My husband & I wanted to handle the problem privately but it has been 2 weeks and we haven't had any follow-up from the hotel. Upon check-in, we loved the hotel and its location. After the first night, I noticed blood stains on the sheets similar to those I've seen on-line for bed bugs but we didn't see any bugs. We had the hotel staff change the sheets in case it was from a prior stay and checked ourselves to see if we had any cuts or scrapes that could have caused the stains. We had none. After the second night, we again saw similar stains in different locations on the sheets and this time the bed bugs were there. We immediately informed a housekeeper getting her cart ready next to our room. She tried to say it was bugs from a window and showed no concern to the seriousness of the situation. This really scares me!!! Housekeeping is the first line of defense for these type of problems and if they are uneducated, they only make the problem worse. Next, my husband got a staff member to look inside our room. She denied they were bed bugs until we showed her multiple ones that were red due to being engorged with blood. She could no longer deny the problem. She willingly took our clothing and laundered it using their facilities. My husband and I both showered to rid ourselves of any lingering bugs. Luckily, the ones we saw were only in the first & second infant stages so we didn't have to worry about adults carrying eggs. The staff offered us 2 breakfast vouchers but I think this attempt at reimbursement pales in comparison to the inconvenience the bed bug situation created. We potentially have now infested our vehicle and home with these pests. We have had to take extra precautions in an attempt to prevent an infestation. I feel we should have been reimbursed for all or a majority of our stay. Upon departure, Lindsey at the front desk took down my name and number to follow-up. It has been 2 weeks and not a word. I can understand the pest control they use being busy but 2 weeks? If you take down someone's name and number telling them you will call, you do it!
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Sioux Falls-City Hotel
- Holiday Inn Sioux Falls-City Hotel Sioux Falls
- Holiday Inn Sioux Falls
- Sioux Falls Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of vibrant & historice downtown Sioux Falls. We are a full service hotel with 290 comfortable guestrooms, complimentary airport shuttle service, a business center and fitness center. Right outside our front door you will find many unique shops and restaurants. Our convenient location offers easy access to the airport, I-90 & I-29. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Sioux Falls - City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.