We booked this hotel on Priceline for $75.00 by selecting a 3-star hotel. We thought we couldn't go wrong with a big, major chain but it was pretty disappointing.
I will say that the low rate made everything a bit more tolerable and the bed was really comfortable. They also have Starbucks coffee in the rooms if you're a fan.
On the downside...I suspect as punishment for booking such a low rate we were placed in a room near both the elevator and the ice machine - both which created a lot of noise during our stay there. If you look through the pictures you'll see the one someone else has posted of the gap between the bottom of the door and the floor - same for our room.
I'm not sure if there was a dance next door at the convention center or what exactly was going on but the hotel was just LOUD the whole time we were there with loud voices in the corridor, doors slamming, girls shrieking at any given moment and at one point a dirty pair of men's boxers abandoned by the elevators (although later someone kicked them over the side). Even without a big 'shindig' next door I can imagine how loud it would be with the atrium and the gap under the door.
The hotel seems nice but just not very clean and the staff seems to be going through the motions. I had also put out the card on the door for the sheets not be changed and receive a $5 gift card but it was slipped back under the door with a card stating I couldn't receive the gift card on check out - but we still had another night to stay. Oh well...at least I saved a little bit of water.
This hotel could really use some deep cleaning and attention to details. The noise is one thing but a dirty room just adds to the ddissatisfaction.
As a last-minute booking this was OK but certainly wouldn't be my first choice for a hotel next time I'm in Sioux Falls. Even the Super 8 hotel over by the mall has better reviews than this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Sioux Falls Hotel & Conference Center has redesigned guest rooms and modernized 97,400 square feet of meeting space, including ballrooms and exhibition space, to accommodate up to 6000 guests ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Starwood, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire and Odigeo so you can book your Sheraton Sioux Falls Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Sioux Falls Hotel And Conference Center
- Sheraton Sioux Falls Hotel Sioux Falls
- Sheraton Hotel Sioux Falls
- Sioux Falls Sheraton