“Nice place to stay.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Cloquet, Minnesota
“Nice place to stay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Rooms are nice although a bit smaller and dated. The 9th floor conciegre is ok but I question if I would pay the extra cost to stay on it. Breakfast was limited in the C lounge and the evening happy hour is only open 1.5 hrs. Nice food selection in the evening. I found the staff helpful and friendly. Several good eating and beer establishments within walking distance.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Hurley, Sd
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed here for a wedding reception. We stayed on the concierge floor where we were under the impression that there was continental breakfast in the mornings. However, they didn't tell us that it was only Monday-Friday mornings. Very bummed out as we only wanted a quick bite to eat before heading out for wedding related activities. Otherwise very comfortable rooms, friendly staff, and we had a quiet floor (there were several weddings/groups staying in the hotel this weekend). Would highly recommend this hotel, however the extra money for the concierge floor on the weekends wouldn't necessarily be worth it.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed here for three nights this past weekend. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. I only gave it three stars because their were a few oddities.... 1. The rooms were so hot! My entire family (we had a bank of rooms throughout the hotel) had to turn the heat/ac completely off and open our windows or outside patio doors....I had to keep mine open all night long which made me feel a little uneasy (it was a patio with a door that opened to the outside, not a window...so it was completely open and flys were coming in). 2. The shower head was super low. If you are a tall guy, good luck. I'm only 5'6" and I had to be careful not to hit my head on the darn thing. 3. The toilets were weird in some of the rooms...basically about a foot away from the wall...just strange...function was fine (except my parent's which was leaking and caused my mother to slip and fall in the night). 4. Like coffee with cream (not coffeemate?)...good luck with that!---I had to ask SEVERAL times for CREAM...not COFFEEMATE...and would still get Coffeemate. I do not like non-dairy processed creamers, so was very frustrated by this...especially for a hotel with a bar. There should be cream somewhere in the hotel. I eventually found two servers who actually cared enough to go to the kitchen and get some. 5. If I am going to purchase a breakfast buffet I expect coffee and orange juice to be included (just my expectations from traveling all over the country and many parts of the world).

On the positives, the hotel has a good location, the food in the restaurant is good, and the lobby is very nice. It is a nice hotel...I just think they need some training for the staff and perhaps a re-think on the buffet. I would stay here again being the price is not bad...but I have definitely stayed in Holiday Inn's with better service/dining prices (and free coffee in the lobby).

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Scott G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sioux Falls - City Center, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for your comments. We do appreciate your positive review of cleanliness and the location of our hotel and will work to address opportunities for improvement.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Great location and excellent rooms! 9th floor is definitely the floor to ask for! Happy Hour is great! The staff is great and very helpful with suggestions on where to eat and what to see. The rooms are very clean and modern.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the 9th floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Good location and clean rooms. Not impressed with the front desk staff. Not very good customer service. She seemed to be bothered when we asked her a question. The shuttle driver was very nice and friendly. He was the only one who was friendly and helpful. I wish I would have gotten his name. I would not recommend this place and hoping our company moves us from here. The only good things about this place are the shuttle driver and location.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Scott G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sioux Falls - City Center, responded to this review, 1 week ago
While I am happy that you found our rooms clean and liked the downtown location, I do apologize if the desk staff did not meet your expectations. During your next crew layover please stop by my office, which is next to the front desk check in area.
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have a special place for this place when I travel. And it looks better now than it ever has.
Heidi the night auditor was great. Arriving late at night it was nice to be greeted by a smiling face.
3 dings though, one is very small, while in the shower I noticed rusty screws holding the grab bar up. Second, although, I had arranged for a late check out and had my DND on the door here came the maids wondering when I was checking out. Third. When I went down to the desk to check out the lady at the desk was not in a uniform, looked more like it was her day off, and her hair looked like she had been in a really bad wind storm.
BUT, I will always stay here.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Cincinnati, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The main benefit of this hotel is the central location and the remodeled rooms. However, Sioux Falls is not that big of a city, so if you are on a road trip like me, it wasn't necessary to stay downtown. I would recommend to stay near the mall and then drive less than 10 mins to get downtown. I thought I would take advantage and visit the restaurants on Phillips, but I arrived fairly late. The rooms are remodeled, so the look of new is nice and I liked the mattress (not too firm, not too soft). The bathrooms are tight (aka. small) and I was disappointed they charge $2.50 a night for parking (just include it in the overall price, please). Overall, a nice stay, but for my needs it would have been fine to stay near the mall.

Room Tip: With any downtown hotel, request the highest floor possible.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Scott G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sioux Falls - City Center, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I would say that staying in the downtown area does offer superior restaurant choices, unique shopping, and access to a great park system. The Mall location on the southern edge of town has different options, but is within 10 minutes of downtown. Either location has plentiful options and we thank you for visiting Sioux Falls.

Been to Holiday Inn Sioux Falls - City Center? Share your experiences!