“Need wheelchair service to car...” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 72 Restaurants in Bartlett
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Mid-South
“Need wheelchair service to car...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have eaten here about a dozen times since they've opened, so my opinion will not strictly be about my first or last time visit here which many people will do. How staff, quality of food, and menu changes over time is nice to take into consideration.

Staff - front of the house: I have always been welcomed warmly and waited on with an appropriate level of attentiveness at the table. Actually, for a buffet restaurant, I have received better than average attentiveness (my glass never goes empty). There may be a slight wait at the front if the hostess is sitting other patrons, but a line never backs up waiting. The staff recognizes me as a returning customer and they spend a little more effort in making me feel welcomed back. I rarely receive the same waitress, but they each have a high level of customer service skills and it’s not unusual to be visited by a waitress from another section that recognizes me. I’ve observed the interaction of the staff with other customers and see that they are consistent in service.

Staff – back of the house: For most restaurants the customers do not get to interact with the kitchen. As this is a buffet and the food preparation is immediately on the other side of the line, the staff is easily accessible. In some cases Eat Well offers certain types of food prepared fresh and by order only. In these cases you can ask the chef directly. And since the line includes sushi, there is always someone preparing fresh rolls as this is a very popular stop on the line. I’ve asked for items not on the buffet and they have been more than happy to oblige. I try not to abuse this privilege as I know during peak times they are working on keeping the buffet stocked with newly cooked food.

Food: They have a broad range of Asian cuisine from different regions and not just supplying standard Japanese fare. Different styles of cooking are evident (not everything is fried) so it’s nice to explore different flavors and textures. Each time I have visited I have found something on the buffet I haven’t had here before. All courses are pretty much covered as they have soups, a basic (but decent) salad bar, large buffet line that includes an area dedicated to sushi, fruit, desserts, and ice cream. They have plenty of peel ‘em shrimp and fresh oysters at the line and there always seems to be someone scooping these up when I approach the area. What comes as a nice touch is the large number of Asian condiments to compliment the dishes. Definitely not your standard choice between sweet & sour or soy sauce! I prefer to eat with chop sticks, so all I have to do is ask and they are happy to provide them. I am guessing most folks use the silverware, which is fine.

Drink: I generally order the green tea, but they have a sufficiently stocked bar with beer, wine and the hard stuff. I notice that they have two large temperature controlled wine cabinets upon entry as well as what they have at the bar. Also at the bar is a list of what appears to be specialty mixed drinks that I haven’t seen elsewhere (one is called a French Kiss if I remember correctly – sorry I don’t know the ingredients).

Dining area: There is a nice Asian style to the décor without being cheesy as many Asian restaurants are. It’s what I would call upper-middle class…better than average for sure. I like the dimmed lighting as it sets a nice mood and allows the lit fish tanks to stand out better. The floor is spacious and I never feel like I am cramped, nor do I have to walk sideways to get between tables on the way to the buffet. That’s really nice. The entire restaurant appears to be clean and well kept. The men’s bathroom is above average in cleanliness (this is coming from a germaphobe). I’ve never thought of asking other’s at my table the condition of the women’s restroom as typically they are nicer no matter where you go.

Parking: Ample.

Prices: As prices are subject to change, I hate to put their prices on here, but based on my last visit (May 2013) here is what I found:

Soft drinks with free refills $1.99 (age 10 & up)

Lunch Weekday

------Child 2-5 is $6.00 & 6-11 is $8.00

Dinner
------Adult is $21.88
------Child 2-5 is $6.00 & 6-11 is $8.00

Seeing how I will spend over $25 for dinner at any of my regular restaurants (appetizer, non-alcoholic drink, and entrée), and the fact I don’t get to choose my portion size or ratio of protein to vegetable to dessert, I’d say I get a very good value for the money at Eat Well. Try going to a decent sushi restaurant and eating all you want at their à la carte prices and see how much it costs. My oldest son wrecks my monthly budget just for one visit to another sushi restaurant. So overall, I get a great value at lunch and a very good one for dinner.

• Visited May 2013

Memphis, Tennessee
“Finally, a Buffet I like”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My family loves buffets. I dont. Unless I'm at the casino then I'm still a skeptic. This was perfect. The Sushi bar was to die if you are a sushi lover you get the best of both worlds. those of you who never tried Sushi should go and experiment. No food is sitting on the steam table for long the fix very small amounts right there in front of you. If they run out they cook some more. They have everything from primerib, to fried or grilled squid plus a dessert bar that can use a little work all and all worth the money.

• Visited February 2013
Mississippi
“Go for lunch for best deal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

If you are wanting a good deal on sushi, etc. fresh and hot go on a weekday at lunch. You can eat all you want for around $11.00. It's well worth the varity of what you'll get.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta
“Food ok, not worth the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The food was OK, buffet style Japanese. Very clean and OK service, but very pricey for a buffet. Lunch is cheaper than dinner and the strip center its in is practically vacant.

Visited April 2013
Colt
“Best Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Very clean. Very Delicious!!! Food is cooked fresh on the back side of the buffet and served fresh and hot. The fried green tomatoes and sweet potatoes are the best you can find anywhere! The fried rice and the steak on the buffet will melt in your mouth! This is the BEST place to eat in the whole world! It is very affordable at lunch time. I just wish I lived closer, I'd eat here at least once a week.

• Visited March 2013