“Shape up!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 48 hotels in Sioux Falls
Seattle, Washington
“Shape up!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at this Hotel for a decade now, having folks in SD, the Hotel has a great restaurant, a wonderful restaurant staff, and a great overall staff in general, however some of their rooms need a touch up! (I hate to rant about any business) check my history, I rarely do it, but the first room they put us in had an.....odor? Ever had kids? You know the odor associated with furniture that's had dozens of beverages spilled on it, and after a few years has a distinct smell? Usually found in Macdonald playrooms, that's what the room smelled like, I was gonna suck it up till I took a shower and the water didn't drain, that was the straw on the camels back, they quickly moved me to another room, which also seemed to have a faint smell but the bathroom seemed fine, some of these rooms need a brush up. Next time I'm in Sioux falls I will likely stay there again, but as a loyal patron my criticism is purely of a constructive nature with no ulterior motives, please continue being the top Hotel in Siouxfalls and perform some much needed preventative maintenance. This place is ultra cool otherwise, glass elevator with a giant water fall on the 1st level.

• Stayed May 2012

207 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012 via mobile

I have had to stay in this hotel twice recently for business. I travel to Sioux Falls routinely and stay at other hotels. The staff at the hotel is not engaged, the lobby / atrium are very loud, the restaurant is mediocre, and the rooms are tired. The bathrooms are very dated, moldy, cracked tiles, etc.

Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2012
Karen M, General Manager at Sheraton Sioux Falls Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Thank you for your comments. I do apologize for not meeting your expectations. I am pleased to announce we will begin a complete room renovation this fall. We are very excited about our renovation. We invite our guest to view our two model rooms we have on display.

I hope you will allow us an opportunity to serve you in the future.

Karen Masterson
Aberdeen, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

The location is ok, as it is close to the interstate but it is far from many of the major attractions. However, it is attached to the convention center. The rooms were a good size and very clean. I booked via a third party and paid about $80 a night. The hotel staff was very welcoming. The only down side was that they charge for internet access.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Omaha, NE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

If you are looking for the best and most reasonable hotel in Sioux Falls, look no further.
The staff here was wonderful and my experience was fantastic- I generally do not fill out surveys but these guys deserve the rating-.

Room Tip: 6th floor has the best suites
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

Pros:
*Booked on a travel website about a month in advance; paid only $79/night;
*Spacious, clean room and bathroom;
*Very comfortable bed, dark blinds, & good temperature control;
*Convenient for attending event in attached convention center;
*Buffalo Wild Wings within walking distance;
*Free bottled water, coffee, & iron/ironing board in room;
*Very friendly front-desk service and (free) late check-out upon request.

Cons:
*No free wi-fi or microwave/fridge in room and no breakfast included;
*Found a few hairs in bathroom (sink & shower) upon checking in;
*Apparently the hot tub hadn't been turned on first thing in the morning, so it wasn't actually hot when we used it around 1 pm;
*Noise from open floorplan/ bar below is somewhat distracting.

We would definitely stay here again, but if you are a light sleeper, or an incredibly picky/hard-to-please traveler, you may want to keep looking!

• Stayed April 2012
Rapid City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Staff was unfriendly. We were charged $13 for a 90 second phone call. They will nickel and dime you for everything. Plenty of other options in the Sioux Falls area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Karen M, General Manager at Sheraton Sioux Falls Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Thank you for your comments. I understand the frustration of long distance telephone pricing in a hotel due to common use of cell phones. However, I will have our telephone vendor look in to our pricing system.

Again, thank you very much for letting us know about your experience. I hope you will allow us an opportunity to serve you in the future.

Karen Masterson
rapid city, sd
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Having stayed here before for a conference and enjoyed it, I was looking forward to staying here with my husband for a weekend trip. Upon walking into the lobby, we found the hotel to be under construction, something they might have disclosed at the time I made the reservation. Oh well. After a 7 hour drive, all I wanted was a soak in the hot tub....sign on front desk announced hot tub is out of order. Great. Up in the room, so much deoderizer used that we had to open the windows. We decided to go get something to eat, so I pull out my tablet to look up the address....they wanted $2.99/hr or $10.99/day for wifi connection~seriously??? When asked, was told I could use it free in their business center. Wow. Went to the bar for a drink, snarky bartender served us, failed to tell us they served pepsi, not coke....husband hates pepsi. Very noisy machines removing carpet in halls all day during our stay. All together disappointing. Will try Ramada next time.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheraton Sioux Falls Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!