“The best BBQ” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Evans, Ga
“The best BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

I have been eating at this restaurant since I was a small child and I would say this is the best BBQ ever. If you like a tomato based sauce and meat that is smoked, than you would like this BBQ restaurant It is always packed and the wait time to eat there can be 45 minutes or more. The place is not fancy, as nothing has changed since it opened , which is over 50 years. They have some very good BBQ beans and their slaw is also very tasty. My family prefers the pork sandwich, but they do have a variety on their menu, if you are in the Tri-City area, you need to make the drive to this place.

Visited December 2013

Gray, Tennessee
“Best BBQ in East Tennessee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Each time I visit Ridgewood, I wonder why I don't visit more often. It's not like it's that far from home. I can drive there in about 30 minutes. Top five baked beans in my lifetime. And, perhaps the best smoked flavor of any barbecued pork. After slicing the meat, they heat it on a flat grill and incorporate the sauce. This gives it a texture and flavor that's both unique and delicious. Split an order of fries. Expect to wait. Expect that parking will be a pain. Count the number of different states' license plates you see on a Saturday night.

Visited December 2013
“Unbelievable bbq!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

If you are within 100 miles of this place you've gotta stop!! The pork and beef sandwiches are phenomenal! Their sauce is a tomato based sauce and is so good that we bought some and brought it back to Colorado! Their fries are homemade and some of the best I've ever had!!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jefferson City, Tennessee
“worst BBQ I EVER EAT”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I had BBQ pork beans fries and slaw.This place must clean up all the bad reviews because there is no way anyone could think this nasty excuse for BBQ was good DONT WASTE YOUR TIME

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
kingsport
“Heavenly BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We have been eating at Ridgewood for thirty years. It is a roadside restaurant so don't expect anything fancy. They have about six booths in the kitchen/grill area and twelve other tables on either side of the restaurant. When it is busy(which is most of the time) it can get crowded. I've never been able to make it for lunch but if you go for supper make sure you get there early and get in line. It opens at 4:30 and people will start lining up at 3:45. I've had BBQ in Memphis, various parts in NC, SC, and Georgia. You can find good BBQ just about anywhere but if you are looking for the best try Ridgewood. My wife and I get the same thing just about every time we go. We start with a salad. I know it is a BBQ joint so what's up with a salad. The salad itself is nothing special but if you like blue cheese dressing Ridgewood makes some really awesome blue cheese dressing. In fact, you can order a bowl of blue cheese dressing which is served with crackers. Oh yeah, the salad is big enough to split. The rest of the meal consists of a Pork BBQ sandwich(with slaw on the sandwich), baked beans, and french fries(we split these because it is a large portion). The beans are fantastic. The french fries are hand cut from fresh potatoes and cooked to order. Now that we are a little older we sometimes split the BBQ sandwich. It is a big sandwich. The only other item I have eaten at Ridgewood is the burger and it was very good. Oh yeah, the sweet tea is also very good.

• Visited July 2013