“Never again - 1st time at a Sleep Inn... also my last”
We stayed here as part of a sports team travelling to the Nashville area for a tournament.
- Location (close to 65, lots of restaurants & shopping, and the Sportsplex).
- Free wireless
- Free breakfast... nothing exciting, but adequate (cereal, oatmeal, sketchy-looking boiled eggs, waffles, pastries, juices, coffee)
- The rooms are on the larger side
- The rooms. From what I was told, this is a newer hotel. Could have fooled me. I felt like I was in a hotel room from the 70s. Actually, due to the lighting, it felt more like a hospital room than anything. The only lights in the room are wide, overhead flourescents (like in a hospital). There was one additional, very small non-flourescent light near the door but this was too dim to be very useful.
- The beds. I didn't even know they still made matresses this uncomfortable. Both beds (doubles) were wobbley and very low to the ground. Very thin sheets, blanket, and bedspread (not to mention, ugly). Inexplicably, new fluffy pillows were offered with these seemingly ancient beds. (I guess that is a bright spot, though).
- The bathrooms. Only a shower stall. The door to the shower stall was hung crooked and would not close tight. The door to the bathroom would not close at all. So, don't expect any privacy. At least three other families on the trip had these exact same issues.
- Ice machines not functioning on three floors. No pop machines functioning.
The hotel staff was okay. Never rude, but not especially welcoming. One staff member kept parking in a "non-spot" close to the door, next to handicapped parking. The problem is, his car then blocked the ramp that my wheelchair-bound daughter needed to use. I figured out it was a staff member rather than a guest when I saw him leaving for lunch. I complained and he then stopped parking there during our stay, but I found it quite tacky that a staff member would be that lazy and exhibit this behavior in the first place.
When I stay at a hotel, I don't need everything to be 5-star quality. That said, I do expect to at least be able to get a decent night's sleep for my money. For this reason alone, I feel like I got zero value at the "Sleep" Inn. Having never stayed at one before, I will likely never stay at one again.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
March 14, 2011
We are sorry you did not have a pleasant first-time experience staying at Sleep Inn. We do wish you had contacted the Manager on duty about any issues so that would have been addressed immediately to your satisfaction. Sleep Inns were designed as an excellent value- based, no frill hotel yet clean, spacious and comfortable that no wonder it has one of the highest guest satisfaction ratings among all mid-scale hotels. I had personally checked the ice machines that day on each floor and actually three out of four were in perfect working condition. The coke machine was fully operational as well. We hope that you will give Sleep Inn one more chance to join thousands of satisfied guests who have found Sleep Inn to be of great value and comfort to the weary traveler around the world. Last but not least, if you would just contact me via letter, I will be happy to provide you with a future complimentary stay at our hotel which I am confident will totally change your mind and opinion about this popular chain.
Report response as inappropriate
Hotel Marketing Manager
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.