“Clean and Convenient” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Nashville/Brentwood

You added Hyatt Place Nashville/Brentwood to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Nashville/Brentwood
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   202 Summit View Drive, Brentwood, TN 37027 (Formerly "AmeriSuties")   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Dinner & Movie Package
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Brentwood
Illinois
“Clean and Convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

Stayed 3 nights during a conference I attended in Nashville and the hotel was clean, well priced and in a great location. The rooms appear to be recently remodeled and there was plenty of space in the rooms, however the bathroom was extremely small - I'm talking tiny.

Other pluses: There are several places very close by to grab a bite to eat. Close to interstate. Friendly staff.

No complaints.

Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Winnipeg, MB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2010

All I can say is WOW....The staff were absolutely unbelievable going the extra mile and anticipating our needs. The rooms were spacious (bathroom was a little small but how much time do you spend in there...lol). A few weights in the fitness centre would be nice.

If you need a place to stay in that area of Nashville take it-I'm in the cusotmer service industry, travel alot and the staff there were the best I have found anywhere in the world.

Stayed April 2010
Lexington, ky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

Hotel seemed brand new. We had a two double bed room with a pullout sofa. Room was huge. We had three people and there was plenty of room for everybody. Six people could easily stay in the room with plenty of space to move around. Room had microwave, sink, coffee pot, and big flat screen tv. Nice free continental breakfast with the option to purchase eggs cooked to order. Hotel is right off I-65 and 10 minutes to downtown Nashville.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

The setup of the room was fantastic and open concept. I really like the bed. The TV is in the perfect spot and is easy to adjust to either watch on the sectional couch or from the bed. The only complaint is that changing channels is a very slow and tedious process. Overall, I love this hotel. The staff is friendly, the room is great, the location is perfect.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

I was doing business in the area for the first time and found a good deal on this property. Rooms are large with flat screen TV's and meeting area. The hotel sits up on a hill looking down on a nice mall area. In the mall is Target and Panera Bread so having dinner/breakfast was great and if I forgot something (like I did) I did not have to hunt all over the town for a store.

I would surely go back again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Memphis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

Just stayed at this hotel Sunday night and checked out on Monday, Labor Day.

Great appearance and great view from our room. Hallways on the main level as well as our floor were barely cool as was the elevator during an average warm Sept. day in this area.

The room was as nice as previous Hyatt Place hotels we've stayed in. The electrical outlet next to the bathroom sink is a mystery, as an earlier guest commented. At least the hotel's hairdryer barely stayed plugged into it, nothing else would. There is nothing in the room about the area, such as brochures, etc. There isn't even a phone book. There is no newspaper rack on the main floor. There is a feeling that you could be in any city and there is no connection to local area at all.

Our experience with the breakfast buffet was a spoiler for our stay. It was Labor Day. We saw on the hotel's TV info. channel that the buffet hours were until 10:00 on holidays as it is on Sat. and Sun. M-F the buffet ends at 9:30. Upon going downstairs at 9:40, we learned that the buffet had ended at 9:30, even though it was a holiday. The attendant seemed not to know or care that the hours were different on holidays and we could only talk them out of bagels. This was not a positive way to end our stay.

The value here is great for the rate we were charged. But, if free, the attitudes would have still made this an unfortunate stay.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Ohio, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2009

I stayed at this hotel on a business trip in April of 2009. This was my first experience with a Hyatt hotel. I booked the reservation on the strong recommendation of a business colleague. I was not disappointed. This was a great hotel.

Price-wise, it was very comparable to most Marriotts. I believe I paid around $120/night for 2 nights. The hotel was very clean and nicely decorated. The parking lot was fairly large with plenty of spaces in front of the hotel. The hotel had a spacious lobby, tasteful artwork scattered along the walls. The floors were a combination of marble/granite and carpet, both kept very clean. The lobby had small "alcoves" with chairs, a table and a flat screen tv on the wall (presumably for informal meetings) The staff was pretty friendly - even though I checked in around 11:00pm the first night. This was refreshing because I often find late-night staff at hotels to be a bit surly.

My room was unexpectedly luxurious. The room was divided into two sections: a living area with a big, comfy couch, a small desk (with internet hookup) and small kitchenette. The other section was a bedroom area with a king sized bed, nightstands and an air conditioning unit on the wall. The room had a large flat screen tv that swiveled so you could watch from either the bed or the couch. For business travelers who like to watch tv while doing work - that's just a simple, nice feature.

The room had the standard coffee pot, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, but this hotel also provided a clean shower robe with complimentary giftbag of frilly soaps, handcream, etc. Not my thing, but it's still a nice touch.

When on business, I never use the pool or sauna. Likewise, I'm not someone who uses room service or ever requests extra "stuff" (like towels, cups, blankets, etc.) - so I cannot comment on those things. However, I did have a question about using the internet and the front desk answered my questions quickly and politely.

The only downside to room: the bathroom. It was among the smallest I have ever seen. Don't get me wrong, small bathrooms are pretty standard in mid-level business hotels. They like to impress you with the "living space" and figure most customers don't care about the size of a bathroom. That's generally true, but good gravy! This was an uncomfortably small room. Without exaggeration, the door BARELY missed the toilet when opening/closing. Other than that, I count this hotel as being among the nicest in which I have ever stayed.

A small word about the location: Forget about using your GPS to find this place. My Tom-Tom was completely confounded by the hotel's location and kept giving me bizarre directions (like telling me to drive down ancient, abandoned dirt roads or old utility roads with huge, locked gates). That being said, once you actually find the place (Hint: It sits atop a gigantic hill off Old Hickory Road) - the view of Nashville from the hotel at night is spectacular. I hightly recommend this hotel and will definitely patronize Hyatt more often.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Nashville/Brentwood? Share your experiences!