“A little dated but very quiet and "nice"” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #32 of 49 hotels in Sioux Falls
DENVER,CO
“A little dated but very quiet and "nice"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Spent just one night using 4000 Starwood pts. Nice hotel attached to the convention center. Had our two small schnauzers with us and was no pet fee. Room was clean and sufficient but VERY quiet and large! No outside noise whatsoever from the 2nd floor even near the elevator!
Hotel breakfast was reasonable. Hate spending money on room service so just had hubby go downstairs and bring it back up.
Will definitely stay here again when passing through the Sioux Falls area.

Note to hotel: "Dog pots" would be nice to have near the surrounding areas of the hotel.

Room Tip: Always call ahead when traveling with dogs so there are no surprises. Even if you know there isn...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

184 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Hotel is right next door to Pheasants stadium and the convention center. It has nice open courtyard effect. Nice comfortable room. (Carpet needed replaced thought - several stains).Slept ok til the morning when guests were departing rooms and could hear the doors shutting. Not very soundproof for that.

Front desk needs more personnel at all hours. In hte evening (7-ish) the one person manning it was completely overwhelmed with guests and phone calls. And in the monring, my airport shuttle departed a little late because the 1 person manning the desk was supposed to be the shuttle driver. Hire more staff.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Both phones in our room didn't work. Our tv didn't even have a remote. Wifi wasn't included. Room was dirty. Wall paper is peeling off the walls. The shower wall is cracked. Staff was rude. I was really surprised I thought the sheraton was a fairly nice hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
Karen M, General Manager at Sheraton Sioux Falls Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
I apologize for the missing remote control and the telephones not working properly. Also, for the lack of service provided.

If you would like to contact me to provide a little more information, I would appreciate speaking with you.

I hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Karen Masterson
Madison
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Recent trip to Sioux Falls brought me here again. Stayed for one night. Still nice, and clean.

Stayed in the executive section. Newer section of the hotel.

Their printers in the work areas did not work again, just like the last time I was there...like 5 months or so ago. Maybe they should get new printers or something. Went to front desk, they let me use their computers there.

Food was pretty good. Ate at the restaurant in the main floor for breakfast.

Internet was pretty good too.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the executive section
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Always on Vacation
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Nicely redone rooms and lobby area. Bathrooms were still outdated and need some attention, but everything else including window coverings and linens was real nice. My only complaints are some common area noise at night (from the bar) and double beds. Next time I will make sure to get queens or a king and a pull out.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bronson, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Sheraton 2 nights last summer while vacationing in SD. This time we traveled with another couple and only stayed one night. Once again, our stay was wonderful! No complaints about the room (size, cleanliness, features, etc) or its location. I did, however, put in a request when booking the rooms that they be located no lower than the 4th floor, and my request was honored! Yes, the noise from the bar at the bottom of the atrium does waft upward, but we were all so exhausted from a 12-hour drive that we were out fairly quickly. That, and I did stick the couch pillows in front of the door, just for good measure. For the money, I simply don't think you can get a better stay in Sioux Falls. Perhaps there is a room (or rooms) that need some slight repairs (just going by pictures posted by other reviewers), but all the rooms I've had experience with were in very good shape. As I said before, we'll stay here again if in the Sioux Falls area!

Room Tip: Ask for 4th floor or higher.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Most rooms are off of the large and impressive main room in which the restaurant and bar are located. From the 3rd floor, the intoxicated patrons were so loud we could not sleep. The archaic televisions receive a whopping 45 channels, which would be ok if we could stream tv shows from the internet, but get this-- a 3 star hotel IN THIS CENTURY charges $2 an hour for internet access!!! No emails, wifi for smartphones, NOTHING. The business center offers very limited computer with very limited browsers (incapable of uploading jpegs) for free. The pool and exercise rooms were nice; the pool however, is too shadow for laps, but is perfect for children. My anniversary evening was spent calling other hotels for a room and when finding none, stuffing sheets and towels in the crack of the doors and suffering through infomercials to drown out the raucous laughing and shouting from downstairs. When I called guest services, I was interrupted before completing my request and was told the bartender would ask the people to quiet down (no change however). The wallpaper was peeling off, the vents were covered with dust, rust covered the fire sprinklers, and a shrill whistling accompanied the air conditioner, which caused us to have to sleep with it off. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS FRUSTRATING ESTABLISHMENT. I couldn't give this place half a star.

• Stayed August 2012
It is the philosophy of our hotel to exceed our guest expectation and we failed to accomplish this for you. I sincerely apologize for the lack of attention to detail our hotel demonstrated during your stay. We are taking steps to ensure these housekeeping and engineering details are not over looked during our daily room inspections. We do have rooms located in a quiet area including our executive addition and atrium wings

Our hotel is also continuing our $6 million dollar renovation that includes guest rooms.

Thank you for staying with us. I hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Karen Masterson

Been to Sheraton Sioux Falls Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!