“15 yard penalty for pet!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Brentwood
Chicago, Illinois
“15 yard penalty for pet!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have stayed at this property several times before, each time taking our large dog in with usand have always been pleased. I always disclose up front that we have a pet and am happy to pay a reasonable fee for such a privilege. The fee for this property is 10.00 per pet. No problem. There were few guests from the look of vehicles in the parking lot. The front desk clerk was kind. We asked for a room with two beds. We were given a room on the fourth floor way in the back of the hotel. Our room was clean. However, I have read several responses from management to complaints that state that they have installed flat screen tv's in EVERY room. Not ours! They have replaced many mattresses. Not ours! The bed linens were of the cheapest quality. No double sheets which can be found in all but the cheapest motels these days. The alarm clock did not work. The phone directory card has been removed, revealing numerous holes. There is a very tiny area that may be considered a desk but there is no available electrical outlet. The fridge was not cold at all, which was rectified by the front desk help, by pulling out the fridge and adjusting from the back. I can only assume the reason it was turned downwas to conserve energy as I feel this room is not rented out very often. I understand that some pet owners are negligent and allow their pets to cause havoc in a room and that there is no way to distinguish who will be responsible and who will not. However, could not the same argument be made for a room rented to a bunch of partying young people, a rowdy bunch of sports fans or ball players, etc.? I do not mind paying a little more of a pet fee in order not to be discriminated against on the presumption that I may allow my pet to litter a room. Obviously, no one should tolerate an irresponsible pet owner but charges can be added to a credit card after the fact, as is the case for smokers who smoke in a non smoking room room. the hotel is conveniently located to many restaurants and excellent shopping. However, I will be looking elsewhere along I-65 to stay. Many people travel with pets these days and the selection of hotels allowing pets for a reasonable fee is getting better all the time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Primetech, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to mention things that you liked and disliked about our hotel based on our recent stay. We really apologize for the shortcomings that you experienced; however, we appreciate your critical evaluation of issues because it helps us to identify areas that we need to improve upon in order to serve our guests better than any other hotel in the area. We have been a pet-friendly hotel from day one since we opened our doors and the outstanding testimonials from our satisfied guests whom we have cared for over the years have been no less than overwhelming. This is because our entire staff truly cares for our customers to provide their best service towards the guests' fullest satisfaction. During the last six months or so, we have spent a lot of effort in steadily upgrading our amenities in most of the rooms but we are not 100% there yet. We sincerely apologize to have randomly assigned you a room that was nice and clean like you said but was also scheduled for improvements in the near future. Rest assured, it was an oversight but it definitely was not based upon your having a pet. Far from it, actually, and if you had just asked the front desk staff to help you move to another pet-designated room with newer amenities, they would have gladly done so. It seems from your review that you have been a satisfied repeat customer of ours and we really would like to keep it that way. I hope we will have yet another opportunity to serve you soon and I am confident that we will all make sure that you have a very pleasant stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stopped here on our way back from a trip to Cape San Blas with our dogs. It was late and we were exhausted. The lady at the front desk was pleasant and helpful with suggestions for pizza delivery. The room was great-clean and up-to-date. Free wireless. The AAA rate even with the dog surcharge was excellent. I rated the location down only because we had trouble finding it, but that might have been the navigator's error.

• Stayed February 2013
dte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Staff was great and went out if the way to take care of requests for extra towels, the preference for my room and anything else I asked for. Breakfast was great. Can't beat the location and value for money. New tv was perfect. Highly recommended

Stayed multiple times and several people from my company stay here and it became our company preferred hotel

• Stayed July 2012
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was in Nashville for a business trip and wanted to stay close to good eating places and this one was located right near the mall. It gave me a chance to finish my Christmas shopping and also take care of my business in Franklin. Rooms were nice and clean, breakfast quite good and helpful staff. And I did not pay Marriott or Hilton rates.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My friends and I stayed here for a night while driving down to FL. The rooms are clean, staff was very helpful, and the hotel located right next to the highway and a mall with great shopping. The breakfast in the morning was amazing as well! Will definitely stay again on our next trip!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dandridge, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

My husband and I along with our maltese puppy stay over the Thanksgiving weekend and this was a quiet and nice motel/hotel. We had a handicap room facing the pool area very close to the side door entrance which made it handy for me to bring in our stuff. Nice breakfast and was even able to bring our puppy down with us to eat. There were a few things I wish were better, the air conditioning/heating unit fan made so much noise it was hard to hear the TV, the internet service did not work and was told to call the 800 number to get connected, and the roll-in shower only had a curtain so water went all over the bathroom floor. Could use more towels for shower only one per person...come on give at least two per person. Opened curtain back to see view but window was really dirty but I did not care to look at the closed pool anyway so that did not make a real difference. Did not use or look at the fitness center so cannot comment on it. All of the minor things I mention could be taken care of and make this a 4-5 star place to stay. Overall the experience was a good one and I plan on staying there again soon. Needs some handicap rooms with king beds too! Great shopping area location!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

We found this hotel traveling to FL... I must say that the hotel staff was great. The remodel rooms looked great.. the breakfast was awesome.. had a peaceful stay.. hope that this help.. Thanks Sleep Inn Brentwood, TN

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!