“I'd stay here again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of American Budget Lodge - Sioux Falls Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sioux Falls
American Budget Lodge - Sioux Falls Inn
You added American Budget Lodge - Sioux Falls Inn to your Saves list
1300 W. Russell St, Sioux Falls, SD 57104 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Ranked #48 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Sioux Falls
“I'd stay here again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

Cheap rooms close to my convention and fast to the airport. In and out easy. Breakfast was ok. Lotsa cable channels. Clean room got extra towels when asked...................................................................................................................................yhanks

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

i stayed here and its the most god awful place to stay. the front desk was nice to us. we get to our room it was clean. after 3 weeks of staying i noticed i was getting bit. i found out the place had bedbugs. i went to tell the front desk, they said they will get someone to come up and spray. it stopped the bedbugs for a little while but they came back 4 days after. so i kept telling them to spray our room, but after awhile when we tell them if they can spray, they never do. another thing is you have to clean your dishes in the closet where they keep the mop water at. it smelled really bad. the housekeepers are the worst. they cleaned our room every thursday. they were keeping up with everything in the room till after maybe 4 wks they havent even vacuumed our room. so our room wasnt vacuumed, dusted or anything. we tell them about cleaning, but lately all they did was put all the things we needed in a bag and tied it to our door handle. its like they dont give a crap about other people besided themselves.if you stay here you will get crapped on. they were kicking people out a lot when we stayed. people are very noisy and they have their own kids running in the hallways. the list just goes on. police are always called there about disturbances and people doing illegal drugs. yeah they have cheap rooms but i would advise to go somewhere else for better service and room quality.

Room Tip: choose around the airport or on 41st street.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Sioux Falls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Clean room and friendly service. Free breakfast and internet was nice. It was cheap and what I was looking for.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

I am a pretty rugged motorcycle type. I've traveled the world and I would say this was the worst place ever. First it was expensive, I didn't move on because I was exhausted and it was cold. The Russian receptionist couldn't have been less friendly. When I got to my room there were semi's idling and it smelled like cigarettes and urine. The neighborhood was way sketchy. The air outside smelled of feedlots and had the freeway noise and idling semis. I am ashamed that I didn't go back and demand my money back. I really needed a shower after leaving that hole as I was not going to set foot in the bathroom with bare feet.

Room Tip: Find one at least a mile or two away from this place
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

This place was dirty. The lobby stunk and to be honest I should have known better. The $57 room drew me in. The first room had a roach in the bathtub. They did give us a better one (I guess it was better). It was not a great stay. I would advise against it...

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Spencer, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

First of all took 20 minutes to get check in, walking in, there was garbage all over the place outside, got to our room and it stunk, the floors were dirty, then i lay my bags on bed and the headboard fell off OMG, so i told the front desk and she said maintance will come fix it,... shower time well no water pressure no hot water, wow what a surprise. well again maintaince will come look into it, day 2- ask the house keeper to get some clean towels in the morning well got my BUTT chewed out for asking, said i need to return the towels in room before i get clean one, well if you would clean our room we would have new towels, had to talk to owner its 10pm and still no towels, went outside to smoke and the person working the front desk was making a drug deal out front good size bag i must say.... so in conclusion DO NOT EVEN WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THE PLACE. WE WILL BE CALLING DEPT OF HEALTH AND WHATEVER ELSE WE CAN DO TO GET PLACE SHUT DOWN....

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

For starters, the room was very dirty. There was garbage still in the room from previous guests, the carpet was filty, and overall cleanliness of the room was lousy at best. The room smelled terrible and it just got worse as bedtime approached. The blankets had burn holes and were covered in hair. We had to repeatedly ask for clean towels that were never brought to us. The staff was very unfriendly and didn't seem to want to help at all. The continental breakfast was a joke. There was a disgusting wafflemaker and NO MILK!!! There was cereal available but no milk. There was a jug for juice for all to share which seems rather unsanitary considering there was no lid. This was by far the worst place I have ever stayed. The "fitness center" was a complete joke. There is an ab machine from the 80's and a bike. The internet was slow and was not even a private wireless internet source. I got a better signal from the Ramada across the street than from what the front desk told me to log onto. I think it would be in anyone's best interest to spend the extra money for a decent room.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to American Budget Lodge - Sioux Falls Inn? Share your experiences!