“Very Nice..........But” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
East Bridgewater, Massachusetts
“Very Nice..........But”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

This is a very nice hotel if you have an exprense write off or if the boss is paying. Not doing as we were a road trip. Rate was good as there was a AAA special. BUT, there was no free internet, breakfast, paper, etc. Desk clerk was friendly on check in. Bellman, bar tender, other staff very efficious, but not friendly, Unusual from we had found everywhere else on this trip.

Room Tip: Not a htole if you are traveling or with kids. Great if you have an expense account or can write of...

Orlando, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

This particular Sheraton has a large open atrium in the center of the building. And the bar is pretty much right in the middle. Nice if you want to drink & have a good time. Not so good if your room is on a lower level & you want to sleep after a stressful day of business. If you stay here, make sure your room is the 4th floor or higher.

• Stayed September 2011
Brookings, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

My wife and I stayed in the Sheraton in Sioux Falls over the Labor Day weekend. Even though we only live about an hour away, we return to this hotel almost every year to "get out of town" for a while. The fact that we keep going back should say a lot. It's clean, it's comfortable, and in our opinion, it's MUCH nicer than a Super 8 at about the same value. The food in the on-site restaraunt is usually very good and the pool area or the on-site bar is great way to relax at night. In all fairness, we did have a couple of issues this time that were a bit disappointing. Our first night, we called the front desk prior to going to bed to ask about times for the breakfast buffet; we were given the impression by the desk clerk the buffet would be open... so we were disappointed the next morning to find the buffet wasn't being offered. And the other problem we had this time was the hot tub in the pool area seemed really dirty. But these issues were never a problem in our previous stays.

One thing travelers should be aware of is that this hotel is on the "right" side of town for the airport, but on the complete opposite side of town from all of the main shopping areas and "good" eating establishment other than what's in the hotel.

We really like this place simply for what you get and the price you pay for it.

1 Thank JDK16
Belle Fourche, South Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Before booking I looked at the website and on tripadvisor, which is why I am posting this now, so you can be warned........looked like a perfect place for my family to meet and enjoy our Labor Day weekend. Ambience10! :) I called the Sheraton to book a room. I was told the room was 109.99 plus 10 dollars for each extra person over 2 people, plus 10 dollars per night for a rollaway. I made it clear that i was coming with my parents and my brother and his fiance', 5 people. This made the room 149.99 for 2 nights according to reservations and I requested the 3rd night free as I had seen on the web. The person I spoke to in reservations said that the last night had to be 40 dollars because the free night was only for 2 people, I understood that. I was told that my total was 342.58 and would be charged that day. Still, ok with that (but I shouldnt have been bc later, when didnt have the option to LEAVE). When I viewed my bank statement online, I was only charged 310.58. I called the Sheraton bc I didnt need the extra 40 dollars on there, if it was?, bc I would be staying the last night alone. I called and spoke to Jennifer at the front desk who transferred me to reservations, who said that they couldnt help and transferred me to accounting, where I left a message. I hung up and called immediately back and again spoke with Jennifer who said that i would not be charged the extra 40 for the free night and shouldnt have been charged that anyhow, that reservations was wrong to tell me that. A couple of days later my family decided that they would stay the free night. I called back and added their 4 names to my reservation. I spoke with Jennifer and asked her if I needed to be there right at 3 pm to check in bc I was driving from over 6 hrs away, she said that I could check in anytime before 2 am, bc there would be someone at the front desk to check me in. I said ok and hung up thinking that my reservation was taken care of. BOY WAS I WRONG!!!! At check in I was asked for my drivers license and credit card. The girl who checked me in said that she could see that the room was paid for, but that they needed a credit card "on file" to cover "incidentals." I thought, well, that is fine bc I have never stolen anything or trashed a hotel room in my life. I got up to the room and noticed that there was no rollaway in the room. So I went back to the front desk, then I was told that rollaways are first come, first serve and they didnt have any left. What??? I pointed out that i had 4 people in my room and had asked for a rollaway when i made the reservation a week in advance!!! Jennifer then came over and said "I told you that rollaway beds are first come, first serve." No apology, nothing, they just shrugged it off!!! (My 23 yr old brother slept on the floor for 3 nights, we checked back and there were never any rollaways while we were there.) After returning to the room, now with my family, My father wrote an email about the way we were treated and the next day we found a card on the bed for breakfast for all of us at the Sheraton's restaurant, Falling Water Cafe, compliments of the hotel and FINALLY a note, saying sorry for the inconvienance. I thought it was very nice and that the craziness was over....NO!!!! I was very wrong..... On Monday, Labor Day we woke up to bills under the door charging each extra person in my room. Again, What???? I had paid for the entire stay before even arriving. So I devided to check my statement online again, at this point knowing it was a mistake to trust the Sheraton with my credit card. There was an additional charge from the Sheraton for 277.00 charged when I checked in! I immediately went down to the front desk. I was told that there is always a hold placed when guests check in, ONCE AGAIN, I SHOULD HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT BEFORE!!! Then the person at the front desk told me that she didnt know when the money would be back in my account, that it was up to my bank..... She then said, it was Labor Day and there was nothing she could do. I asked to leave my name and number and have a manager call me. I then asked about the bills that we had recieved under the door. She said that they were auto generated and not owed. What a mess! I was stressed all Labor Day weekend, what should have been a nice relaxing trip to see family turned into the HOTEL STAY FROM HELL! I did speak with a manager and its a week and a half later now, the hold (that should have never been placed) is now removed and I am supposed to be recieving a nights refund. They said at the Sheraton that they sent the refund to my account yest........ my bank still hasnt processed it ??? This manager is good, Michelle, the first person that I have spoken to there that knows anything about service. BUT unless you want to be charged, who knows what amount and be told one thing at the time you make the reservation and another when checking in.... DONT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT WORTH THE STRESS.

Room Tip: Dont get a room by the glass elevators, you can hear them run and ding all night.
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank NOTHAPPY4747
Karen M, General Manager at Sheraton Sioux Falls & Convention Center, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. It is the philosophy of our hotel to exceed our guest expectation and we failed to accomplish this for you. I sincerely apologize for the attitude of indifference and the lack of attention to the rollaway request you received during your stay from our associates. I have no excuse or explanation. I can however tell you we have addressed your comments with the appropriate people and have come up with some solutions that may help us achieve this goal.

I am appreciative that Michelle was able to assist you. I know that Michelle has spoken to you and indicated that our accounting office issued a full credit of a one-night stay back to your credit card. The credit was issued by our hotel on September 12, 2011.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. My hope is that you will consider staying with us again as to prove our commitment to guest service.

Kind regards,

Karen

Travelers are raving about these Sioux Falls hotels

San José, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

We chose this hotel based on its proximity to the airport and to the downtown area. The convention center is literally next door. The room was clean and quiet, the travel-sized toiletries nice, the bed comfortable, and there were enough electrical outlets for our needs. We didn't use WiFi so I am unable to comment about this.

We saw kids enjoying the indoor pool without too much of a chlorine odor and there was someone using the workout room as well. The workout room had multiple machines available to give you options. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful and we really appreciated the level of detail on the map provided by the Convention and Visitor's Bureau. Offerings at the breakfast buffet were varied and tasty but I'm not sure it was worth the nearly $11/person price.

License plates in the parking lot indicated that this was a popular choice with other travellers. We will definitely consider staying here the next time we're in Sioux Falls.

Room Tip: I called the hotel directly and ended up with a room in the smaller executive wing.
Sd
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

Stayed just one night. Room was very nice and clean. The resturant is great for breakfast although we did not eat during this stay. Pets allowed, listened to a dog barking at night. For our very short stay and the priceline deal of $45. would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
The Woodlands, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

The team at this Sheraton are bent on service, especially for the business meeting traveller. They took care of all catering and room setup needs to a tee. The rooms were quiet, cool and dark for a good night's sleep. The sheets are better than Hiltons.

There is some construction outside that should be done by the fall, but it was not too much an inconvenience.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business