“Awesome hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Spearfish

You added Hampton Inn Spearfish to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Spearfish
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   240 N 27th St, I-90 and 1st Ave (NE side), Spearfish, SD 57783 (Formerly Comfort Suites Spearfish)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Spearfish
Middleton, WI
“Awesome hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We were absolutely stunned by the size of the room! It was huge! The beds were great, there was a sofabed, the breakfast was fantastic, my kids absolutely loved the pool area, and everything was very clean and nice! We were extremely happy with our stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Torrance, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

The rooms in this hotel appear to be all mini-suites., Lots of space with a sofa, easy chair, plus
a desk and two huge beds. Nice business center on first floor, and nice laundry facility on 2nd floor. Make sure to take quarters with you to the laundry room as there is no money changer.

Nice breakfast, great variety and plenty of seating space for hotel guests.
Plenty of free parking. Adjacent to Walmart (behind hotel). Gas station on east side,
This was the most expensive Hilton hotel we stayed at in the Black Hills area. Stayed July 24, 2013

Room Tip: The rooms on the front of the hotel look across the parking lot. The rooms on the backside of the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Gering, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

hotel was nice but under construction and reservation was lost...not seen or found on arrival. Breakfast was disappointing. Selection of food was poor and not readily available. Location of hotel is good and will look very nice when the construction is done. Folks doing the construction were a bit rough on the first glimpse too.

Lancaster, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Awesome staff and very nice for the money. Well worth it and a great place to visit!!! Spearfish Canyon is awesome and very close to this Hotel's Location. Deadwood is also a great place and is only 10 to 15 min. away. I must say I travel quite a bit for work and stay for 3 weeks at a time each time I travel and even though tere is no place like home this Hotel made it a lot easier than other Hotels I have stayed in. Thanks for a great stay!!!!

Orange, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This hotel is very clean. Great location near 90 exit. The staff at check-in was so nice and called room after I had checked in to make sure everything was ok. The room we got was a bit small for a family suit.

Crystal Lake, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Clean, Friendly and helpful staff, and the pool even has a slide for the kids. Not only were we greeted by a friendly and helpful staff but they even checked back with us later to see if there was anything else they could do. Directing us to the best pizza in town was a plus. Couldn't ask for a better place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Menomonie, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We were traveling through on our road trip and were tired of driving and sightseeing and this hotel was in a good spot for us to pick up on our sightseeing the next day. I am a Hilton Honors member so this was a good choice to get me more points. The price was a little higher than I wanted to pay at the time, yet I was tired so we stayed anyway. The room was okay and seemed clean on a first glance, then I realized it could have been better. It wasn't anything major but I didn't like that I found a wad of gum on the floor and in the corner of the bathroom there was a hairball. I have been in some really disgusting hotel rooms so this stuff wasn't that bad.
I did walk down to the pool area and the pool was ice cold, I stuck my feet in for awhile and it felt refreshing for a bit but then my feet froze. Even the two kids that came in while I was there commented on how cold it was. There was a water slide but it looked like it was just for little kids. The hot tub was broken. The breakfast in the morning was decent and standard to a Hampton Inn. I did enjoy the beautiful peony flowers out in front of the hotel, they are my favorite flower and they looked and smelled lovely.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Spearfish? Share your experiences!