“The staff were very nice. The carpet really needs to be...” 4 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn Empire to your Saves list
Days Inn Empire
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3401 Gateway Boulevard, Sioux Falls, SD 57106   |
Ranked #34 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Blaine, Minnesota, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Trip Advisor reviews helped us decide on Days Inn. We're also members of Wyndham rewards & the points needed to redeem a room were reasonable. Because of the point value I wasn't sure what to expect but was pleasantly surprised by the well kept appearance. The problem of not enough outlets was solved by management when we found several power strips in the room! Great Idea, I'm going to bring my own from now on. Breakfast was nothing fancy but there was ready oatmeal [in a slow cooker, not instant], omelets & waffles for those that need hot food. Granted omelets were perfectly round but hey, there were there. Waffle with some peanut butter hit the spot that day! I'll stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I was in town for a meeting my wife and a friend stayed there over night. When we checked in the staff were nice. When we got in the room I was happy that they had flat screen tvs to connect my other laptop to watch movies when I got done with a meeting. I the building is outdated needs a update wifi was ok. Went to plug my laptop in the plug would not stay in the wall. Shower head had some red stuff on it. That A/C was loud and with the A/C on the lowest setting it didn't keep the room cool. Breakfast wasn't the best the omelets they tasted like they were siting around over night. The bathrooms were tiny. Best thing was it was easy to find.. The room was over priced. Would I say there again if they did updates but probably not..

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Easy to find, right off of I-29. Great location on the a major street close to everything. Room was very clean and the water was hot. Smaller room with desk area on the back side of the hotel was very quite and had great access to the parking lot. Breakfast was pretty good and the breakfast area was very clean. Definitely will use them again.

Room Tip: South side room was very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Windom, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

The best part of the stay was the front desk person....she was very nice. The cleanliness of the room was totally lacking...I am a housekeeper at a hotel and I would be firing my housekeepers for not doing their job. There was hair stuck to the wall of the shower the bathroom room floor had sand/gravel all over it, the carpet was not vacummed found toe nails and more gravel/sand, the night stand had something sticky on it I washed off and the pillowcases had stains along with the comforter and the bed skirt had food stains on it. Looked very nice walking in great breakfast area the bed was also very comfortable.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
onida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

After I got to my room, the front desk person called to see if my room was ok! Very nice! Always have a good breakfast, rooms are clean, hotel is quiet! Great location to shopping, eating, hospitals etc. Why stay anywhere else?!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn Empire? Share your experiences!