The Sheraton Sioux Falls is a solid option for business travelers and vacationers not looking for any opulence.
It is near the airport and centrally located within Sioux Falls. Honestly, the city isn't very big. Everything in the city seems to be within 15 minutes or less of everything else.
It is constructed as most Sheratons are, with a big open central lobby/foyer and rooms around the perimeter. The common areas are clean and well maintained.
Check-in was fairly easy and the staff was incredibly friendly, which is true for the population just about everywhere in the city. The gentleman who checked me in forgot to explain that there were food vouchers in my door-key packet and the various scenarios I could use them. Minor annoyance.
I was upgraded to a larger suite on the club lounge level due to elite status. The floor is clean. The rooms are nothing special, but they are also clean. I had a problem with a noisy AC and engineering was able to get it fixed within 10 minutes of my request for help.
The club lounge for AM breakfast is pretty terrible. I honestly have to ask why a hotel would even offer these options: a block of scrambled eggs., flavorless potatoes., two boring cereals. They have a fancy Jura coffee machine, but it's broken and only creates espresso. The espresso is nice because the brewed coffee is terrible. I used the espresso to essentially make an espresso floater in a glass of coffee flavored water! Having said all of that, I had colleagues staying at two other highly rated Sioux Falls hotels, and the Sheraton's options were better.
Disappointed with the club lounge, I had breakfast at the lobby restaurant the next two days. I probably would have done this on my first day had I been told about this benefit at check-in. The restaurant was marginally better with egg, bacon, sausage, french toast, waffle, fruit, yogurt and granola options. You can also order an omelet at the breakfast buffet or just order a la carte. The breakfast wasn't spectacular, but it was edible whereas the club lounge really felt inedible. The brewed coffee was much better at the restaurant but espresso or use of the jura coffee machine was not included whereas it was free in the club lounge (had it been working). It was too much hassle to go up to the 6th floor for my espresso to bring it down to the restaurant. This is a silly annoyance and such an easy fix to create a non-confusing and uncompromising experience for your best customers.
The people who work at this hotel are very nice. They were just fine to let me sit at the restaurant table off the lobby for 5 hours on my last day while I worked. They kept the coffee coming. This is a very nice thing!
I actually found the lobby to be an ideal place to work. There are artificial waterfalls, which create great white noise to create a work environment with little distraction, which is an odd thing to say for a place like a lobby.
Despite some of my complaints, I will stay at the Sheraton again when I return to Sioux Falls. Colleagues that worked with me in the lobby will also stay here instead of staying at the other "highly rated" club hotel in town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Connected to the Sioux Falls Convention Center, Denny Sanford Premier Center and Sioux Falls Arena by indoor walkway, our hotel in Sioux Falls provides a convenient location for easy access to the best Sioux Falls has to offer. With complimentary shuttle service to and from the Sioux Falls Regional Airport, and a variety of Fortune 500 companies nearby including Wells Fargo, Citi Bank, and Great Western Bank, our Sioux Falls hotel makes exploring South Dakota easy and exciting. After completing a $6.5 million renovation, our redesigned guest rooms provide you with all the comforts you need. All rooms and suites are equipped with our signature Sheraton Sweet Sleeper™ Bed, High Speed Internet Access, and much more. Our Sheraton Club Rooms provide exclusive access to our Sheraton Club Lounge, an upscale space to gather and enjoy complimentary breakfast, evening hors d’oeuvres, wireless High Speed Internet Access and more. Relax in our indoor heated pool and spa or join us in Water's Edge Lounge or Falling Waters Grille for classic bistro cuisine and cocktails. Our downtown Sioux Falls hotel is the ideal venue for your next corporate meeting, wedding or any special event. With our connection to the Sioux Falls Convention Center, featuring 97,400 square feet of modern event space, events are our specialty. Our attentive and experienced staff is here to help you every step of the way and ensure that your event is successful and unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Sheraton Sioux Falls & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Sioux Falls Hotel And Conference Center
- Sheraton Sioux Falls Hotel Sioux Falls
- Sheraton Hotel Sioux Falls
- Sioux Falls Sheraton