“Thrilled with Sioux Falls Holiday Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #26 of 48 hotels in Sioux Falls
Fargo, North Dakota, United States
“Thrilled with Sioux Falls Holiday Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We were in Sioux Falls for two nights as a result of weather difficulties that caused our airplane to be on the ground for one day and two nights. The service and the facility were a delight. We were greeted at the airport by the Hotel Shuttle, had our luggage loaded on the van, and nice conversation on the way to the hotel. Once we arrived, we had a delightful experience by Londa at the Front Desk and were quickly into an affordable room with a 5 star feel.

Since I was delayed on business travel, Londa gave us access to the Concierge Floor so my associate and I could make phone calls and review financial statements without interruption. Bernie was a delight for the cocktail service and appetizers in the evening.

Truly a delight to make our weather delay more than bearable!!

I recommend the folks in South Dakota. They know how to serve with a smile...and mean it:-)

Brad

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Scott G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sioux Falls - City Center, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
We are sorry that you got caught up with the weather delays, but most pleased that you selected us to stay with. Thank you for your nice staff comments on Bernie and Londa. Bernie is a special member of our welcoming team here at the Holiday Inn City Centre and works hard to make everyone's stay an enjoyable experience. Look forward to your next stay with us.

210 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Stranded a extra night because of weather is how I found this gem.

They sent the shuttle to the airport to pick me up.

Stephanie was great a check in.

The room was beautiful, everything looks and feels brand new and clean (was told it just under went a multi million dollar renovation), it shows and they nailed it.

Strong water pressure, nice shower head.

The room also has a functional balcony, nice to look out over the city.

Fellow Platinum members of IHG. I have heard about the special floors or rooms for members but this is the first I have experienced first hand, nice extra touch.

I hope you get a chance to met Bernie when you are staying, She is awesome.

Resturant , Bar, pool and fitness center and just about anything you need is all located on site and or in walking distance.

Without reservation I highly recommend any weary travelers from the east to rest here.

Had a fire alarm in middle of the night, I'm glad that works. Thought it was handled great by the staff.

This is going to be my come to place when back in SF !

• Stayed April 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We enjoyed our stay - nice pool area for kids and loved that it stayed open late and opened early. The breakfast was also excellent. It was one of the lower priced motels in the area and when we are back in Sioux Falls, we will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The hotel was newly renovated with a beautiful lobby. The guest room was clean and tidy, everything looked very new. The breakfast buffet was good, with pastries, eggs, sausages and bacon, juice and coffee. We hosted an event at the restaurant on the rooftop. The room provided a panoramic view of the city. The food was also very good. The event rates were reasonable, in fact, the quality of service exceeded our expectations. The staff were also very helpful and friendly.

The hotel was located in the heart of the city. Major banking buildings and the City Hall were just minutes of walk away. It was also only 15 minutes from the Augustana College and the shopping area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ida Grove, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Holiday Inn City Center is exactly that....in the middle of the city...with its own covered parking ramp and easy access from the ramp to the lobby, this Hotel will become a favorite of ours very fast!

Room Tip: As always, stay away from the elevators....they have a bank of 3 of them and on the busy weekends, t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Grand Rapids, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I see a number of average or below reviews, but honestly don't know what people are talking about. I have stayed in this hotel at least 10 times and never had a problem, in fact all stays were good. I stay 50-100 nights a year in hotels so I have some reference. This is my first choice for hotels in Sioux Falls. It is one of the closer hotels to the airport and has a free shuttle.

I am Priority Club Platinum and always recognized as such with an upgrade to the Concierge level on the 9th floor and a bottle of soda or water upon check-in. The club is open for breakfast M-F 6:30-9AM with a good spread. Open for complimentary cocktails and Hors d'Oeuvres M-Th 5:30 - 7PM. I would not pay extra for the Concierge level if you are not there during the week for the food/drinks.

The rooms have been nicely updated. Bedding is standard newer HI issue. Bathrooms as noted are not large, but very adequate for me. It is a pedestal sink with a shelf over the toilet and a very small one on the wall next to the sink. If you want a huge counter to spread out a full beauty salon lineup of products this is not your place :-) The shower has a nice bowed curtain and large showerhead.

The flat screen TV has the newer multitude of hookups for your AV gear if you are into that. There is a nice sized undercounter fridge and microwave. My only pet peeve is lack of plugs. There are two by the TV, but only one open on the desk and none readily accessible by the bed.

The restaurant is your average HI fare, not great but adequate if not inspired to venture out. If you are looking for something more, the hotel is only a couple blocks, easy walking distance from downtown that offers a number of non-chain places to eat and drink.

Overall this hotel has never "wowed" me, but in 10+ stays has never let me down, and I have not found anything wrong. That makes it a solid hotel in my book!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Aberdeen, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I have stayed at this property probably 40 times over 10+ years. It was getting pretty worn out but the prices reflected it's condition. I stay there because of the location, period. The remodeled lobby, bar & elevators are a good start but...on Valentine's Evening the property was very slow and they still stuck me in a room with a view of the roof next door. If i hadnt been exhausted from a long day of travel, I'd have insisted on a different room. Someone's dog was continually yipping, I called the front desk twice, but I finally learned to just ignore it. Both sink & tubs drains were terribly slow and there is absolutely no counterspace in the bathroom, but plenty of dead unusable space. Went down to eat, the restaurant that evening had 2 couples and a half dozen guys in the bar. I ordered a couple of small plates; the chicken was tough as hell and the potatoes cold. I took my cocktail and left the food sit to just go to bed. The coffemaker in the morning didnt work and although the front desk sounded concerned and eager to please, they brought up a (ONE) cup to offset the inconvenience. Really? By then I'd had enough and couldnt wait to get out of there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Scott G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sioux Falls - City Center, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
During your next visit to Sioux Falls please contact me directly so that I can personally ensure your stay exceeds expectations. Renovations of the hotel and mostly complete, but we do have one more round of guest room bathroom renovations planned later this year. Thank you for letting us know areas that we need to improve upon.

Been to Holiday Inn Sioux Falls - City Center? Share your experiences!