“Awesome find!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Brentwood
Germantown, TN
“Awesome find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

What a pleasant surprise, nice suite, good breakfast, even a good dinner, free right there. And free welcome beer. How nice! And with the full size fridge was an ice maker. Ours just didn't have very much ice in it, so the front desk was great about providing ice to us.

Super large and comfy room, so why 4 instead of 5 stars? Our room overlooked the air conditioners for the lobby. So that was our view, but that was not the issue. I bet on that view outside were 300 cigarette butts, and it just looked nasty. So we closed the drapes. I did mention this at the front desk and was told that they would get right on it. When we checked out they were still there.

Around the tub was some mold.

Would this keep us from coming back? No. We loved this place.

One other recommendation to the hotel, get another waffle maker. There were lines for 2 days that just made it impossible to make one.

Stayed July 2014
BNABT, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Nashville Brentwood, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your review! I am sorry to hear about the view that you were not happy with, but next time, please let us know and, if available, we would be happy to relocate you to another room that would be more suitable for you.

Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Foxboro, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We are still on our vacation here and have experienced 2 nights so far...I will update my review at the end, but here are the pros and cons.

Pros: pillows, bed, and kitchen space are excellent. The fan in the bedroom is helpful in between the AC turning on and off. Complimentary breakfast every morning and dinner Mon-Thurs (it would have been nice for dinner to be offered Fri-Sun, but I get the whole weekend thing). The pool was nice and warm (packed with kids), but our kids had fun too, so no complaints here. Front lobby staff was VERY nice and our maintenance man was super accommodating when we approached them with a leaky toilet issue.

Cons: The AC unit is SUPER loud when it turns on. If you can manage to fall asleep and not hear it, kudos to you. Once our four year old got used to it, she didn't care, but the first time it went on and off it startled her. However, you CAN regulate if it stays on or goes on automatic to maintain a certain temperature. For some reason I didn't hear the train the first night here, but last night we heard it pass through multiple times (in fact I can hear it right now). One of the reasons I booked this hotel is because it didn't have a lot of outside noise complaints, but I will say that you can hear it.

My husband said there was a policeman patrolling the halls last night probably due to noise complaints. We have a teenage basketball convention meeting here or at least staying here, so it's definitely been packed with young people, but it really hasn't been that noisy.

They offer plenty of towels at the poolside.

The location here is wonderful. If you aren't going into Nashville, but still want some BBQ, there is a great restaurant called, "Corky'" just around the corner that is really excellent. You can also cut through the business parking lots to get to Publix, Chili's, and a whole plaza just one street up. There are a variety of restaurants and shopping locations along with a couple of playgrounds all within driving distance.

We did a day in downtown Nashville and thought it was a really easy drive in...even with "traffic" it was fine. We are from Boston, so when we hear traffic we think two hour stop and go commute that would normally take 30 min....here, the traffic just means slowing down a bit, but we always moved and there was no stopping.

Downtown is lovely and there are free local bus transits (the blue and green line are most helpful). There is free 2 hour parking down by the farmer's market or you can cross your fingers to get street parking. With my father's advice, we parked at the library for under $10. It's a beautiful library if you are looking for a calm relaxing place. Up on the second level is the children's area, which is extensive and a beautiful patio with benches, chairs, tables, and a fountain.

Back to the hotel. We have used the kitchen to cook a full salmon, green beans, and mashed potato meal and everything came out delicious. There's an ice maker in the freezer and they provide silverware, plates, cups, mugs, pots, and a skillet. There's also a coffee maker, coffee packets, sugar, salt, pepper, and soap packets for the dishwasher.

Aside from the leaky toilet, the water in the shower has great pressure and good temperatures. The water does splash out, so check your liner and make sure it's inside. The soaps and lotions provided were good and they do have a conservation program if you want to re-use your towels or not.

The maid staff and serves are LOVELY. My father speaks spanish and befriended one of the food servers, Rosa. She is 8 months pregnant and such a sweetheart. He was enjoying the free beer at dinner, but it was coming out REALLY frothy (like 1/4 beer and 3/4 froth) so he mentioned it to her and took his frothy beer out to the pool. About 10 minutes later, we saw Rosa coming out to the pool area with two cups of beer and hardly any froth. She had poured two cups and hand cared for them to remove the froth (i.e. pouring them back and forth in a cup). THAT'S amazing customer service.

That's my review thus far.

Room Tip: Rooms facing out will probably hear the train, rooms on the inside will hear pool noise during open...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
BNABT, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Nashville Brentwood, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Hello and thank you for your review. We are glad that you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed our hotel. We hope that you continue to stay with us on your future trips to Nashville.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stayed here 3 nights on a recent trip to be near relatives for a celebratory weekend ... since I arrived rather late in the evening, the room assigned to me was apologetically described as being on one of the halls where new carpet was being installed. What I discovered was that the old carpet in the hall had been pulled up, making the exposed flooring rather rough & conducive to noise, especially when families with children entered or exited (children seemed to think it was appropriate to run up & down the halls?). In addition, there was a yellow caution tape over my door? Inside, I realized that, despite my 3rd floor location, noise from the pool below was very evident. I called the front desk to inquire about some of this, and was reassured that the pool closed at 10 p.m. Over the next couple of days, noise was really not too much of a problem, though if I was in the room in the evening, I could definitely hear people talking in the patio area just below my windows.

Coming & going I did notice that my room was made up & cleaned quite well; however, there appeared to be no effort to clean the hall, as evidenced by several empty candy wrappers dropped in the hall, and never even picked up in the time I was there.

Breakfast was good, but since the hotel was apparently full over the weekend (great location, by the way), the lobby was packed & again, very noisy. Perhaps I was just sensitive to children running around & yelling?

As mentioned above, the location was great: convenient to interstate, and just far removed as t feel like a quiet residential neighborhood; easy access to multiple restaurants, and shopping. I was able to come & go to the family gatherings with no problems.

On Sunday evening when I returned for my last night, noise from the patio was particularly disturbing. When I looked out, I realized that it was coming not from other guests, but from the work crew who had been putting down carpet in the lobby area. At 11:30, I called the front desk to complain --- almost immediately, the workers moved back inside.

Despite what my above remarks may indicate, I can definitely recommend this hotel to other travelers and would stay here again, should I be in the area. When I checked out on Monday morning, the reception desk employee asked about my stay -- I told her about my concerns about the cleanliness of the hall, and the noise (especially the work crew the night before). She immediately apologized, and then told me she would compensate me by reducing my room charges as further apologies. What a gracious, immediate, and unexpected reaction! I had intended to make them aware of the problems, so that they could address them for future reference.

Room Tip: If you value peace & quiet, ask to be away from the pool/patio.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
BNABT, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Nashville Brentwood, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Hello and thank you for your review! I am very sorry by the inconvenience our upgrades caused during your stay; however, when you come see us again everything will be completed. I am very happy to hear that our front desk went the extra mile at the end to make sure you were happy with your stay!

Hope to see you soon!
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

This is a great place to stay in the Brentwood area. Very clean property with excellent staff. Steven (Assistant General Manager) did a wonderful job helping us with this reservation. We were very impressed with this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you Cara for your review! I am glad that I was able to assist you and that you chose to stay with us! Hope you can come visit again! Let me know if you need anything in the future!
La Plata, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We always stay at the Homewood Suites Brentwood when we go to Nashville. The hotel is clean and the staff is friendly. Full hot breakfast and light meal with draft beer Monday -Thursday included with stay. Nice pool area with plenty of lounge chairs to relax and a gas grill is available for guest use. Couldn't believe that we were the only guests at the pool on 2 different days during our stay. Easy commute to Nashville. And most importantly, we feel safe here. Can't wait to go back!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

BNABT, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Nashville Brentwood, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Hello and thank you for your review of our property! It makes me very happy to see excited guest like yourself looking forward to their stay with us! I remember speaking with you last year about staying with us and making sure your travel was taken care of. I am glad that you had a wonderful time and we can't wait to see you again next year!
Franklin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I've had the pleasure of staying at a Homewood Suites by Hilton hotel three times so far. This is the only hotel that I now want to stay at during my travels. I've stayed at the Brentwood, TN location twice within the past month. I definitely got more for my money. Extremely well maintained hotel, friendly and knowledgeable staff, great food, AWESOME bed that allowed me to sleep peacefully instead of tossing and turning, a suite for a price that is less than a standard hotel room at most hotels. When I stayed at this hotel location during the week of May 27, I arrived tired, wet from the rain. I walked up to the check-in area, dropped my purse and then I dropped my umbrella. After a 4 1/2 hour drive, followed by 5 hours of viewing rental properties and talking to rental agents, you can imagine how I felt. I walked in stressed and exhausted, but after checking in and seeing the room i was re-energized. The staff was helpful, patient and welcoming. The room was immaculate, and had updated furnishings. I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your wonderful review! It is our goal and focus to make sure that all of our guests' have the same experience that you had with us! I am very glad that you were able to find us as your home away from home and we look forward to seeing you each time you are in town!

Thank you for staying with us!
Raymond, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

We were very pleased at the amenities at this hotel, cleanliness; the people there were so helpful and friendly. We were pleased with the full breakfast that was included as well as a managers reception with a great hot meal at night. The laundry was good although dryer didn't dry as good as necessary but it wasn't as important as the rest of the experience. We will be back

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Hello and thank you for your review! We hope that you had an amazing experience and we look forward to your return!