“No frills here -- just a nice, clean, basic room” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Watertown

You added Econo Lodge Watertown to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Watertown
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   920 14th St SE, Watertown, SD 57201 (Formerly Travelers Inn Motel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Watertown
Oregon
“No frills here -- just a nice, clean, basic room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

Nice clean very basic room with a queen bed, easy chair, TV, and a small dining table and chair. Furnishings were a little worn, but still comfortable. There was free wi-fi internet access; however, there were no amenities like in-room coffee maker or microwave or refrigerator (which we have been finding at other motels in this price range in our travels) but these were available in a little coffee room in the main lobby. In the morning, there were coffee and hot chocolate, donut holes and fruit, cereals, toast and muffins. The front desk staff were very nice. We would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

courtenay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

We enjoyed our stay at the Travelers Inn. The location was great since it was close to many stores, resteraunts, and the mall. The room was clean. The service was good as well as the continental breakfast. The price was very affordable and we can't wait to come back again. The only negative complaint I have is the lack of parking space available when you get in late.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2009

I recently went to Watertown for an auction and I used Tripadvisor for my recommendations. We stayed at the #1 hotel and ate at the #1 restaurant. Hmmm...this is a very small town and I don't think that many people go there. This hotel was o.k. It was not smelly or dirty. The beds were firm but not bricks...the pillows were lumpy but I brought my own. The walls were a little thin and they allow dogs which you will be possibly treated to barking. The price was great and they offered a continental breakfast of juice and pastries or english muffins...bananas and hard boiled eggs. The room was spacious enough and the bathroom was tiny. No hairdryer, fridge, or bathroom accessories like lotion and shampoo. This is a no frills place with great prices, otherwise I don't have much to comment on. After staying at many 4 and 5 star resorts I had to giggle that people were rating this as 5 stars, I guess you would need to know what else there is in town to compare it to. I have never stayed anywhere else in this town or have ever been there before. If you are looking for an easy stop-over with good prices and friendly service then this place would be good for you. Oh, don't forget free WiFi! That was definitely a plus.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

My sister, two brothers, my husband and myself stayed here for three nights while in town celebrating my Mother's birthday. We all liked our rooms, especially the suite my husband and I booked on the second floor. The outer room with a couch and two chairs gave us a nice place to gather without someone having to sit on a bed. The staff is just as friendly as can be and quick to help you with any problems, like when you forget your key, your husband is not there, you get the idea. There is only one negative and it is not a big deal. There is no elevator, just a set of wooden stairs in the lobby and if you have elderly friends or relatives who want to visit your second floor, this could be a problem.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
sioux falls sd
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2009

I stay in Watertown about 5 times a month due to business and I have always stayed at the chain hotels. On my last visit my usual hotels were full and they recommended the Travelers Inn. I was completetly surprised by this motel. It was completely updated and very clean. It was in better condition than most of the other hotels I stay at. The staff were very friendly. I will be staying at this hotel on every visit from now on.

Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Been to Econo Lodge Watertown? Share your experiences!