“Nice Updated Room” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 48 hotels in Sioux Falls
San Francisco, California
“Nice Updated Room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I'm surprised to see all the reviews below, because our room was very modern and comfortable. Huge king size bed, renovated bathroom, and a large flat screen TV. The room was pet-friendly too, for no added fee. It was also great for us because we were just driving through and it was only a 5 minute drive off the highway.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newly renovated rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen M, General Manager at Sheraton Sioux Falls Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear smh33,

Thank you for the comments on your recent stay. I am happy to hear your positive feedback on the renovated rooms! Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you soon!

206 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Frederick, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Quick trip to Sioux Falls - one night at the Sheraton. I was speaking at a conference at the convention center which is attached, so it was very convenient. Staff was pleasant, room was clean. Wardrobe was weirdly small, but I was there for one night, so wasn't an issue.

I usually stay at Marriott Courtyard - this was comparable, maybe not quite as nice, but same category. If you're in Sioux Falls his will do just fine.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We had a short but very nice stay at the Sheraton Sioux Falls. Literally around the corner from the airport, the hotel was also convenient to Falls Park and the renovated stores and restaurants that make up DTSF (downtown Sioux Falls).

The hotel was fully booked with a number of weddings and a conference and we had been well warned from this site about noise filtering up from the atrium, even though we were on the top (Club) floor. As soon as we got to the room and realized this, I rushed downstairs to try to change our room before more guests could register and take the last possible remaining rooms on the small corrditor (rooms x28-x38) that leads off from the atrium. The front desk staff cheerfully changed our room, and it made a big difference because everything was quiet all night.

Our room had been recently renovated and was comfortable, with everything in good working order. And the Internet worked well, a pet pieve of mine when it does not.

The Club also looked like it had been part of those recent renovations and had a comfortable vibe, highlighted by dark wood paneling and the requisite big screen TV. The offerings in the Club could have been more varied for happy hour and we found it a bit odd that no alcohol was served (or even offered). Similarly, breakfast in the Club was fairly basic. But it sure made things easy to walk four doors from our room to the Club and since we're not big eaters, we were fine with what was served. And the staff in the Club was as cheerful as everyone else.

All in all, a very good stay indeed.

Room Tip: Higher floors and rooms in the corridor off the atrium (number x28-x38) are quietest. Even though we...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen M, General Manager at Sheraton Sioux Falls Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear fantasticv0yage,
Thank you for taking time to share feedback on your recent stay. I am happy to hear that you were satisfied with your overall experience. If you do stay on our club floor in the future our concierge will be more than happy to assist you in ordering an alcoholic beverage from the hotel lounge. Again, thank you for your comments. We hope to see you back soon!

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Temper your expectations...it's Sioux Falls, SD. Actually, a much more progressive city than most visitors think. The Sheraton is the "nicest" hotel in the area. It's clean, fairly modern, and above average. Joe Thiesman was checking in before me, good enough for a former NFL QB...I have traveled to Sioux Falls every month for a year...it is the place to stay.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Karen M, General Manager at Sheraton Sioux Falls Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear BCM6295,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we appreciate your input. We are pleased that our Hotel met with your expectations and that your stay was pleasing overall. We look forward to you coming to see us again in the future.

rhuby72
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I just stayed at this hotel for business. There were some minor annoyances because of renovations. However, the newly-remodeled room I had was gorgeous! My one complaint, as a previous reviewer stated, is the door gap that not only allows light in but also noise from the atrium. Hopefully that is rectified soon. The highlight of the stay was Kirsten at the front desk. She displayed a level of service that is too rare these days. She was professional and courteous. This is my go-to hotel for business and I highly recommend it.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Karen M, General Manager at Sheraton Sioux Falls Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Rhuby72,
Thank you for your comments and recommendations. I am glad that you enjoyed the newly-remodeled rooms. All newly-renovated rooms are being outfitted with a threshold to help alleviate some of the issues you experienced during your stay. If you experience any issues during your future stays please call the front desk and as you already know, they will be more than happy to assist. Thank you again for taking time to share your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Marlton, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Spent several days in the hotel and have nothing bad to report. I was greated by very helpful staff who helped to make my stay a great one. The hotel offers a free shuttle to and from the airport which made everything very convenient. While the hotel is nice sized it has a comfortable feel. It is not in close walking distance of attractions but everything is not that far away.

My room was a suite with a king bed and full couch. Very comfortable.

Room Tip: The bar is centrally located as the rooms work in a square around it. I was on the 3rd floor and al...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear pfg88,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. It’s nice to hear that you had a comfortable stay. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

My husband went to a conference and my daughter and I tagged along. The location to the convention center is great but the location in the city isn't the greatest - but we had the car so it wasn't a big deal. The room was OK. I think it was one of the refurbished ones. The phone didn't work so we couldn't call down to the front desk or order room service. The hotel restaurant was hit & miss. My hubby loved his burger but there was plastic wrap in my nasty chicken noodle soup. They did make a new bowl of soup that was fresh but the service was so slow I really didn't eat much of it. The pool was very nice for family fun. There was one other family using it so we had lots of room and my daughter loved it. We choose not to pay $11 per device for wi-fi so we just watched cable tv (but there wasn't a tv guide anywhere in the room either). Overall it was ok but for the price, I'd rather stay in other places in town.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear DakotaGirl18,
Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. I would like to apologize for what you experienced in our restaurant. Please be assured that what you experienced is unacceptable and will be addressed with the appropriate departments. I hope you decide to give us another try. Thank you again for your comments!

Karen Masterson

Been to Sheraton Sioux Falls Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!