“Jets on hot tubs not working” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Spearfish
IL
“Jets on hot tubs not working”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Hotel had 2 hot tubs and neither of the jets were working. If you have any issues ( I have issues with my knee) do not use the pool. They do not have steps going into the pool, they only have ladders. Room was clean and in good condition. Hotel staff are very friendly. The restaurant is attached to the hotel with easy access.

Room Tip: Do not take a room by the pool unless you do not mind the noise.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Eric S, Director of Marketing at Holiday Inn Spearfish - Northern Black Hills, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear kdm11559-

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time out of your day to give us a constructive review. I sincerely apologize for the pool being without steps as they were just removed to have repairs made and will be re installed here again shortly. We do have a chair lift available to use for those having difficulty using the ladders provided. I'm glad the rest of your stay was great and hope you visit us again and find your stay more enjoyable. Thank you again for the feedback.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2015

Everyone that works here are well trained and extremely friendly. The whole facility is immaculate. A big surprise is the restaurant attached to the hotel. We usually don't eat at hotel restaurants, however this is an unusually good spot. The day clerk told us about a hike at The Historic Hatchery and Spearfish Canyon. What a beautiful place to walk after days on the road. Can't say enough good about this hotel. Will stay again when we go through.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Eric S, Director of Marketing at Holiday Inn Spearfish - Northern Black Hills, responded to this review, March 16, 2015
Dear Robetts-

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and giving us such a glowing review. I'm glad you found everything from our staff, to our new remodeled hotel, to our excellent restaurant to exceed all of your expectations. I hope you do get to visit again on your next time through and we'll strive to make your stay even better to earn a five star review!

Lemmon, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2015

Great rooms, very clean, comfortable beds & fast and friendly check in and out . Easy to access the wonderful attached restaurant . Inside or outside door access. The headboards had electrical plug-ins on each side, that was great!!!!

Room Tip: Make sure there is plenty of outlets to plug into!!
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Eric S, Director of Marketing at Holiday Inn Spearfish - Northern Black Hills, responded to this review, February 24, 2015
Dear Jean D-

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to review our hotel. I'm very glad to read you were happy with virtually everything about your stay. We certainly appreciate your business and kind words. We also look forward to you visiting us again in the near future.

DIrector of Marketing
McKenzie, North Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2015

We checked in for a two night stay, upon entering our room we tried to hook up to the internet and could not get it to work and also the toilet would not flush. I called the front desk and they did send someone up right away, he told me that the toilet was a low flow and was working fine. They did call me several times regarding internet and finally told me that it was my tablet causing the problem, which could have been the issue, but it worked when I was close enough to log in to the convention center (same building). As far as the toilet, you could flush and flush and flush and then it might work -- it was also leaking out from the bottom of the stool, but since we were told this was working I just put a towel around it. Saturday we got up and went out to do some shopping, when we returned to our room our keys did not work, so we were lucky enough to have to walk to the front desk to get them activated again.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Eric S, Director of Marketing at Holiday Inn Spearfish - Northern Black Hills, responded to this review, February 20, 2015
Dear NDBrenda-

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and giving us a thorough review of your stay. I'd like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I know any internet connectivity, plumbing or key card issues can be extremely frustrating. I am happy to tell you we are very close to a huge internet upgrade that will increase our bandwidth by over 600%! I'm also happy to read our staff was very quick to address and follow up with your issues. Thank you again for the great feedback regarding your stay, I can assure you it will help us to improve and be a better hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2015

We had a great stay at the Spearfish Holiday Inn. The staff was friendly and the maids were very accommodating. The room and bathroom was clean and the beds were super comfortable.Will be staying again!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Eric S, Director of Marketing at Holiday Inn Spearfish - Northern Black Hills, responded to this review, January 20, 2015
Dear Tyler F-

Thank you for taking time out of your day to review our property. I'm very happy to read you enjoyed virtually everything about your stay. We certainly appreciate your business and kind words, and we hope you visit us again in the near future.

Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2015

Sure, that is what hotels are supposed to be but these folks kick it up a notch. The staff is very friendly and understand the need for special requests. The hotel itself is welcoming and the rooms are very nice from heating to beds to the TV and lighting. The hotel has a fresh feel to it and is conveniently located. Lucky's 13 restaurant is convenient and is better than most run of the mill hotel restaurants. The pool area needs to be updated. It looks like an old "Holidome" but don;t take my word for that. However, take my word that the kids won't find the pool area very "cool".
I will book another stay at this hotel and expect to this summer as we go through the Badlands.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Eric S, Director of Marketing at Holiday Inn Spearfish - Northern Black Hills, responded to this review, January 12, 2015
Dear djrhudson-

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for taking time out of your busy day to review our hotel. I'm very happy to read you enjoyed almost everything about your stay and especially enjoyed your comments about our staff. Your comments are spot on with regards to the pool and I'm very excited to tell you the pool area is up next for major renovation and will be a place everyone will enjoy, especially the kids! Check with us this summer to check in on our progress and I hope you'll choose to stay with us again.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2014

We were in town for graduation. Room was ok but had a weird smell. My biggest problem was the pool my son could not get out because a step was broken. I thought he was just playing around till I saw the problem and it was so cold his lips were blue.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Eric S, Director of Marketing at Holiday Inn Spearfish - Northern Black Hills, responded to this review, December 16, 2014
Dear kelly c-

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you were in town celebrating a graduation and taking the time to give us a review of your stay. I'd like to sincerely apologize for your overall experience with our pool and I greatly appreciate you bringing these items to our attention so we can address them as quickly as possible. Thank you again for taking the time to give us great feedback.

Director of Marketing

Been to Holiday Inn Spearfish - Northern Black Hills? Share your experiences!