encouragement and appreciation to them. Our staff and I take great pride in providing the best possible service and amenities to our valued guests to ensure that they always have a wonderful stay. We consider Choice Privileges members to be a part of the Choice Hotels family worldwide and we are always proud to recognize our Privileges member guests. We are so glad to provide them with the opportunity to earn points towards some very attractive Choice membership rewards. We thank you for your business and hope to see you soon in the near future.
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have just visited this Sleep Inn again (third time) and again everything went well. We go to Nashville about 4 times a year and since discovering this place this year this is nowhere we stay. I am a Choice member and I believe using the points on this hotel is a good value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
KanalCK, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Thank you for your excellent review and comments. We are just thrilled that you had a good stay with us recently and that you plan to come stay with us in the future as well. Our entire team really appreciates your business and would like to assure you of a pleasant and comfortable stay each and every time you com stay with us. I hope you will not hesitate to contact us if we can ever be of service or special assistance to you. Thank you for your business and we shall look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We visited this hotel 6/14-6/15/2013. This hotel was extremely nice. This is a great place to stay. The hotel was clean and a great value for the price. The staff was friendly at first but then a change of events. I asked for clean sheets for the beds upon arrival as I always do online. When I sent my son down to get some, the lady at the desk sent him back with 1 set of sheets and we had 2 queen beds. I went down there and told her that I needed another set and I requested them online when I made my reservation. She pulled my reservation and said "well I have to see if we have any more. Go take the old sheets off and bring them to me and I'll see if I can find some more sheets". I stood there and just looked at her. I'm not sure if she thought I was boo-boo the fool or what but I was not leaving before I received the sheets. She then took a phone call and I continued to stand and stare at her. She final got up and went to go get the sheets. Why so much hassle over clean sheets? I do not understand. The drier in the hotel did not work. Besides the two small incidents, I enjoyed my stay at this clean hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
KanalCK, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review concerning your recent stay at our hotel. I have shared your comments with our staff and they join me in thanking you for your nice compliments about the hotel. I am sorry about the issue you have mentioned in your review. Upon further investigation, it seems that there was some misunderstanding on the part of the front desk clerk and I hope you will accept our apology. She has since been advised how to handle this type of situation and I am convinced that it will not be repeated in the future. Our staff takes great pride in maintaining a clean and comfortable environment to serve our valued guests like yourself. Thanks again for your positive feedback. It is a great source of encouragement for our entire staff and always appreciated. I hope you will come back soon, We are confident that you will experience a very pleasant stay.

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!