“Great Location in the Heart of Downtown” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #27 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
San Clemente, CA
“Great Location in the Heart of Downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I've had several stays at this hotel when visiting for business, and have been more than satisfied each time. The rooms are well appointed and clean. The hotel bar, restaurant and room service offer a good selection. Staff is friendly and professional. The location is very good. The hotel is situated on the downtown Sculpture Walk, and so it is an easy stroll to good restaurants, shopping, and the sculptures that line the street. In addition, it is a short walk to Falls Park, where you can see the falls themselves, or walk or jog along the river path. The only downside is that the rail yard is about half a mile away, and so during the night, train horns can be heard at times. It generally does not bother me, but it might awaken a light sleeper.

Room Tip: Some rooms comes with refrigerators. If you don't like the sound of the motor running in the ni...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Found a nice place to stay downtown Sioux Falls. The hotel is close to the park, which is nice for a morning walk. Really good restaurants within walking distance. We enjoyed a steakhouse named Minerva's. The executive floor upgrade was worth the extra charge and included a breakfast and evening cocktails with apps. Bernie in the hospitality lounge was a delight. Room was clean.

Room Tip: Stay on executive floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on August 27, 2013 for one night. It was very clean and in a nice location for downtown restaurants and shops. We did not have any food there, but enjoyed a couple drinks in the bar and the staff there was great. It is a few blocks from Falls Park, which I would recommend taking in if you have the time, as it is beautiful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

This Hotel was recently remodeled and had very lovely decor. I stayed on the concierge level which was great as they offered breakfast and beverages during my stay. Always nice for a business traveler. The attendant was very friendly.

Although I did not dine at the Hotel, I did have a nice glass of wine in the Lobby bar. It was a lively, yet relaxing atmosphere.

The room was quiet and comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a concierge floor room.
Yankton, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed here as a family before heading to the Washington Pavilion. The staff was friendly and very helpful. We didn't eat at the restaurant but needed something soft (1T.) to feed our son his medication. We were charged $4.00 for a Danon Yogurt. We were hoping explaining our situation they would allow us to take a small scoop off the breakfast buffet but the lady wouldn't. We didn't have a fridge in our room so we weren't able to bring something with to give him his medication. The pool is small but the kids enjoyed it. The rooms were clean and didn't have any issues with noise through walls. The hotel overall is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
npdsgt618
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel in the best part of Sioux Falls-the downtown area. Close to some very nice restaurants and bars. The service is outstanding. Employees bend over backwards to make sure your stay is enjoyable. Rooms are a little tight but fit your needs. The concierge level offers free breakfast and a great happy hour open bar and appetizers during the week. I would definitely recommend staying here if visiting Sioux Falls.

• Stayed August 2013
Lena, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband & I wanted to handle the problem privately but it has been 2 weeks and we haven't had any follow-up from the hotel. Upon check-in, we loved the hotel and its location. After the first night, I noticed blood stains on the sheets similar to those I've seen on-line for bed bugs but we didn't see any bugs. We had the hotel staff change the sheets in case it was from a prior stay and checked ourselves to see if we had any cuts or scrapes that could have caused the stains. We had none. After the second night, we again saw similar stains in different locations on the sheets and this time the bed bugs were there. We immediately informed a housekeeper getting her cart ready next to our room. She tried to say it was bugs from a window and showed no concern to the seriousness of the situation. This really scares me!!! Housekeeping is the first line of defense for these type of problems and if they are uneducated, they only make the problem worse. Next, my husband got a staff member to look inside our room. She denied they were bed bugs until we showed her multiple ones that were red due to being engorged with blood. She could no longer deny the problem. She willingly took our clothing and laundered it using their facilities. My husband and I both showered to rid ourselves of any lingering bugs. Luckily, the ones we saw were only in the first & second infant stages so we didn't have to worry about adults carrying eggs. The staff offered us 2 breakfast vouchers but I think this attempt at reimbursement pales in comparison to the inconvenience the bed bug situation created. We potentially have now infested our vehicle and home with these pests. We have had to take extra precautions in an attempt to prevent an infestation. I feel we should have been reimbursed for all or a majority of our stay. Upon departure, Lindsey at the front desk took down my name and number to follow-up. It has been 2 weeks and not a word. I can understand the pest control they use being busy but 2 weeks? If you take down someone's name and number telling them you will call, you do it!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Scott G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sioux Falls - City Center, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
We take reports of insects seriously take immediate steps to address any issues. Please contact me directly regarding your stay.

Been to Holiday Inn Sioux Falls - City Center? Share your experiences!