“charming!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ann's Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wall
Ann's Motel
You added Ann's Motel to your Saves list
114 4th Avenue, Wall, SD 57790   |
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Wall
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“charming!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I planned a stay in Wall during my end-to-end driving vacation of South Dakota, but I hadn't necessarily picked a place. I stumbled onto Ann's and was absolutely thrilled. Delightful owner, gracious accommodations, fabulous location (easy on/off to I90, easy walking distance to all that Wall has to offer). The best part was finding out that the adorable cabin-style rooms were the same price as a regular room. Speaking of the cabins, they are completely separated from each other and the main hotel so there is no noise from other guests, ice makers, soda machines, etc. AND - I could park my car practically on the front porch. I cannot say enough about how much I loved staying there. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: get a cabin - set away from all the hubbub, very private but not stuck in some weird remote section...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Glendale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Ann's has a big country lobby to check in. She is very nice and answers questions. Later she had family in to chat, very warm feeling. There is a mini shelf with books for the taking. She said their library had surplus and places took them to share. How nice is that. The room was basic, enough space, 'fridge and microwave, and clean. Everything works, which can't always be said. No close outlet plug reached to bed, but the tabletop was fine. Two block walk to the famous Wall Drug. These kind of places are much more memorable and make a trip a journey, rather then just another bed to stop.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Monument, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

You cannot beat Ann's for location and value in Wall. There are several chain motels in Wall, but Ann's beats them for value, location and service. There is a gift shop on premise and the property is within walking distance (a block) to Wall Drug Store.

I have stayed at Ann's several times through the past decade when in Wall on business. Though the building is older, as are most motels in Wall, they keep the facility updated.

Usually I get to Wall late, but my key is always waiting and available even after hours. If you are planning on going to Wall Drug or to other businesses nearby, you don't have to worry about parking. You already have a great spot that is safer than the public lots.

Room Tip: Get a room upstairs on the east side.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We were looking for somewhere to stay between visits to Deadwood and the Badlands when we came upon this quaint little motel. The location is perfect - just one block away from the main street. The price was unbelievable (half the cost of what we paid in Deadwood!) Brand new king size bed - refrigerator, microwave, flat screen tv. etc. etc. Most of all - scrupulously clean. Ann made us feel very welcome and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Wall Drug!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Had to stop for the night in Wall due to bad weather, and chose Ann's per reviews.
Best location to downtown for sure.
No problem checking in, she even took cash, and didnt demand a CC!
Then it SNOWED! For 3 nights!
Everyone got buried in very deep snow! Like 2 to 4 ft, and 8 ft drifts!
Then the power went out!
There was nothing open in town, no gas, no food, no water!
Ann showed up somehow in the morning, with her husband and a killer 4x4 backhoe! He must have plowed her a road in.
She brought hot food for everyone, and didnt want to accept $$ from anyone till Blizzard was over....
I made her take my $50 a night, for the next 3 nights.
Her husband is an ace backhoe operator, and had us all dug out pronto...
He dug out the other motels to, but we were first!
She gave us access to the laundry room, and said take whaterver you need, as in towels TP, etc...
Very nice people!
Didnt chat much with them, but left there feeling like we had left good friends, or family!
The place is cleannnnn!
And quiet, and only $50 ish a night..
Beds were great, and showers were by far the best of any we had in over a months vacation...
Flat screen TVs and microwave, fridge...
Cant say enough about the place!
Thank you Ann...
Bill and Michell,
Room # 16

• Stayed October 2013
texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Touring South Dakota due to flooding in Colorado, on our way to the Badlands, we stopped in Wall, SD. Quite little town with a hugh Drug Store. Upon arriving, we checked out the town and noticed a small quaint hotel near the Drug Store, Stopped in and asked did they have an vacancy, greeted by lady that was very nice. I was shocked at the rate of the room, $55.00 for a double, i thought to myself what did i get myself into. The room was very clean with two
double beds, flat screen TV, coffee pot, tub and shower. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, Its what little towns are made up of, A nice suprize.

Room Tip: Great location near Wall Drug STore.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I have stayed at Ann's Motel recently and also 9 years ago. Both times I was impressed with the service and the accomodations. Ann herself is a delight. And it is such a short walking distance to "Wall Drug". I would stay there again if I ever get back to the area! Her rates are excellent for someone on a budget.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Ann's Motel? Share your experiences!