“Vegan Friendly Place in Cattle Country” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jambonz Grill & Pub

Jambonz Grill & Pub
2214 Junction Ave, Sturgis, SD 57785 (Formerly Jambonz)
+1 605-561-1100
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 33 Restaurants in Sturgis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We are a Full Service Restaurant. We serve breakfast all day as well. Convenient Drive through window. Espresso Drinks, Ice Cream (16 flavors), Beer & Wine. Great Atmosphere! Outdoor Seating. Owner is from Louisiana and occasionally serves Authentic Cajun Cuisine. Gumbo & Red Beans & Rice Served Daily. Friday Nights We Feature Our Soul Food Buffet. Home Made Soups Daily Are A Local Favorite!
Westminster, California
“Vegan Friendly Place in Cattle Country”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

The menu has a grilled portobello mushroom and asparagus sandwich on it. The restaurant was very flexible and gave me these grilled vegetables over a baked potato. It was great. My husband had a French dip sandwich which was huge. Prices were very reasonable. Decor was cute. The waitress was very friendly.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

North Carolina
“Overall, just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We went to Jambonz after reading so many favorable reviews on TripAdvisor. Unfortunately, our experience did not meet expectations. While one of the orders was good and hot (steak tips), the other order of salmon included cold mashed potatoes. When sent back, the mashed potatoes returned hot but very dry - definitely inedible. While the waitress was prompt and attentive with service, she didn't seem to understand the difference between customer service and customer experience. Her feedback was to tell me she tasted the potatoes the second time and agreed they were dry. We were done with our meal by that time, so I was not interested in waiting on another replacement side. No offer to take anything off the bill or compensate me for inedible food. There didn't seem to be a manager anywhere around. My expectation is for a manager to make it right if the waitress can't.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
sheree s, Owner at Jambonz Grill & Pub, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear, Overall, Just ok, First of all, I am so sorry about you're experience at Jambonz. We take pride in our food and definitely in our home-made garlic mashed potatoes! I am truly sorry for your experience and would love a chance to make it up to you. I am sorry for the way my server addressed the situation and she understands now how to handle things of this nature. Thank you for your review, as I would have never known of this situation. I hope you will return to Jambonz and give us another chance!
Sturgis, South Dakota
“mothers day”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

went there for mothers day buffet, I was very disappointed. It was a bad buffet with cheap food and nothing for breakfast food. Mothers did not even get any kind of a discount, just a glass of orange juice and a sot of champagne. I will not go back to jambonz any time soon.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Rapid City, South Dakota
“What a surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Don't let the outside fool you. The décor inside is amazing, the food was fabulous, and the service was friendly. Will come here every time I get to Sturgis.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Excellent Family Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stopped by for lunch on Saturday and were very impressed. The décor is unique and fun. My kids liked the fact they could get French toast for lunch and my wife liked their health options. I opted for Chicken Fried Steak-awesome. We were impressed.

• Visited April 2014