“Great price if you need to stay for a week” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Bartlett
Stowe, Pennsylvania
“Great price if you need to stay for a week”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

It is what it is. The rooms are very small if there are more than 2 people in them, but the 4 of us stayed for almost 2 weeks for less than 1/2 the price somewhere else. The room was clean. The stove, sink, microwave, and refrigerator worked so we didn't have to eat out every meal - saved us more money.
Housekeeping is only once a week, unless you want to pay extra, but they did a good job.
The concrete is the dirtiest, we had to wash the kids feet every time they came in the room, and the shower floor got black footprints that wouldn't come off. Don't know what that dirt was.
It was quieter than I expected, and nothing was stolen, car wasn't broken into - which is saying a lot for Memphis.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

25 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010 via mobile

The rooms are extremely small. It's very small for an extended stay. If you are claustraphobic, this would not be a hotel for you. First of all, I asked for a cart so I could take my things to the 3rd floor. They don't have one. Now I just out of my apt so I have a lot of things. I had to carry all my things 1 by 1 to my room. They did have an elevator but after a few trips back and forth from my car to the room, the power went out. So I had to use the stairs which is located all the way on the opposite side of the building. The room had a very small kitchen area with a mini fridge, mini microwave, and mini sink. There was no tub, only a shower. It has a window AC/heat unit. The pillows were very flat. The bed was not comfortable. It did have a lot of cable channels which I loved. Housekeeping only comes once a week. You have to go all the way to the office to get a change of towels. The staff was nice. Overall the stay was average.

• Stayed November 2010
Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

I read some of the other reviews, and am shocked at the negativity. I only imagine the hotel received these reviews and have since made a better effort. We stayed one night in May 2009 during a spur of the moment trip to Memphis. For the price, we found it to be excellent. Our room was very clean, the outside seemed well maintained. Remember this is an extended stay motel so it does have an apartment feel outside. The room was a good size, bathroom was very clean and well stocked. I hope you give this place a shot, we would definately stay there again. The area was nice too, I felt safe there and you can also bring pets here.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2009

This place is horrible. I'm sitting here now typing this out because it is so bad. Got the room on Priceline (shame on priceline for calling this a 2 star motel) - it is a NO star! Room is filthy, smells like cheap cigars, has bugs, stains, UGHH!! I don't have any faith using priceline for a 2 star hotel anymore - at least not in Memphis. I'm embarassed to be staying at this place - NEVER AGAIN!! Please, do yourself a favor - don't stay here!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
memphis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2008

We had nothing but problems with the Suburban Lodge/ Suburban Extended Stay. First I was charged for a room that I tried to cancel; and when calling Choice Hotels customer service line, I was told that there was nothing they could do but file a formal complaint because they own the building and not the business itself. We were lied to over and over about our rate- a breach of verbal contract over and over again. The room was never cleaned weekly. We were told that we could get a cart and clean the room ourself. If we wanted towels or anything else we had to go to the office and get it. (The office being closed from 11pm to 7am.) Upon leaving and requesting an overpaid balance, the General Manager told my husband to leave immediately or he'd kick his [--]. We didn't get a checkout receipt, and didn't get back the money we were told that we would get back.

Upon trying to settle the first dispute, we found out that the company that owns the business has several civil lawsuits against it.

Don't reserve a room online. Don't reserve a room over the phone. It used to be a really nice place to stay, but now you will get screwed, and possibly threatened.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Not customer oriented. The GM was more concerned about his bottom line than customer satisfaction.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
lexington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2008

First of all the clerk was sweet and was told to do as she was told. No fault of her own. She was a sweet and pleasant lady. The party began @ 1 am doors slamming kid screaming more noise than an airplane landing at intervals of 3 minutes apart.
AVOID this place.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Leaving
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Antonio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2008

I had stayed here back in early 2007 but had a bad experience. I only came back here because my pappy passed on. When I checked in, the new GM was very courteous and checked me in personally right away. The staff was polite during my 28 day stay. Housekeeping is only done once a week but the very polite folks at the front desk let me swap my towels out whenever I needed to. The price is cheap, and this is only a two star hotel, but the new management has really righted the ship. I will continue to stay here in the future every time I'm in Memphis. Memphis is known for its crime but Bartlett is safe and this hotel is the safest I've seen. Even the security guard after hours was polite enough to change my towels for me. Definitely recommend to those on a cheap budget that want a safe, clean hotel with a great, courteous staff!

• Liked — Pleasant staff
  • Disliked — 15 mins from downtown Memphis
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Suburban Extended Stay Bartlett? Share your experiences!