“Enjoyable atmosphere and great food.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 8 Restaurants in Wall
Cuisines: American, Italian, Mexican, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Late Night
Description: We would like to announce that we are under new management for the 2014 season!!! The friendly folks at the Cactus Cafe are waiting to serve you Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Our menus offer a large selection of meals: Steaks, Mexican, Italian, Seafood, Specialty Sandwiches and much, much more.We are one of Wall's finest family restaurants. Famous for homemade pancakes, lunch specials, salad bar, pies, broiled steaks (we age and cut all our meat using only USDA Certified Angus Beef), Mexican specialties, Homemade pizza. We feature a lunch and dinner buffet June through September that includes soup, fruit and salad bar with all you can eat homemade salads and soup. We also have a KId's menu. Kids dinners are served with small soft drink or milk. Parties and banquet facilities available.Enjoy a cocktail in our full service lounge. Try your luck on our Slot, Poker and Keno Video Lottery machines.Our service will be quick, courteous and always with a smile. Large groups always welcome.
Mapleton, Iowa
“Enjoyable atmosphere and great food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Nice place with plenty of seating. We ordered off the menu, but they also have a pizza and pasta buffet. The food came quickly and was very tasty. Our waiter was very pleasant and attentive. This is the only place I have ever been that the waiter stayed and asked if my husbands steak was cooked to his liking. Thanks for the great meal!

Visited July 2014

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Worst place we ever ate at”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

The service was terrible and the food was worse. Don't eat here, go somewhere else. They finally sat us then it took forever to get a server so we could order. Server was rude and never checked on us. Had to get up and get my own silverware for the whole table because server couldn't be bothered to help. She stood there and watched me not once asking if we needed anything. No refills on drinks. For charged for food items we never received. My advice, don't go

Long Island, NY
“Even The Flies Were Below Average!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Taking one look inside Wall Drug Store, my wife and I stepped outside to see what other lunch options might be available. We decided to try the Cactus Café & Lounge located across the street.

I have long since learned not to "blame the messenger." In this instance I'm referring to our server, Ray. She is a delightful person and very professional. It's unfortunate the food isn't of the same quality. I had their Mexican Combination Platter: beef burrito (pretty bad), chicken taco (so-so) and cheese somethingorother which was far too tasteless to properly categorize. My wife ordered the Chipotle Chicken Salad. It wasn't anything she'd care to re-experience.

A couple of flies kept invading our personal space. They were determined but would have been no match for any New York born-and-bred fly. I had nothing to swat them with, and the other tables seemed as resigned as myself to merely brush them away with a wave of the hand. And with a similar wave of my hand, I bid a not-overly-fond farewell to the Cactus Café & Lounge.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Horrible food.Not worth the prices.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Bland, no taste. The food was so bad, no flavor, no nothing and pricey. I was hungry when I left, staff were slow, we never got silverware stile it from another table so we could eat our food. So disappointed in the meal, can't believe they charged what they did.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Des Moines, Iowa
“Nice staff, decent food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

There are very few choices for food in Wall. The reviews I read made us hesitant to try this place, but with limited options we decided to give it a go. The staff was very pleasant, we were greeted and given a table right away. The food options were kind of a wired mix, you had burgers and country fried steak mixed with pasta and burritos. There was also a salad bar and buffet. The buffet was basic, pizza, chicken and pasta it looked pretty average so no one in our group tried it. A few of us had the salad bar, it was nothing special, but overall pretty good. Our table tried a little bit of everything from the pasta, to soft shell tacos, to pasta and chicken fried steak. Besides the pasta being a little cold, the food was pretty good. The best way to describe it, is the food us pretty good, but I will never be thinking I can't wait to get back to Wall to eat "X" at the Cactus Cafe.

Visited July 2014