“I'd stay here again” 5 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sioux Falls
American Budget Lodge - Sioux Falls Inn
1300 W. Russell St, Sioux Falls, SD 57104 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Ranked #47 of 48 hotels in Sioux Falls
Sioux Falls
“I'd stay here again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

Cheap rooms close to my convention and fast to the airport. In and out easy. Breakfast was ok. Lotsa cable channels. Clean room got extra towels when asked...................................................................................................................................yhanks

• Stayed November 2012

16 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

i stayed here and its the most god awful place to stay. the front desk was nice to us. we get to our room it was clean. after 3 weeks of staying i noticed i was getting bit. i found out the place had bedbugs. i went to tell the front desk, they said they will get someone to come up and spray. it stopped the bedbugs for a little while but they came back 4 days after. so i kept telling them to spray our room, but after awhile when we tell them if they can spray, they never do. another thing is you have to clean your dishes in the closet where they keep the mop water at. it smelled really bad. the housekeepers are the worst. they cleaned our room every thursday. they were keeping up with everything in the room till after maybe 4 wks they havent even vacuumed our room. so our room wasnt vacuumed, dusted or anything. we tell them about cleaning, but lately all they did was put all the things we needed in a bag and tied it to our door handle. its like they dont give a crap about other people besided themselves.if you stay here you will get crapped on. they were kicking people out a lot when we stayed. people are very noisy and they have their own kids running in the hallways. the list just goes on. police are always called there about disturbances and people doing illegal drugs. yeah they have cheap rooms but i would advise to go somewhere else for better service and room quality.

Room Tip: choose around the airport or on 41st street.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Sioux Falls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Clean room and friendly service. Free breakfast and internet was nice. It was cheap and what I was looking for.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

I am a pretty rugged motorcycle type. I've traveled the world and I would say this was the worst place ever. First it was expensive, I didn't move on because I was exhausted and it was cold. The Russian receptionist couldn't have been less friendly. When I got to my room there were semi's idling and it smelled like cigarettes and urine. The neighborhood was way sketchy. The air outside smelled of feedlots and had the freeway noise and idling semis. I am ashamed that I didn't go back and demand my money back. I really needed a shower after leaving that hole as I was not going to set foot in the bathroom with bare feet.

Room Tip: Find one at least a mile or two away from this place
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

This place was dirty. The lobby stunk and to be honest I should have known better. The $57 room drew me in. The first room had a roach in the bathtub. They did give us a better one (I guess it was better). It was not a great stay. I would advise against it...

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

DO NOT STAY HERE! I wish I would have thought to check out the reviews sooner. Yes, this place is cheap. $150 per week for a single bed, but take your money elsewhere and pay a little extra. It will be worth it, trust me! Where do I begin! .. I just moved to Sioux Falls and had yet to find an apartment so I ended up staying here just short of two weeks.. The first room I was assigned was filthy, posibbly not cleaned at all. There was trash, dust, toy cars, a broken locket, several various pieces of garbage strewn all around. Several broken items such as lights, shower rod, etc.. There was also a dirty, used towel and wash cloth just hanging in the bathroom. I thought you get what you pay for and didn't complain.. Then a couple days later, I began to notice several red, itchy bumps appearing all over my body. I assumed they were just mosquito bites as it was summer, even though I was rarely outside. Approximately two days later, I then noticed, killed, and captured a BED BUG. I notified the front desk. They had a housekeeper come inspect my room and she found another dead bed bug, along with the one I had already captured. She confirmed that my room was, in fact, infested with bed bugs. I told the front desk that I was going to need a refund or a free stay, that's the least that they could do. They offered me a free stay, or so I thought, in a different room and told me to wash my clothes and take a shower. I switched rooms. Hauling basically everything I owned down flights of stairs was not easy I might add. Thought the room was slightly cleaner than the previous, until I walked on the carpet barefoot. My feet turned BLACK. The entire carpet was covered in sticky filth. It was disgusting! I had to wear my shoes the entire time I was there. I was then informed that they had no idea what I was speaking of, that the room was not free. I WOULD NOT HAVE STAYED THERE IF THAT WAS THE CASE. Considering they already had my credit card number, I reluctantly paid for another week. I ended up checking out a day early even though I had already paid for the whole week. I couldn't take being there another day! I assumed the $50 deposit I had paid would automatically be credited back to my card.. But no. Waited a few days, and called to see what the deal was. They gave me the runaround for weeks on end. I made SEVERAL phone calls and visits to the motel before finally getting my deposit back 3 weeks after having checked out. This owners walk around barefoot and just hang out around the hotel, have cookouts outside like its one big party. I have never written a review, but this place just truly disgusted me. IT NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Spencer, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

First of all took 20 minutes to get check in, walking in, there was garbage all over the place outside, got to our room and it stunk, the floors were dirty, then i lay my bags on bed and the headboard fell off OMG, so i told the front desk and she said maintance will come fix it,... shower time well no water pressure no hot water, wow what a surprise. well again maintaince will come look into it, day 2- ask the house keeper to get some clean towels in the morning well got my BUTT chewed out for asking, said i need to return the towels in room before i get clean one, well if you would clean our room we would have new towels, had to talk to owner its 10pm and still no towels, went outside to smoke and the person working the front desk was making a drug deal out front good size bag i must say.... so in conclusion DO NOT EVEN WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THE PLACE. WE WILL BE CALLING DEPT OF HEALTH AND WHATEVER ELSE WE CAN DO TO GET PLACE SHUT DOWN....

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Been to American Budget Lodge - Sioux Falls Inn? Share your experiences!