“Great option in Spearfish” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Spearfish
Wyoming
“Great option in Spearfish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This is a typical newer Fairfield property. Great location near 90 exit. Jerica at check-in was so nice and called room after I had checked in to make sure everything was ok. Unlike some Fairfield rooms, this room did have a microwave and mini-fridge. Plenty of comfortable pillows and the bed was fine for the room rate we got.

This was just a quick stay, but the rate was excellent (half of what I usually pay traveling for a comparable hotel of this type). Fairfields can be hit or miss on quality but this was a great find with super customer service. The man at the front desk was very friendly when I checked out and encouraged me to grab something for breakfast before I left. Would stay here again.

Only con is that there was only one hard to reach plug for charging phone by the bed. The desk had plenty of outlets, but I use my phone as alarm so it needs to be close.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights. Originally, we were going to spend our 3rd night at the Fairfield in Rapid City, but after a very poor experience there, we left after barely stepping in the room. If you're expecting Marriott quality, then stay at the Spearfish Fairfield Inn...and NOT Rapid City!!

Our Concierge, Brian, warmly greeted us each night we showed up...especially after our poor reception in Rapid City. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, and incredibly quiet. The location is right off of I-90, and very easy to find. The entire staff works hard to produce a great product, and in my opinion, they have succeeded!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was clean inspite of some reviews that I read. The gentleman at night and in the morning were very pleasant and helpful. Applebee's is right across the street and Walmart down the block. Convenient on and off the freeway. I would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed here while on a sightseeing break right before Thanksgiving. The hotel was clean and fairly up to date. The room was fine, modern, and everything worked as it should. My room faced the front and the only minus was the strong lights from the parking lot that would sometimes stream into the room if the opaque drapes weren't set just right. There was also a lot of strong winds at night, which would create a sound as it passed by the crevices on the building. No deal breaker but sometimes annoying. Breakfast was fine...nothing out of the ordinary. Staff is nothing but excellent and very helpful. If I went back to the Black Hills, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I'd try for a room facing the back.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
sioux falls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I was a little worried and confused by the reviews but it still seemed like it was the best option. I was glad I stayed here. Wall mart is somewhat close, but so is a nice coffee shop! I didn't notice the noise being too bad and I stayed on the 1st floor next to the parking lot. I always sleep with a fan so i turned the fan on in the wall unit and could not hear a thing except some late coming hunters slamming their door. The bed was comfortable. My bathroom was huge!!! Not sure why that is different from other reviews. The room was very clean, the laudry room was clean, the workout room was top of the line and sparkling. Breakfast was great.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Custer, South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We had specified that we wanted a quiet room on the top floor. We were very tired from a long trip, so we didn't notice until after we were unpacked that the room faced the street, instead of the countryside to the North. The road is the main route to WalMart and the airport. We had trucks, motorcycles and various other noisy vehicles all night long.

Secondly, when we're travelling, we use a credit card with a low credit limit. The hotel ran charged two items that represented 125% of the room rate onto the card, and didn't clear the charges until over 10 days had passed (and then posted the correct rate. We've never had this kind of treatment from a Marriott and wrote and told them so.

The rest of the hotel was up to Marriott standards..

P.S. Try the nearby Holiday Inn in Spearfish. It's on a quiet road.

Room Tip: Take a room facing away from the street (North Side). The breakfast is Buffet, with only the coffee...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This was a newer property in a good location next to gas, spirits, dining and freeway. Rooms, especially the bathrooms were a bit small but that what makes them a higher end budget choice. Free wifi was fast and the free continental breakfast was more than adequate with choice of hot cereal, waffles, several cold cereals and microwaveable breakfast sandwhichs . Rooms were clean, only suggestion is recauch the tub.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn Spearfish? Share your experiences!