“Great value, sparkling clean rooms and polite staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 3, Save 20%
Ranked #30 of 48 hotels in Sioux Falls
San Francisco, California
“Great value, sparkling clean rooms and polite staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

They didn't have any king non-smoking rooms available, but they did have a king suite (room 200) available for $96. plus tax. Great value - the room was huge and had a living room/sitting area in addition to the area where the king bed was. Two TVs, fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Everything was sparkling clean. The only thing is the room faced the street and we were concerned about any noise - with the a/c fan we heard nothing. Slept great. Also we went to the Gateway Casino and Bar for a drink - that was a fun spot that was conveniently located within a short walk just across the street. Good value there too.
We were very happy with our choice and would stay again if given the chance.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
CarolMakoui, General Manager at Days Inn Empire, responded to this review, September 16, 2010
Thank you for staying with the Days Inn Empire during your trip to Sioux Falls. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in our Business Class Suite. I am proud of my housekeeping staff on the job they do. They work hard but still care a great deal about our guests. I agree with you that the Gateway Lounge is a fun spot and is very convenient. If there is ever anyone you know that is coming to Sioux Falls and needs a place to stay, I would appreciate you referring them to the Days Inn Empire. I appreciate your business, if there is ever anything you need, please let me know.

189 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Lake Preston, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

We have stayed in this motel a number of times due to medical appointments at a local hospital. The staff are always very accomodating. We have always been happy with the sleeping accomodations and bathroom. You can't beat the price.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
CarolMakoui, General Manager at Days Inn Empire, responded to this review, August 9, 2010
Thank you for staying with the Days Inn Empire during your trips to Sioux Falls for medical appointments. I am glad to hear that my staff is accommodating and that the beds are always good. It is always great to see you and to be able to offer the medical rates to you. If there is ever anyone you know that is coming to Sioux Falls and needs a place to stay, I would appreciate you referring them to the Days Inn Empire. I appreciate your business, if there is ever anything you need, please let me know.
Tucson, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

We have stayed at this Days Inn several times in the past several years. We always are welcomed by a friendly staff, and also they are very helpful. We recommend staying here whenever you are in Sioux Falls.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with the Days Inn Empire during your most recent trip through Sioux Falls. It is great to hear that my staff is always very welcoming and helpful when you stay with us. If there is ever anyone you know that is coming to Sioux Falls and needs a place to stay, I would appreciate you referring them to the Days Inn Empire. I appreciate your business, if there is ever anything you need, please let me know.
Northfield, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

It was a great pit stop for us. We were traveling from MN to Mt Rushmore. We decided to stay in Sioux Falls for one night, so the traveling in the car was not so much for the young children in one day. The staff were able to direct us to the Falls Park without a problem, provided a map for us to follow. The hotel provided us a great breakfast in the morning with cereal, french toast, waffles, milk, juices, coffee.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
CarolMakoui, General Manager at Days Inn Empire, responded to this review, July 1, 2010
Thank you for staying with the Days Inn Empire during your recent trip through Sioux Falls. It is great to hear that my staff was able to provide directions to Falls Park. I hope you enjoyed the falls. They are very beautiful since we have had all of the rain recently. I am also glad that you enjoyed our breakfast. We are trying to provide different items that our guests will enjoy so if you have any suggestions please let me know. If there is ever anyone you know that is coming to Sioux Falls and needs a place to stay, I would appreciate you referring them to the Days Inn Empire. I appreciate your business, if there is ever anything you need, please let me know.
Stillwater, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010

I drove from the Twin Cities for my sister's surgery at Sanford Hospital. The Days Inn location was perfect for this. The people there were very, very nice to us. I especially want to thank Matt, Michele and Diane for making my long stay comfortable and safe.
If you or someone you are traveling with have a medical condition, request a room on the first floor because there isn't an elevator.

• Stayed June 2010
CarolMakoui, General Manager at Days Inn Empire, responded to this review, August 10, 2010
Thank you for staying with the Days Inn Empire during your trip to Sioux Fallsyou’re your sisters surgery. I hope that she is doing better. I am glad to hear that my staff members were very nice to you. If there is ever anyone you know that is coming to Sioux Falls and needs a place to stay, I would appreciate you referring them to the Days Inn Empire. I appreciate your business, if there is ever anything you need, please let me know.
Rapid City, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

My husband and I have stayed here many times on both business and pleasure trips. We have never been disappointed. Recently, while travelling with my elderly mother, I made a reservation to stay here through an online reservation system instead of directly through the Days Inn itself (which is my normal practice). When I arrived, I was told the reservation was for a smoking room even though my confirmation showed non smoking. This just was not acceptable. Though I was sent to check out a smoking room that was passable, the manager worked some other reservations to allow us to stay in a non smoking room on the first floor. Thank you so much. We will be there again. Your accommodations are always excellent!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
CarolMakoui, General Manager at Days Inn Empire, responded to this review, June 10, 2010
Thank you for staying with the Days Inn Empire during your recent trip to Sioux Falls. I am glad to hear that you have stayed with us several times for both business and pleasure. I remember when you checked in and I am glad that I was able to move some things around and give you a non-smoking room. Please always try to make your reservations through the hotel directly or via our Days Inn website so that we can assure you of the correct type of room. I would greatly appreciate any and all referrals that you would send to my property. I appreciate your business, if there is ever anything you need, please let me know.

Pahrump
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2010

We just checked into this hotel with a dog. While they do not advertise a pet fee on their site they do charge $10.00 plus tax per pet. It is posted on the register as you check in. They were very nice and waived the fee and put us in a dog room. The room needed very deep cleaning, the chair was so filthy and torn that we could not bring bring ourselves to sit in it. We requested a room change and after seeing the room, were very happy to do so. The hotel in general is old and in need of updating and deep cleaning. The help is very accommodating. I have a hard time believing in the rating Days Inn gives them. It is hardly a hotel worthy of their top award. I would not recommend it.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with the Days Inn Empire during your recent trip to Sioux Falls. I am very sorry to hear that our accommodations were not up to our high standards. I am sorry that the chair was torn and very dirty. I am glad that my staff was accommodating and was able to find you a better room. I want you to know that we are working hard and trying to deep clean every room at least one time per quarter so that this type of thing does not happen in the future. I also want to thank you for your comments about the pet fee and the fact that it does not say that there is a fee for the pet on our Days Inn website. It should and I will call and try to get this changed so that it will not cause confusion in the future.

Been to Days Inn Empire? Share your experiences!