“Nice folks, great value” 3 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn Empire to your Saves list
Days Inn Empire
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3401 Gateway Boulevard, Sioux Falls, SD 57106   |
Ranked #30 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
“Nice folks, great value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010 via mobile

This is an older hotel but is well maintained with updated bathroom. Great hotel for the price. Very basic no frills or extras. No plugin for computer, no wifi. Paid $56 with coupon from travel book. Wee stayed here based on rave reviews on trip advisor. Really didn't warrant those reviews. Breakfast was donuts, cereal,waffles you had to mix youself and coffee with only standard creamer. A good value Days Inn with friendly staff - that's it.

• Stayed November 2010
generalmanager4, General Manager at Days Inn Empire, responded to this review, November 29, 2010
Thank you for staying with the Days Inn Empire during your recent trip. I am sorry that we did not have a plug-in for your computer. We are working on installing some power strips on the desks to provide more plug-ins for our guests. I am not sure if our wireless internet was not working when you were here but we do provide free wi-fi in all of our guestrooms. I am sorry that our waffle batter is not already pre-mixed but our city health department will not allow us to mix the batter unless we have a restaurant license and all of the other criteria that come along with the restaurant license. Having our guests mix their own waffle batter is one way that we can still offer the waffles without having to get the restaurant license. I am glad to hear that my staff was friendly during your stay. We take a great deal of pride in providing a clean room and friendly service to our guests. If there is ever anyone you know that is coming to Sioux Falls and needs a place to stay, I would appreciate you referring them to the Days Inn Empire. I appreciate your business, if there is ever anything you need, please let me know.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

We were tired when we reached the Days Inn, as we had been flying and then driving since sun up. We were kindly greeted, and the check in was quick. Our room was nice and quiet, and a straight shot up the back entrance stairwell. The Inn is in a great location, there are many dining options in the area, and not far from downtown. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean for the most part. A few surfaces appeared a little dusty, but we didn't mind. Since we're always late to rise, the cont. breakfast didn't have much left for us, but that was ok too. They had a nice full ice machine in the morning which was great since we had a cooler in tow. Check out was quick and we were on our way!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
CarolMakoui, General Manager at Days Inn Empire, responded to this review, November 5, 2010
Thank you for staying with the Days Inn Empire during your recent trip. I am sorry to hear that there was some dust in your room and that the breakfast was depleted when you arrived in the breakfast room. I will be sure to speak with my staff about these issues so that we can all try to improve. I am glad that you were greeted kindly and that the check in went quick. I am also glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of our ice machine. I hope that you were able to eat at one of the many restaurants within close proximity of the Days Inn Empire. If there is ever anyone you know that is coming to Sioux Falls and needs a place to stay, I would appreciate you referring them to the Days Inn Empire. I appreciate your business, if there is ever anything you need, please let me know.
Minneapolis MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

My partner and I stayed here on the first night of our 2 week road trip into the West. The room was clean and adequate for a nights stay with our two dogs. Front desk staff was pleasant and efficient on check in. The bathroom exhaust fan was about to fail and was extremely loud. Parking is tight and we had to park at the opposite end of property from our room in a tight spot and had a long walk. This property is conveniently located and is a good value for overnight stays

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with the Days Inn Empire during your trip to the West. I am glad to hear that my front desk staff was pleasant and efficient during check in. I am sorry that the exhaust fan in your room was loud. We will try to get that fixed or replaced. If there is ever anyone you know that is coming to Sioux Falls and needs a place to stay, I would appreciate you referring them to the Days Inn Empire. I appreciate your business, if there is ever anything you need, please let me know.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

They didn't have any king non-smoking rooms available, but they did have a king suite (room 200) available for $96. plus tax. Great value - the room was huge and had a living room/sitting area in addition to the area where the king bed was. Two TVs, fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Everything was sparkling clean. The only thing is the room faced the street and we were concerned about any noise - with the a/c fan we heard nothing. Slept great. Also we went to the Gateway Casino and Bar for a drink - that was a fun spot that was conveniently located within a short walk just across the street. Good value there too.
We were very happy with our choice and would stay again if given the chance.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
CarolMakoui, General Manager at Days Inn Empire, responded to this review, September 16, 2010
Thank you for staying with the Days Inn Empire during your trip to Sioux Falls. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in our Business Class Suite. I am proud of my housekeeping staff on the job they do. They work hard but still care a great deal about our guests. I agree with you that the Gateway Lounge is a fun spot and is very convenient. If there is ever anyone you know that is coming to Sioux Falls and needs a place to stay, I would appreciate you referring them to the Days Inn Empire. I appreciate your business, if there is ever anything you need, please let me know.
Lake Preston, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

We have stayed in this motel a number of times due to medical appointments at a local hospital. The staff are always very accomodating. We have always been happy with the sleeping accomodations and bathroom. You can't beat the price.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
CarolMakoui, General Manager at Days Inn Empire, responded to this review, August 9, 2010
Thank you for staying with the Days Inn Empire during your trips to Sioux Falls for medical appointments. I am glad to hear that my staff is accommodating and that the beds are always good. It is always great to see you and to be able to offer the medical rates to you. If there is ever anyone you know that is coming to Sioux Falls and needs a place to stay, I would appreciate you referring them to the Days Inn Empire. I appreciate your business, if there is ever anything you need, please let me know.
Tucson, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

We have stayed at this Days Inn several times in the past several years. We always are welcomed by a friendly staff, and also they are very helpful. We recommend staying here whenever you are in Sioux Falls.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with the Days Inn Empire during your most recent trip through Sioux Falls. It is great to hear that my staff is always very welcoming and helpful when you stay with us. If there is ever anyone you know that is coming to Sioux Falls and needs a place to stay, I would appreciate you referring them to the Days Inn Empire. I appreciate your business, if there is ever anything you need, please let me know.
Northfield, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

It was a great pit stop for us. We were traveling from MN to Mt Rushmore. We decided to stay in Sioux Falls for one night, so the traveling in the car was not so much for the young children in one day. The staff were able to direct us to the Falls Park without a problem, provided a map for us to follow. The hotel provided us a great breakfast in the morning with cereal, french toast, waffles, milk, juices, coffee.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
CarolMakoui, General Manager at Days Inn Empire, responded to this review, July 1, 2010
Thank you for staying with the Days Inn Empire during your recent trip through Sioux Falls. It is great to hear that my staff was able to provide directions to Falls Park. I hope you enjoyed the falls. They are very beautiful since we have had all of the rain recently. I am also glad that you enjoyed our breakfast. We are trying to provide different items that our guests will enjoy so if you have any suggestions please let me know. If there is ever anyone you know that is coming to Sioux Falls and needs a place to stay, I would appreciate you referring them to the Days Inn Empire. I appreciate your business, if there is ever anything you need, please let me know.

Been to Days Inn Empire? Share your experiences!