“Convenient, clean and affordable” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 19 hotels in Brentwood
San Francisco, California
“Convenient, clean and affordable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was in Nashville for a business trip and wanted to stay close to good eating places and this one was located right near the mall. It gave me a chance to finish my Christmas shopping and also take care of my business in Franklin. Rooms were nice and clean, breakfast quite good and helpful staff. And I did not pay Marriott or Hilton rates.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My friends and I stayed here for a night while driving down to FL. The rooms are clean, staff was very helpful, and the hotel located right next to the highway and a mall with great shopping. The breakfast in the morning was amazing as well! Will definitely stay again on our next trip!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dandridge, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

My husband and I along with our maltese puppy stay over the Thanksgiving weekend and this was a quiet and nice motel/hotel. We had a handicap room facing the pool area very close to the side door entrance which made it handy for me to bring in our stuff. Nice breakfast and was even able to bring our puppy down with us to eat. There were a few things I wish were better, the air conditioning/heating unit fan made so much noise it was hard to hear the TV, the internet service did not work and was told to call the 800 number to get connected, and the roll-in shower only had a curtain so water went all over the bathroom floor. Could use more towels for shower only one per person...come on give at least two per person. Opened curtain back to see view but window was really dirty but I did not care to look at the closed pool anyway so that did not make a real difference. Did not use or look at the fitness center so cannot comment on it. All of the minor things I mention could be taken care of and make this a 4-5 star place to stay. Overall the experience was a good one and I plan on staying there again soon. Needs some handicap rooms with king beds too! Great shopping area location!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

We found this hotel traveling to FL... I must say that the hotel staff was great. The remodel rooms looked great.. the breakfast was awesome.. had a peaceful stay.. hope that this help.. Thanks Sleep Inn Brentwood, TN

• Stayed September 2012
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel some months back, but this is what I enountered and hope it helps future travelers.

Check in was fine, but front desk was pretty indifferent about most things I asked about the hotel. When I was walking to my room I noticed the hallway carpet was filthy and visibly stained. I opened the door to my room and realized the new carpet the clerk had told me about had been put in the rooms, too cheap to carpet the badly needed hallways.

Bed had old mattress and box spring with stains. Blankets had burn marks and holes. Cables exposed and a fire hazard with multiple plugs. Shower door in need of repair, very hard to close. Corrotion around shower door and old calking with mildew.

No window on screen, asked front desk to get me one and he said couldn't get one until maintenance came in the next day.

Went down to use the lobby computer and was informed they only give you 3 sheets of paper to print, you have to pay for any additional paper you might need. How cheap can you be?

As I was leaving the hotel, I used one of their carts to transport my stuff, it was rickety and screws were visibly loose. I was having some trouble getting out of the elevator because there was barely any air in the tires and it wasn't very maneuverable. I notice the front desk clerk and another man, who I found out later was the owner, eating in the breakfast area. Neither of them lifted a finger to help me. They could see I was having trouble and my stuff was falling off because the cart was so jacked up. What a joke! I yelled at them for not having a cart that works properly and a huge hazard.

It is clear the owner nor his staff give two cents about their guests. I would never stay here again, they were really strange.

Room Tip: Indifferent staff, dirty rooms and poor hotel maintenance
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Primetech, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
We highly respect the opinions of our exclusive Guest Privileges members like yourself and consider them to be an important part of our Choice Hotels family worldwide. Your review pertains to your stay about a year ago and you will be glad to know that we have made several major improvements and upgrades at our hotel since then. For example, for the convenience and leisure of of our guests, every room at our Sleep Inn hotel now has flat panel TVs, microwave ovens, mini refrigerators, coffee makers, and much more. We have added new plush, pillow-top mattresses to most of our rooms for the comfort and restful sleep of our guests. Our high speed wireless internet service is not only complimentary but also it is backed by a 24/7 toll-free technical support line at no charge. We have expanded our complimentary breakfast offerings to include a sumptuous feast of yogurt, fresh fruit, three kinds of fruit juices, bran muffins, biscuits, home-style gravy, freshly made scrambled eggs, sausage patties, waffles, boiled aggs, danish, cereals, and much more – all at no charge. Yes indeed, we have made great strides since your last stay with us a year ago in the care and service of our valued guests. Both you and our prospective new guests are encouraged to come soon to enjoy our southern hospitality and excellent new amenities at probably one of the most value-priced and customer-oriented Choice Privileges hotels located in the entire Cool Springs/Brentwood area.
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I loved staying at this Sleep Inn! The location was terrific -- my family and I had a plethora of options to choose from for shopping and dining which were all right next door to us! Our room was very comfortable and clean, and the staff was super friendly. I usually hate going to hotels because their standard complimentary breakfast is cold and/or pretty tasteless, but this hotel had a hot breakfast which my family and I really enjoyed. I will definitely be visiting Sleep Inn in Cool Springs again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

Strictly my experience. Talk it as you will.

CONS:
1) After driving 11 hours with an infant, crib (which was requested in reservation requests) was not in room and ready. Therefore, my daughter became over tired waiting and was impossible to put down to sleep. When the crib was finally set up it was placed right in front of A/C unit.
2) Pregnant and holding 7.5 month old in one hand, visibly struggling to push bell cart with luggage and dog attached with other hand. Rather than the front desk clerk offering help to at minimum push the bell cart upstairs for me, he stops me saying I need to pay the pet fee. I have no problem with this and give permission for it to be added to bill.
3) Bathroom only had shower and no tub. Clearly, I could not bathe an infant under a shower head. I'm not certain all rooms at this property don't have tubs.
4) Room was unclean. (i.e. Maintenance left a to do list in bathroom on toilet. Nonsmoking room had cigarette ash in bathroom corner.)

PROS:
1) Hotel employee did set up portable crib for me, rather than leaving it in room or making me pick it up from front desk myself. (as other hotels have done in the past)
2) Ample parking outside; therefore, I was able to unload onto bellcart and find parking easily. It made holding my child while walking my dog into building much easier.
3) Property is conveniently located right off highway and near quite a bit of shopping and dining.

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!