“Great staff. Nice hotel for a small city.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #27 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great staff. Nice hotel for a small city.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

This Hotel was recently remodeled and had very lovely decor. I stayed on the concierge level which was great as they offered breakfast and beverages during my stay. Always nice for a business traveler. The attendant was very friendly.

Although I did not dine at the Hotel, I did have a nice glass of wine in the Lobby bar. It was a lively, yet relaxing atmosphere.

The room was quiet and comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a concierge floor room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Yankton, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed here as a family before heading to the Washington Pavilion. The staff was friendly and very helpful. We didn't eat at the restaurant but needed something soft (1T.) to feed our son his medication. We were charged $4.00 for a Danon Yogurt. We were hoping explaining our situation they would allow us to take a small scoop off the breakfast buffet but the lady wouldn't. We didn't have a fridge in our room so we weren't able to bring something with to give him his medication. The pool is small but the kids enjoyed it. The rooms were clean and didn't have any issues with noise through walls. The hotel overall is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
npdsgt618
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel in the best part of Sioux Falls-the downtown area. Close to some very nice restaurants and bars. The service is outstanding. Employees bend over backwards to make sure your stay is enjoyable. Rooms are a little tight but fit your needs. The concierge level offers free breakfast and a great happy hour open bar and appetizers during the week. I would definitely recommend staying here if visiting Sioux Falls.

Lena, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband & I wanted to handle the problem privately but it has been 2 weeks and we haven't had any follow-up from the hotel. Upon check-in, we loved the hotel and its location. After the first night, I noticed blood stains on the sheets similar to those I've seen on-line for bed bugs but we didn't see any bugs. We had the hotel staff change the sheets in case it was from a prior stay and checked ourselves to see if we had any cuts or scrapes that could have caused the stains. We had none. After the second night, we again saw similar stains in different locations on the sheets and this time the bed bugs were there. We immediately informed a housekeeper getting her cart ready next to our room. She tried to say it was bugs from a window and showed no concern to the seriousness of the situation. This really scares me!!! Housekeeping is the first line of defense for these type of problems and if they are uneducated, they only make the problem worse. Next, my husband got a staff member to look inside our room. She denied they were bed bugs until we showed her multiple ones that were red due to being engorged with blood. She could no longer deny the problem. She willingly took our clothing and laundered it using their facilities. My husband and I both showered to rid ourselves of any lingering bugs. Luckily, the ones we saw were only in the first & second infant stages so we didn't have to worry about adults carrying eggs. The staff offered us 2 breakfast vouchers but I think this attempt at reimbursement pales in comparison to the inconvenience the bed bug situation created. We potentially have now infested our vehicle and home with these pests. We have had to take extra precautions in an attempt to prevent an infestation. I feel we should have been reimbursed for all or a majority of our stay. Upon departure, Lindsey at the front desk took down my name and number to follow-up. It has been 2 weeks and not a word. I can understand the pest control they use being busy but 2 weeks? If you take down someone's name and number telling them you will call, you do it!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Scott G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sioux Falls - City Center, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
We take reports of insects seriously take immediate steps to address any issues. Please contact me directly regarding your stay.
Sarasota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Lobby is large and inviting with comfortable seating. A large group was checking in, but the Front Desk was quite quick and efficient. Rooms are clean and nicely updated, but we were disappointed there was no fridge in ours. Beds are very comfortable with a choice of pillow firmness. Bathrooms aren't spacious but serviceable. Verde Lounge quaint and cozy with some wingback chairs; there is a much larger area next to the lounge for gatherings. The restaurant menu also can be ordered in the bar, which is what we did our night there. Chislic was tasty and the burger was very good. There is an attached parking garage although we didn't utilize it; we were able to park outside very near the front doors. A rotating door in the entrance center is pretty worthless if one is carting in luggage, but is OK just walking in/out. Rapid Check-out is very handy when leaving before sunrise.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Southfield, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Nice place, the rooms appear to have been updated recently. The the bath rooms are a bit tired, and could stand to use a face lift. Staff was friendly and helpful. The van drivers were a blast!!! My company puts us up at this property, so I can't speak the the price or value.

Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here one night during a long, cross-country road trip. We paid about the same as we had in other cities. We expected more since Holiday Inn is a well-known chain and we'd been staying in mom and pop places. The bed was nice and the room had a modern look, which is nice, but the amenities were not good. Our hair dryer didn't work, the drains were clogged (gross), and the bathtub was dirty. We told the front desk and they thanked us for the information, but offered no apology. In the morning, we went down to get coffee and a muffin... no luck. The front desk told us to go back to our room to get coffee so we went all the way back only to discover our coffee maker was broken. When we called down to the front desk, she offered us free coffee from the restaurant. We got to the restaurant and waited five minutes for the hostess to get to us (the restaurant was half empty so I'm not sure what she was doing). Fortunately, she told us, we were lucky that breakfast was open two more hours, so we'd be sure not to miss it... I guess we should have thanked her for not making us wait two hours??

• Stayed August 2013
Scott G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sioux Falls - City Center, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We do apologize for not meeting your expectations. Please stop in to see me during your next visit. I want to make sure we exceed your expectations.

Been to Holiday Inn Sioux Falls - City Center? Share your experiences!