“Unaccomodating , unconcerned, poor cust. Service- don't stay here if walking or hauling luggage will be an issue for you” 2 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Plains Motel

Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #4 of 11 hotels in Wall
Annapolis, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We arrived in the late afternoon to check in. we had several issues to deal with and ask for a first floor room. We were flatly told no. When we ask about so few cars in the lot, she responded-all rooms are already reserved. well ours was too- guaranteed. We asked can you change w/ another-flatly. No. so we had to drag numerous large bags up 2 landings of stairs (there was no elevator in sight) and then then was an additional steep ramp to get to our 2nd floor floor. Wow, it was painful. she never said "let me see what I can do, etc. Did i mention the parking lot was almost empty?! Over the next several hours, we saw many cars drive in from the highway, and get 1st floor drive up rooms. Very annoying. Apparently this Best Western has no concern for customer service; and BTW, the room carpets were sticky.

• Stayed July 2013
bwplains, Owner at BEST WESTERN Plains Motel, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
I am very sorry that our front desk clerks did not treat you with better care. The situation will be addressed immediately as we do CARE and hope that the rest of your vacagtion went better. Please give Best Western another try as this was hopefully a one time incident.

Once again my apologies to you.

173 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for the night on our way to Rapid City for a family wedding. When we arrived at the hotel, I noticed there were a lot of cars. This is usually a good sign. We checked in and were told our room was on the 2nd floor and there was no elevator. I have a medical condition with my lungs, which makes it very difficult to climb stairs. I asked if we could get a room on the 1st floor. I was cut off before I was able to explain the reason, and was told no. The room entrances are all exterior, so you face the parking lot when you step out of your room. It was very difficult to get my two heavy suitcases up to the 2nd floor, but I managed to do it. One of the suitcases contained medical equipment, so it was the heavier of the two.

This is an older hotel, but it should be noted that everything has been maintained very well. I spend over 30 nights per year in hotels, so I have seen many of them. The hotel is clean. The beds were extra firm and comfortable, but unfortunately smelled like pee. I reported this to the front desk the next morning, and they said they would look into it.

I would stay at this hotel again and would recommend it. I would take steps to ensure that I was on the 1st floor the next time (I would have done that this time, but it has been many years since I stayed at a hotel that did not have an elevator)

Room Tip: No elevator
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
bwplains, Manager at BEST WESTERN Plains Motel, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
I apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced at our motel. I feel my desk clerks may have got too short with you on obtaining a ground floor room. Ground floor rooms always are the first to go unfortunatley. I will make sure and let my help know that we must try our best to help those in special need of something. We are glad you did enjoy your stay for the most part and we hope to get another chance to serve you again. Thank you for taking the time to write us and let us know what we need to improve on.

Valparaiso, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very close to Wall Drug between the Badlands and Mount Rushmore. Very clean, nice size rooms. Staff very friendly. There is an indoor and outdoor pool as well as a hot tub. All were above my expectations. Nice breakfast choices. All of this for $100 a nice. A great value and very comfortable. I highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2013
bwplains, Manager at BEST WESTERN Plains Motel, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for your comments from your stay with us at our property in Wall. We enjoy all comments good or bad and hope we get to see you again sometime.

Let your firends know about Wall..we are a great small town.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Stayed here 2 nights with my husband and two teens. We had reservations. The staff was friendly. The pools (indoor and outdoor) were clean and our kids enjoyed swimming. The breakfast area was clean and offered some nice choices in the morning. The room was clean. We had a 2 queen room. The bathroom consisted of a sink outside the shower/tub/toilet room. It was clean as well with nice towels. The hotel was close to restaurants and was within walking distance of downtown Wall. The room itself was very small. The 2 beds, dresser, table and chairs did not leave a lot of room for anything else. However, we were not in the room much as we were exploring Wall and the Badlands. I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
bwplains, Manager at BEST WESTERN Plains Motel, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you for your kind words after your stay with us at out motel. We appreciate you taking the time to do this and letting my staff know they are doing a great job.

We use all comments to help better our service to you and all customers. Thanks again

Wall,SD 57790
Palmyra, Wisconsin, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Took the family on a vacation to the various sites of South Dakota. Stayed at this motel on the way to the Black Hills and again on the way home. Nice location and friendly staff. Good breakfast. Pool was clean.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwplains, Manager at BEST WESTERN Plains Motel, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you for your great response to our survey. We apprecaite all comments good and bad to let us know how we are doing.
We hope you had a great vacation and get a chance to come see us again soon.

Jackie
Manager
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was a very nice experience. It was probably one of the best Best Western's we've stayed in. The room was immaculate! While this is an older motel, the management has kept it updated and in excellent condition. The bathroom was spotless, something that often is not the case! The continental breakfast was nice, although the seating was very limited. The staff was very nice, too. We met some really nice folks at breakfast from all over the country, which was fun. I highly recomment this motel if traveling in this area. Kind of skimpy on senior discount, but still recommend it.

Room Tip: Lower king was very spacious.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
bwplains, Manager at BEST WESTERN Plains Motel, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Thank you for your comments on your stay with us at our property in Wall, SD.
We appreciate all comments good and bad. We use them to help us better everyones experience. We hope to see you again sometime.

Clarksville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Check-in was smooth because of friendly staff. We checked in early & were glad we did. The place was full the next morning. The room was nice -downstairs (there's no elevator up to the second floor). Comfortable and the A/C was good. We had a table and two chairs, big screen TV and a comfortable bed. What more can you ask for an overnight? Breakfast the next morning was good. The area was clean and well maintained. Check-out just as smooth as check-in.

Room Tip: Get a downstairs room unless you don't mind carrying luggage up to the second floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
bwplains, Manager at BEST WESTERN Plains Motel, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your stay in Wall. We hope you come and visit us again sometime and tell your fiends about Wall.

Jackie Heathershaw.
Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN Plains Motel? Share your experiences!