“Party Palace” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Bartlett
lexington
“Party Palace”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2008

First of all the clerk was sweet and was told to do as she was told. No fault of her own. She was a sweet and pleasant lady. The party began @ 1 am doors slamming kid screaming more noise than an airplane landing at intervals of 3 minutes apart.
AVOID this place.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Leaving
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
San Antonio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2008

I had stayed here back in early 2007 but had a bad experience. I only came back here because my pappy passed on. When I checked in, the new GM was very courteous and checked me in personally right away. The staff was polite during my 28 day stay. Housekeeping is only done once a week but the very polite folks at the front desk let me swap my towels out whenever I needed to. The price is cheap, and this is only a two star hotel, but the new management has really righted the ship. I will continue to stay here in the future every time I'm in Memphis. Memphis is known for its crime but Bartlett is safe and this hotel is the safest I've seen. Even the security guard after hours was polite enough to change my towels for me. Definitely recommend to those on a cheap budget that want a safe, clean hotel with a great, courteous staff!

• Liked — Pleasant staff
  • Disliked — 15 mins from downtown Memphis
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2008

Where do I start? I booked this hotel through Priceline requesting a two star level hotel, to be close to my son’s basketball teams' hotel. A two star level was the only star level available in this area. We traveled eleven hours by highway to attend the AAU National Basketball tournament. My husband and I knew we were in trouble the moment we stepped into the lobby, to be met by an attendant with a baby on her hip. We thought O.K. maybe it will get better. As we proceeded to our room on the third floor, we noticed how dirty the concrete was beneath our feet. We have never seen such stained and filthy concrete. Once we reached the room, things went from bad to worse. There was a huge cobweb that encompassed the left upper corner of the door. We thought no way! At this point we knew this was not a place for us. However, like brave people we are- we attempted to proceed into the hotel room, to find that the key card would not unlock the door. We go back down to the lobby. There is now a man attending. He states that the young lady didn’t hit the check-in button on the computer. Off we go again, to find that the key card still didn’t work. We proceeded back down to the lobby. The male attendant summons the maintenance man and tells him “To get them into the room any way possible.” Let me tell you, the maintenance man got us into the room and it was not with the key card. I will not go into detail of what he did because my review might not be published. The maintenance man then suggested to my husband that we do the same if we needed to leave and reenter the room. The room also had cobwebs in the corners of the room, a ladybug crawling on the ceiling, and hair on the bathroom floor. Needless to say, we checked out right away.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — room was not clean and the door key didn't work
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Longview TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2008

This room was obviously not prepared for guests. Tub and kitchen sink were dirty. No towels, no soap, no shampoo, no ice, frige not on, no drain plugs in tub, no pillow cases, top sheet on queen bed was only full size; listed as non-smoking room, but ashtrays were everywhere.

The stove burners were missing. The kitchen cabinet door was leaning against the wall. The TV remote was not working.

No one answered Operator when we called to request towels, pillow cases. Walked down to office; sign on door says "Back in 20 minutes." Walked back to room and called again. Desk said to come back down and pick up what we needed.

We complained that night, were given towels and toiletries.
We complained the next morning (at check-out) and asked to have the room comped - and they did. They also asked for a list of the things wrong to use as a training tool for housekeeping.

I usually don't write negative reviews (check other hotel reviews by me to confirm) but this hotel deserved it. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed May 2008
San Antonio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2008

The rates are cheap( about $40 a night) but you get little more than a thin, lumpy mattress and pillow for your money. The room is quite small and includes a tiny kitchen area with mini-fridge, small microwave, two burner stove top and sink. The suburban neighborhood is nice but you're thirty minutes from most Memphis attractions. We couldn't even get a full complement of towels. Linens are not changed and rooms are not cleaned for up to a week. Staff is not helpful. We asked for a telephone book ( there are none in the rooms) but never got it. Memphis is a great place to visit and next time I'll stay elsewhere.

• Liked — pleasant suburban neighborhood
  • Disliked — amenities -- there were none
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2008

I suppose the rates here are cheap, but I thought $63 for the room we had was ridiculous. The building is long with stairwells only at the ends. Good for exercise, maybe? Our room had grime on the walls and a bathroom that really needed a good cleaning. The "stovetop" in the kitchen area was angled interestingly and would have worried me to use. There were huge stains on the bedding and the "pillows" were the flattest I've ever seen at a hotel.

The bed was uncomfortable, and combined with basically no pillow, made for a lousy night's sleep. The temperature unit was situated under the window in such a way that the curtains were blown completely out when it was blowing. Oh, and bring your own hair dryer - they won't provide you with one!

I wouldn't stay here again, period. I could have paid a few dollars more and had a nice room at the Best Western in town. I suppose the best I can say about this place is that it's cheap, but I even in that regard, I wouldn't say it is inexpensive, all points considered.

• Liked — It wasn't on a highway with traffic noise - can't think of anything else.
  • Disliked — Pretty much everything.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Greenville, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2008

I stayed here w/ a friend for a girls' weekend getaway. The hotel is situated just a mile or so from the main drag--Germantown Parkway and all the restaurants and shopping.

The outside of the hotel is well kept up and the manager (or whoever the guy at the front desk was) was friendly and helpful. He honored the online rate I'd found (though I didn't book online ahead of time) of $50/night for a nonsmiking room w/ two queen beds (that rate was w/ a government discount).

The room itself was small, but fine for us since we only intended to sleep there and so needed only clean beds and a decent bathroom for the next morning.

The room was equipped w/ a "small" full-sized refrigerator, a microwave, a small cooktop, a small kitchen sink, a cabinet w/ two each of full-sized plates, salad plates, bowls, coffee mugs, drinking glasses and juice/high ball glasses. There was small table (can't remember how many chairs it had) and a good-sized TV. There was also a decent size closet.

The room was clean, as was the bathroom--though there was no vanity area--just a stand alone sink w/ a small medicine cabinet type mirror and a metal shelf below it. Had I been staying there for an extended period . . . or had there been more than the two of us, it might have mattered. As it was, it didn't.

The hotel was quiet at night, the beds were comfortable and we got a good night's sleep.

Like I said--for our purposes, it was a great value for the money.

Stayed January 2008

Been to Suburban Extended Stay Bartlett? Share your experiences!