“Nice, convenient stop for a road weary traveler” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Sturgis
Madison, Wisconsin
“Nice, convenient stop for a road weary traveler”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Sturgis was about the halfway point for a recent trip, so I decided to check out the Holiday Inn Express just off the highway. I made a reservation a few days earlier. Check-in was great, with a very friendly person willing to help with anything needed. Location was great for me...right off the highway. The Pizza Ranch was within walking distance, but I decided to venture downtown just to see the infamous Sturgis strip. My room was extremely clean and very comfortable. The only downside (and I am being picky now) was a mattress cover under the sheets that made the bed a little uncomfortable. I was leaving early, before the official breakfast time, but despite my early departure, some of the breakfast was already prepared and I was happily invited to grab some stuff if I wanted; the person was also very nice. I definitely recommend and would stop again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Union Center, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Very new hotel. Within close walking distance of 4 eateries. Rooms clean, but no mini-fridge or microwave. Mattress for me was uncomfortably hard and I'm used to sleeping on an Army cot. Bkfst is nothing to rave about. Maybe I spent too much time in the South-fresh bisquits and no gravy? The HIE in Rapid City does it much better. Nice guest laundry. I'm a local, and have zero sinus/allergy problems, but had problems from the time I occupied the room. Not sure what it was, but partner had the same problem. Would recommend you consider the Super 8 in Sturgis. Rooms are just as nice with a frig and microwave at less than half the price.

Room Tip: Ask for west side room to get kind of a Hills view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Bearclaw6,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Keithville, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I really wasn't expecting anything quite this nice. From the outside all the way to the inside. Our room was perfect. The bed was extremely comfortable. I am very impressed. This is my first and probably last trip to Sturgis. So far it has been really pleasant. Even with all the snow.

Room Tip: Room 213 has a huge hot tub. It is very relaxing.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Salisbury, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I am a road warrior and stay in a LOT of hotels; however, I don't stay in Holiday Inns that much. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The exterior is nice--just like the picture shows. But the inside was *very* nice, the people at the front desk were extremely friendly. But what got me most was the bathroom. It was GLEAMING. So clean! The bed was very comfy, the room was spacious and clean. The only "thing" was the walls seemed a bit thin... I could hear the guy snoring in the room next to me. LOL. However, the room is nice and dark for sleeping in. It had a microwave and mini fridge. I had no complaints about my stay and if I needed to stay in the western Black Hills again, I would stay here without question. Good job Holiday Inn Express!

Room Tip: Ask for a King "suite" if you can swing it. It's nice and spacious!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Philip, South Dakota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We recently stayed here for an evening of family fun! Their pool isn't large, but our children greatly enjoyed their waterslide. Every staff person we encountered was pleasant. We stayed in a suite and it was perfect size for my husband and I and four children. We most definately will stay again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Very nice hotel. Nice staff. Breakfast was a little less than what I expected however. Price was kind of high as well, but I have come to expect Holiday Inn Expresses to be a little higher than their competetors. It's definitely the nicest hotel in Sturgis and I would stay there again if I was ever out that way again.

Room Tip: Best place to choose in Sturgis. Most definitely the newest!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Milford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Holiday Inn and it was the best ever. We have told a lot of people about the stay. It was very clean the room was very nice. The food was very,very good.The location is in a a very nice area, easy to get to and from. Close to events. We are looking forward to going back this year 2013.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!