“Great location!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Ida Grove, Iowa
“Great location!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Holiday Inn City Center is exactly that....in the middle of the city...with its own covered parking ramp and easy access from the ramp to the lobby, this Hotel will become a favorite of ours very fast!

Room Tip: As always, stay away from the elevators....they have a bank of 3 of them and on the busy weekends, t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Grand Rapids, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I see a number of average or below reviews, but honestly don't know what people are talking about. I have stayed in this hotel at least 10 times and never had a problem, in fact all stays were good. I stay 50-100 nights a year in hotels so I have some reference. This is my first choice for hotels in Sioux Falls. It is one of the closer hotels to the airport and has a free shuttle.

I am Priority Club Platinum and always recognized as such with an upgrade to the Concierge level on the 9th floor and a bottle of soda or water upon check-in. The club is open for breakfast M-F 6:30-9AM with a good spread. Open for complimentary cocktails and Hors d'Oeuvres M-Th 5:30 - 7PM. I would not pay extra for the Concierge level if you are not there during the week for the food/drinks.

The rooms have been nicely updated. Bedding is standard newer HI issue. Bathrooms as noted are not large, but very adequate for me. It is a pedestal sink with a shelf over the toilet and a very small one on the wall next to the sink. If you want a huge counter to spread out a full beauty salon lineup of products this is not your place :-) The shower has a nice bowed curtain and large showerhead.

The flat screen TV has the newer multitude of hookups for your AV gear if you are into that. There is a nice sized undercounter fridge and microwave. My only pet peeve is lack of plugs. There are two by the TV, but only one open on the desk and none readily accessible by the bed.

The restaurant is your average HI fare, not great but adequate if not inspired to venture out. If you are looking for something more, the hotel is only a couple blocks, easy walking distance from downtown that offers a number of non-chain places to eat and drink.

Overall this hotel has never "wowed" me, but in 10+ stays has never let me down, and I have not found anything wrong. That makes it a solid hotel in my book!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Aberdeen, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I have stayed at this property probably 40 times over 10+ years. It was getting pretty worn out but the prices reflected it's condition. I stay there because of the location, period. The remodeled lobby, bar & elevators are a good start but...on Valentine's Evening the property was very slow and they still stuck me in a room with a view of the roof next door. If i hadnt been exhausted from a long day of travel, I'd have insisted on a different room. Someone's dog was continually yipping, I called the front desk twice, but I finally learned to just ignore it. Both sink & tubs drains were terribly slow and there is absolutely no counterspace in the bathroom, but plenty of dead unusable space. Went down to eat, the restaurant that evening had 2 couples and a half dozen guys in the bar. I ordered a couple of small plates; the chicken was tough as hell and the potatoes cold. I took my cocktail and left the food sit to just go to bed. The coffemaker in the morning didnt work and although the front desk sounded concerned and eager to please, they brought up a (ONE) cup to offset the inconvenience. Really? By then I'd had enough and couldnt wait to get out of there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Scott G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sioux Falls - City Center, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
During your next visit to Sioux Falls please contact me directly so that I can personally ensure your stay exceeds expectations. Renovations of the hotel and mostly complete, but we do have one more round of guest room bathroom renovations planned later this year. Thank you for letting us know areas that we need to improve upon.
Wahpeton, ND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Hotel was downtown so it was close to almost anything. Rooms were very nice and clean and had comfortable beds! Appeared to be modern and up to date :) Very nice flat screen TV in room, however rooms lacked a fridge and microwave. Pool area was nice, but rather small. Free ramp parking was available. They do have a restaraunt, but no continental breakfast :(.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Pierre, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Hotel room was nice; appeared recently updated. My biggest disappointment was a pet fee that amounted to 50% of what I paid for my room. Very disappointing for a traveler with a small dog. Did get a king bed upon request and room had a nice flat-screen TV.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Scott G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sioux Falls - City Center, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
We are pleased you selected us for refuge from the blizzard and that we were able to accomodate your four legged family member. We keep the pet fee lower than other hotels in town as we definetely are a pet friendly hotel. We hope to see all of you back again and during better weather.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Our room was comfortable, clean, and quiet. We really like the location close to downtown as well. The covered parking comes in handy when snow is in the forecast. Walking distance to places to eat or grab a drink. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We certainly appreciate your positive comments and look forward to your next stay with us.
Pierre, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Heater was noisy. Bed was nice, but room felt very dated despite recent remodels. Security could be an issue being downtown. Grounds could use more policing for trash, garbage, and junk in the parking lot and surrounding area. It is a good location for downtown events, but did not feel comfortable walking. Many transients and nearby neighborhoods have drug and violence problems.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. We continue to invest in the property and make upgrades. We have another phase of bathroom remodel that will take place later this year. Guest safety is always a top priority and we have an active downtown association that addresses transient concerns with local agencies. We strive to turn your OK into a Great experience.

Been to Holiday Inn Sioux Falls - City Center? Share your experiences!