“If you value cleanliness, service, or sanity, find somewhere else to stay.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Sioux Falls Hotel & Conference Center

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #34 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
“If you value cleanliness, service, or sanity, find somewhere else to stay.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Most rooms are off of the large and impressive main room in which the restaurant and bar are located. From the 3rd floor, the intoxicated patrons were so loud we could not sleep. The archaic televisions receive a whopping 45 channels, which would be ok if we could stream tv shows from the internet, but get this-- a 3 star hotel IN THIS CENTURY charges $2 an hour for internet access!!! No emails, wifi for smartphones, NOTHING. The business center offers very limited computer with very limited browsers (incapable of uploading jpegs) for free. The pool and exercise rooms were nice; the pool however, is too shadow for laps, but is perfect for children. My anniversary evening was spent calling other hotels for a room and when finding none, stuffing sheets and towels in the crack of the doors and suffering through infomercials to drown out the raucous laughing and shouting from downstairs. When I called guest services, I was interrupted before completing my request and was told the bartender would ask the people to quiet down (no change however). The wallpaper was peeling off, the vents were covered with dust, rust covered the fire sprinklers, and a shrill whistling accompanied the air conditioner, which caused us to have to sleep with it off. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS FRUSTRATING ESTABLISHMENT. I couldn't give this place half a star.

• Stayed August 2012
Karen M, General Manager at Sheraton Sioux Falls Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
It is the philosophy of our hotel to exceed our guest expectation and we failed to accomplish this for you. I sincerely apologize for the lack of attention to detail our hotel demonstrated during your stay. We are taking steps to ensure these housekeeping and engineering details are not over looked during our daily room inspections. We do have rooms located in a quiet area including our executive addition and atrium wings

Our hotel is also continuing our $6 million dollar renovation that includes guest rooms.

Thank you for staying with us. I hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Karen Masterson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed at the Sheraton for one night on our way out west from Chicago. It's a little ways away from the I-90 exit (it's right by the airport so more convenient for flying into Sioux Falls). However, after staying in a small town in Minnesota where Billy Bob punched out Bobby Joe during a family reunion that lasted all night, it was refreshing to stay in a place that was clean, quiet, safe and had nice amenities. We were too zonked from driving to hit the pool, but the lounge area had decent food and the service was good. Breakfast was a little pricey (two bowls of cereal for the kids and yogurt granola parfait for my husband and myself totalled over $40), but I have to say it was a really good yogurt parfait, as yogurt parfaits go.

The room was clean, updated and a good size with two queen beds. The only negative thing I can say was that the sheets were "noisy"-they felt almost like paper and crinkled a lot. But if that's the only noise you hear (instead of Bobby Sue outside your door lamenting "Why'd you hit your brother? Now he needs medical attention!" at 2 in the morning, I'd say it was still a quiet hotel. Not that I should make fun of people but after driving through Wisconsin and Minnesota for 8 hours you don't have much tolerance left. Anyway. We'd definitely stay in this hotel again and recommend it!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I enjoyed my stay, but there are some things to keep in mind about this property. It's a GREAT location if you are flying in and out and need a room right by the airport. It's also obviously a great location if you're attending an event at the convention center.

It's not a great location if you're going to the Empire Mall, if you're going to any of the (very fine) hospitals in Sioux Falls, or if you want to explore some of the finer dining spots around town. Those things are all on the other side of Sioux Falls. (Sioux Falls isn't a huge city, but there are a zillion hotels closer to those venues). There are a few restaurants around this property and one on-site, but not a lot of choices. The area is mostly an industrial area of town that really doesn't have a lot to offer in terms of dining, shopping, or even running to a convenience store.

The check-in went smoothly (the staff weren't exactly falling all over themselves to make guests feel welcome, but we got through it). The lobby is VERY noisy, given both a running water fountain and an open bar/restaurant area that is in the middle of the lobby. The fact that all of this noise happens in the middle of an open area that is six stories high creates acoustical problems and makes conversation difficult. People with hearing difficulties might want to bring someone along to help out with check-in. Schedule important conversations for a different location, because the bar/restaurant is not at all conducive to chatting.

The pool/whirlpool area is clean, but STEP CAREFULLY. The tile surrounding the pool slopes inward toward the pool (obviously to return splashed water to the pool); however, the slope isn't visually clear, and it is VERY hazardous. In fact, another guest stumbled and almost fell shortly after watching me stumble, illustrating that even though you know there's a slope, you don't always see it in the tile pattern. Look twice before you take every step!

The bed was REALLY comfortable, and the room was spacious and well-laid out. I'm a stickler for cleanliness, and I thought it was fine, though I didn't touch the sofa or overstuffed chair in the room (I just find hotel furniture kind of icky so as a matter of practice I avoid them). The bathroom was large and clean.

Overall, it was a good experience. I don't use spa services and didn't eat breakfast, so I can't speak to those elements. I would recommend this property for business travelers and people attending the convention center

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Byron, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We booked the Sheraton Sioux Falls, coming back from our Mt. Rushmore trip. We booked a room on the club floor/6th floor, and also booked a 2-room suites. On the club floor you get afternoon apitizers which were great, and breakfast in the club lounge. I thought that the breakfast could have been way better, and at least offer waffles or pancakes, but just had oatmeal and cerial. The pool and hot tub were awsome, especially the jets. The staff was amazing and the service was great. I also thought that it was nice that that floor was secured from the elevator, because you have to use your key to get to the floor. The only bad thing about the stay, was that the breakfast was lame and the elevators made a loud beeping noise on each floor. Otherwise the entire stay was great, even my 2 kids and husband enjoyed it.

Room Tip: Club rooms are nice, otherwise request for the 5th floor/ high floor room, due to noise and just get...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Sheraton Sioux Falls 2x on our recent trip coming and going to Mt Rushmore. We have young kids and they thought the large rooms were great - plus the pool and workout area are very well kept. The staff was very accommodating and we didn't run into any difficulties. The front desk gave us several coupons to area attractions which we actually used. It is in a good location with access to several of the main streets and the highway.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kadoka, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We booked a room here for one night. Was on the 6th premium floor which was a secure floor. Didn't really seem all that secure do to all the little kids running around and up and down the elevator, but that's not my main concern. The appearance the hotel lobby and rooms when first come in seem to be great. But, once you start looking you will find it's not all that clean..

Our room had alot of little bugs around it, especially in the windows on the floor. Since the bed coverings are all white you tend to notice bugs on there. I did call and complain, and they did come up and vacuum, but still were around. I just picked them off the bed etc. Not bed bugs just little flying bugs. The couch looked like it hadn't been vacummed or cleaned for a long time, especially on the top. The lay out of the room was nice, beds comfortable. Bathroom seemed to be pretty clean. There was also something on the bedskirt, I just tucked it up underneath, so I would have to look at it. And something was spattered all over wall. Sorry to sound so rude. I am super picky about cleaniness when getting a motel room, due to the price you have to pay, I feel it should be clean!

We did not eat here, so can't comment on that at all. The front desk people were fine checking in and out. And were nice when I called about the room to be cleaned.

Probably won't stay here again, way to many other choices in town.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Check in was not up to snuff. No platinum or gold level check in was open. There was a lady working the front desk who was on the phone with another guest. There was another male worker who said the lady would be with me shortly. I stood there waiting a good five minutes and a second group of people came in to check in behind me. A second female came worker came out from behind with the male worker and opened a second checkin and addressed the group of people instead of me. I know the female clerk had no idea who was there first, but the male work certainly did and should have waved me ahead. This may sound petty, but after travelling a long day with two screaming babies and an unhappy fiancee, a smooth check in would have been nice.
The room we were assigned was a decent club level room. The fitness facilities are pretty good except the tvs on the treadmill don't work. The free parking was a welcome bonus as Sheraton's are notorious for punishing parking fees.
If you are a platinum guest, you will notice the club lounge is locked in between breakfast and appy's for some reason, could do with a bit more fruit options for breakfast, as what was offered was a bit weak.
As a different reviewer noted the water did indeed feel 'slippery'. not sure what was going on there.
Overall would stay at this property again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sheraton Sioux Falls Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!