“Very nice hotel with good location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #23 of 51 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Wahpeton, ND
“Very nice hotel with good location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Hotel was downtown so it was close to almost anything. Rooms were very nice and clean and had comfortable beds! Appeared to be modern and up to date :) Very nice flat screen TV in room, however rooms lacked a fridge and microwave. Pool area was nice, but rather small. Free ramp parking was available. They do have a restaraunt, but no continental breakfast :(.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Pierre, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Hotel room was nice; appeared recently updated. My biggest disappointment was a pet fee that amounted to 50% of what I paid for my room. Very disappointing for a traveler with a small dog. Did get a king bed upon request and room had a nice flat-screen TV.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Scott G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sioux Falls - City Center, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
We are pleased you selected us for refuge from the blizzard and that we were able to accomodate your four legged family member. We keep the pet fee lower than other hotels in town as we definetely are a pet friendly hotel. We hope to see all of you back again and during better weather.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Our room was comfortable, clean, and quiet. We really like the location close to downtown as well. The covered parking comes in handy when snow is in the forecast. Walking distance to places to eat or grab a drink. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We certainly appreciate your positive comments and look forward to your next stay with us.
Pierre, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Heater was noisy. Bed was nice, but room felt very dated despite recent remodels. Security could be an issue being downtown. Grounds could use more policing for trash, garbage, and junk in the parking lot and surrounding area. It is a good location for downtown events, but did not feel comfortable walking. Many transients and nearby neighborhoods have drug and violence problems.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. We continue to invest in the property and make upgrades. We have another phase of bathroom remodel that will take place later this year. Guest safety is always a top priority and we have an active downtown association that addresses transient concerns with local agencies. We strive to turn your OK into a Great experience.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed here for one night so we could park our vehicle for free and get a ride to the airport. The hotel was nice looking and clean, and the staff was excellent. They even helped us save money on the room! We parked our car in the covered garage for about a week, and it worked out perfectly. They drove us to and from the airport, which was very convenient. The only thing i didn't like was the bed..it was really hard! Overall though I definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed January 2013
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed here for work in Feb 2012 and didn't have the greatest experience. The good points - the bed was really comfy and the tv etc was very good. Apart from that I wouldn't stay there again aside from the fact that's its close to our office. The room was pretty basically appointed and I couldn't use some of my drawers as the runners were broken and you couldn't open and close them properly. The WIFI access was sporadic and I had to call the help desk a few times. I couldn't get a corkscrew to open my own bottle of wine without ordering some room service. A few other issues which were really outside their control managed to occur during my visit as well and for the most part the staff did their best to help. I was comfortable and the price was reasonable, that's about the best I can say.

Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Scott G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sioux Falls - City Center, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I see that you actually stayed here back in February, 2012. Since that time the hotel has completed a $5.4 million dollar renovation and we know have all new guest room furnishings. In addition, we upgraded our WIFI system to accomodate all business needs. Please come see us again and experience our much improved hotel.
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in August for business and enjoyed my stay. I had reserved a standard room with a balcony but since my flight arrived so late none were available at 11pm when I finally checked in so they upgraded me to the Concierge Floor.

The hotel and rooms are decorated very nicely. The beds are really comfortable, and they have bath and body works products in the bathroom. The bathroom was kind of small but that's fine with me since I was the only one using the room. They have a bar/lounge on the main floor that is comfortable and service limited food after they stop offering room service.

They only problem I had with my stay was their shuttle service. It took them forever to pick me up from the airport (so long in fact I thought perhaps I was waiting in the wrong place and almost called to confirm I didn't miss them). Then when it was time to leave myself along with a whole team of pilots and flight attendants thought we were going to miss our return flight because the shuttle took so long to pick us up and take us to the airport. Luckily I am pretty sure they were my crew or I probably would have missed my flight.

Other than the hiccup with the shuttle I would certainly stay here again. I have no clue how the breakfast or happy hour was on the Concierge floor because I left to early and returned to late to take advantage of it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Sioux Falls - City Center? Share your experiences!