“Not What it Was ” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Not What it Was ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Stayed here on business a few years ago and gave it 5 stars. Location is great - all the more as it's 100 yds from Phillips Diner which is a must if in town and a 10 minute walk to the falls. Things have just got shabby... My room had peeling paint, AC didn't work, bulb out in the tiny bathroom. Shame. Wouldn't take much to put it right.

Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I come to Sioux Falls 6-8 times per year for business. I used to shop around for my accommodation. No more. This property is located within walking distance of all of my needs. More importantly, the staff cares that I am there. Where I stay is all about the attitude of the staff. Also, the facility is well maintained, the parking is plenty, the amenities are complete. I am glad to know where I stay in Sioux Falls.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Kristiansand, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Good Holiday Inn standard regarding the rooms however, no breakfast not included. Parking house in the facility. Be aware of the rooms to the right of the building with windows facing the entrance - there is quite a lot of noise from the little "power plant" on 2. floor level. Location is very good.

Room Tip: Left side of the building.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Scott G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sioux Falls - City Center, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. We endeavor move your opinion of us from good to great. Please reach out to me during your next planned trip to Sioux Falls.
Verona, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Nothing remarkable to mention here -- pleasant enough service from most of the front desk personnel, clean (but tiny) bathrooms, and nice location -- except for the fact I do need to mention it is the first hotel at which I have ever stayed where I did not hear a peep from the elevator while staying in a room that practically wraps around the elevator bank (Room 409).

(This review re-posted due to delay by TripAdvisor in merging my accounts).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
This looks to be a duplicate posting from your July 30th stay where you rated us a 4 out of 5. Glad to hear that the elevators did not cause any noise issues during your stay and we look forward to your next visit.
Bismarck, North Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Stayed here Fri. & Sat. with my husband and 2 kids (1 yo and 3 yo). It was our first time in Sioux Falls. We were here for a wedding at the Pavilion. We did have to pay to park in the ramp. It was only a couple bucks but in my opinion I shouldn't have to pay for parking at the hotel where I'm staying. Room was clean. Bathroom was small. Our room was across from the elevators and ice machine which I thought would be terrible but we didn't have a problem with noise. Maybe it was because many of the rooms on our floor were family and friends of the wedding party and they were being considerate to each other. Food at the restaurant was good (giant omelets at buffet), the service was bad. Even when the place was empty we waited a long time to get noticed. Then we'd have 2 different waiters at one time. They seemed unorganized. Pool and hot tub were a nice size and temperature. Kids had fun swimming. A bathroom near the pool would have been nice. Quite a distance to the bathroom for 3 yo who has got to go now. I found the staff to be less than helpful but my husband had the opposite experience. Maybe he's cuter than me. ;) Hotel is a great location if you want to check out the downtown area. It was within walking distance to the wedding we attended which was convenient. Would love to come back to Sioux Falls but I'm not sure I'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We appreciate your feedback. Please allow us the opportunity to move your opinion from good to great during your next visit to Sioux Falls please contact me directly.
Tonganoxie, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Very nice hotel, rooms were nice and clean and comfortable! Close to great shops and restaurants. Staff was friendly and recommended places to eat. We are thinking about bringing the whole family here for a vacation. You do have to pay to park but it's only a couple of bucks.

Stayed August 2014
Salem, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

My wife and I stayed one night here, and it was a very pleasant stay. We happened to stay during the "Hot Harley Nights" event. Even though there was a lot of bustling motorcycle traffic all around us, the noise level was actually kept to a minimum since we were on the eighth floor of this hotel. We could barely hear it! The rooms were comfortable and spacious, and from where we were situated we had a wonderful view of the Cathedral of St. Joseph and the federal landmark center. Overall a pleasant stay with first-rate amenities!

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to or at the very top of the hotel for some excellent views of the surrounding...
Green Features: They ask that towels be re-used if staying for more than one night, and they use recycled paper products when they can.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Sioux Falls - City Center? Share your experiences!