I know reading long reviews isn't fun, so I'll start with pros/cons.
1. Cheap room (69.00 for a Saturday night by getting 10.00 off when joining their players club thing).
2. Newer hotel so the room was clean and fresh smelling.
3. Central air and heat instead of those window / floor units.
4. Decent pressure in shower.
5. A safe was in the room for valuables.
6. Small refrigerator in room.
7. Casino was nice - poker room not smoky at all.
8. Staff was very friendly (front desk and casino workers)
1. Air vent in room blew right on the bed.
2. Firm bed and firm pillows (needed to be pillowtop)
3. Deli - breakfast food wasn't all that good, but cheap with coupons from joining players club.
4. Noise from adjoining rooms (showers, etc.) - common in many hotels though so not a huge deal.
Recommended: YES. I would definitely stay here again.
I stayed here one Saturday night with my girlfriend while we were visiting her parents. This hotel/casino is pretty much in the middle of nowhere (about 5 miles north of the city). It's a newer hotel (less than a year old when we stayed) and it was clean. The room was pretty much a standard hotel room. The only thing I would have liked to have seen was pillowtop mattresses. We stayed in a Standard King-Bed Non-Smoking Room. Since this was a newer hotel, I figured they would have pillowtop beds at least. No huge deal though, it was still comfortable to sleep in. It has central air/heat which was nice, but the vent blew right on the bed. In the morning, we ate at the deli. The food there wasn't all that great, but it was cheap. I remember hearing noises from the other rooms (showers, etc.) in the morning so we couldn't sleep in, but we did sleep through the night. If you sign up for their players card, you get 10.00 off your stay, which made our 1 night (Saturday even) at a whopping 69.00 + tax. This hotel was easily worth that. I would have paid 99.00 for it. The casino was nice too. Not a big casino, but it had plenty of blackjack tables; and the poker room was offset just enough from the rest of the casino that smoke wasn't an issue in it.
- Also Known As:
- Dakota Sioux Casino And Hotel
- Dakota Sioux Hotel Watertown