“Staff was friendly and accomidating. We had a couple of...” 5 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn Empire to your Saves list
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3401 Gateway Boulevard, Sioux Falls, SD 57106   |
Ranked #29 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Phoenix
“Staff was friendly and accomidating. We had a couple of...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Staff was friendly and accomidating. We had a couple of problem which, was
our own fault. Left the do not disturb sign out and the room was't cleaned. We had connecting rooms and once left the night latch on but the door was
open and they could've seen nobody there and cleaned the room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

MattBrunick, General Manager at Days Inn Empire, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear S. W.

Thank you for staying with us once again during your recent trip. I hope you enjoyed your time in South Dakota this year. I appreciate your business each year and look forward to you coming back. I am sorry about the room not getting cleaned, but with the DND sign on the door, we do not clean the rooms. My housekeeping staff even came down to ask if they should clean it, but I advised them not to since the sign was on the door. I do apologize for the confusion on this.

Once again, thank you for staying with the Days Inn Empire. I appreciate your continued business and look forward to seeing you next year.

Safe Travels,
Matt

3401 Gateway Blvd
Sioux Falls, SD 57106
605-361-9240
mbrunick@kinseth.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Plattsmouth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

GOOD: Great Price, Clean, Friendly Desk Help, Close To Tons of Eating Establishments, New Carpet in Room, Breakfast Room Well Stocked. Yes, I'd stay there again.
NEEDS WORK: Weird smell (maybe from the carpet), 18 Cigarette burns in the recliner (non smoking room), Shower curtain rod angles down causing the curtain to stay open on both ends about 1 foot (about 1/2 gallon of water on floor, one electrical outlet didn't work.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

MattBrunick, General Manager at Days Inn Empire, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear B.B.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with the Days Inn Empire. I am happy to hear that you found your room to be clean and at an affordable price. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed the location of our hotel and that I have a great front desk staff. We work hard to provide clean rooms and friendly service to all of our guests. I do apologize for the burns in your recliner. We will be getting some new recliners next year, so I will be sure to replace that chair. I will also make sure that my maintenance man fixes the shower rod in that room. Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention, so that we can get them fixed.

I appreciate your business and your comments. Your feedback will help us to improve our hotel.

Happy Travels,
Matt

3401 Gateway Blvd
Sioux Falls, SD 57106
605-361-9240
mbrunick@kinseth.com
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We arrived without a reservation about 6 PM and received a nice room--quite small but clean and comfortable. We had a good bed, desk, nice linens, wifi, excellent breakfast, micro, frig. It seemed a bit nicer than the average Days Inn. Only downside, there was no elevator and no rooms available on the ground floor so we had to carry all our bags upstairs---pretty hard for senior citizens. Truthfully, if we had arrived earlier, we probably could have had a downstairs room. We felt the room was a bit overpriced since the motel is a bit older and worn but we were happy to have a nice room at the last minute.

Room Tip: If you need help with luggage request a ground floor room---no elevator.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
MattBrunick, General Manager at Days Inn Empire, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear hotgrandmacwt

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with the Sioux Falls Days Inn Empire. I am happy that we had a room for you when you arrived in town. I am glad that you enjoyed the nice bed, desk, linens, wifi, micro-fridge and breakfast. I am sorry that we don't have an elevator, but we do always try to honor our guests requests for first floor if at all possible. If you come back and make reservations in advance, just let us know that you would like first floor. We will do our best to accommodate that request.

Matt Brunick

Been to Days Inn Empire? Share your experiences!