“Nice to stay while on Business” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #33 of 51 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Yankton, South Dakota, United States
“Nice to stay while on Business”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

It was a nice place to stay while on business. Great location as it is right across street from Perkins, Gas Station, Pub, and not too far from the Mall. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Liked having a fridge in the room. Very quite and comfortable bed. Had to print some things and they didn't charge for paper which was awesome, however the computer need to be updated.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
MattBrunick, General Manager at Days Inn Empire, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear TJG7911

Thank you for taking the time to post a review in regards to your recent stay with the Days Inn Empire in Sioux Falls, SD. It is always nice to hear when we do a good job. I am glad that you enjoyed the in room refrigerators and the comfortable bed. I agree with you that we are in a great location since we are so close to the Gateway Lounge, Perkins and the Empire Mall. I am glad that we were able to help you with your printing needs but do apologize that our lobby computer needs to be updated. I will see what I can do to get this updated.

Thank you once again for staying with the Days Inn Empire. I would certainly appreciate any referrals you can send our way.

mbrunick@kinseth.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Leavenworth, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

The hotel was clean and comfortable and the front desk was friendly and the check in process was very swift and easy. The bed was comfortable and the shower head worked well. I like the remote control air conditioning as well as a good selection of television channels. There was a micro/fridge in the room along with a desk and chair. The only down side was the room was very small and the bathroom had no counter space. I would stay there again as the room was definitely worth the price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
MattBrunick, General Manager at Days Inn Empire, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Robsdaman

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at the Days Inn Empire in Sioux Falls, SD. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found my staff to be pleasant and efficient. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed the remote for the air conditioner, that the bed was comfortable and that you were able to make use of the microwave and refrigerator that we have in all of our rooms. I am sorry that the room was small and that the bathroom did not have much counter space. I am not sure which room you stayed in but it might have been our "economy" size rooms which are smaller rooms than most of our more standard size rooms. Once again, thank you for staying at the Days Inn Empire in Sioux Falls, SD and for taking the time to post your comments in regards to your stay.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Booked through priceline which promises double occupancy rooms. I was given a single queen room and told "2 people can sleep in a queen bed." True, but what if were 2 people who didn't want to sleep together. I understand booking through a 3rd party can be a roll of the dice, but I use priceline a lot, and this was the first time this happened. So I protested, and I was "upgraded" to a 2 queen room for an additional $10 charge. Upon entering the room, a noticeable urine-like smell was present. The room was small. The beds were 2 different heights, and the lower one was much less comfortable (sorry kids). Breakfast was less-than-average - a waffle maker, coffee, 2 choices of cereal and some juice. Not bad, but they could improve. Decent location, right off I-29. Overall a serviceable hotel, but I'd try another place next time through Sioux Falls.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
MattBrunick, General Manager at Days Inn Empire, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear ptclough

I am sorry to hear about your stay with the Days Inn Empire in Sioux Falls. I am sorry that the reservation that was made for you through Priceline.com was not what you had hoped for. We do charge extra for rooms with two queen beds and that is why we did offer to upgrade to the room with two beds for a charge of $10.00 + tax. I am sorry that the room had a smell of urine and that the beds were two different heights. I will look into both of these issues and make sure we get them resolved. Thank you for your comments in regards to our breakfast, we have been trying to upgrade our breakfast by adding hard boiled eggs, yogurt, and scones but I guess we need to keep looking to improve it.

Please let me know if you have any other concerns or suggestions on how we can improve our hotel. Thank you for staying with us.

Scottsdale
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The Good: Walk across the street to Perkins restaurant; easy access to I-29; drive across the freeway bridge to Empire Mall and many restaurants; recliner, fridge & microwave in my upgraded queen room. Friendly, professional staff. Breakfast was standard fare plus make-your-own waffles. Only Raisin Bran and Froot Loops for cereal (how about some unsugared corn flakes???). Good ice machine and good water pressure in shower (but see Ugly below). Wi-Fi signal/speed was okay in my room fairly close to the front desk. Don’t know about signal in end rooms.

The Bad: My “upgraded” single queen room was rather small. Some of the towels (including all my bath towels) are getting threadbare and scratchy. The carpet was damp.

The Ugly: There was a pink substance growing on the shower head. I assume it was some sort of fungus, although not the flesh-eating kind since all my flesh is still intact.

For a longer stay I would go someplace else, but for one night and a good price, it’s okay.

Room Tip: The front desk clerk said the rooms with two beds are much larger. My single queen was very small.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
MattBrunick, General Manager at Days Inn Empire, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear BJDealer

Thank you for staying with the Days Inn Empire in Sioux Falls, SD. I am sorry to hear that you found a pink substance on your shower head. I will be sure to let my maintenance man know about this so that he can go through every room to ensure we get this issue resolved. I also do apologize that the towels were scratchy. We just received 5 dozen new bath towels and 10 dozen new hand towels. I will be sure to have housekeeping go through and pull out the bad towels that we may have. I am glad that you enjoyed the recliner, microwave, refrigerator, and water pressure in the shower. I will take your comments into consideration in regards to the cereal and see if we can find some corn flakes or some sort on non-sugar cereal.

Thank you again for your comments and suggestions. I once again do apologize for the pink substance on you shower head but I do appreciate you letting me know so that we can get this issue resolved.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

The check-in went very well. The person behind the desk was very friendly and efficient. She was also very helpful in directing me to a nearby mall to make a needed purchase. The motel is located in a nice neighborhood - taking a wlk with my coffee in the morning I saw a number of people out walking their dogs or jogging. The continental breakfast was adequate. The only downside to staying here was that the carpeting in our room was in real need of being cleaned. Walking on it in bare feet caused our feet to be blackened. This may have been due to a shortage of help since I saw a sign in their window advertising for cleaning personnel.

Room Tip: This is a quiet motel. Our room was on the first floor near the lobby and we weren't disturbed a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jay1994_11

Thank you for staying with the Days Inn Empire in Sioux Falls, SD. I am glad that your check-in went smooth and my staff was helpful and friendly. We take a great deal of pride in providing great customer service and clean accommodations. I am sorry to hear that your carpet was dirty. We have a gentleman that comes in on a monthly basis to clean carpets, so I will make sure to let him know that we have received a complaint. Would you please let me know what room you stayed in, so that we can ensure we get this room cleaned properly?

Thank you once again for staying with us and I do apologize for the carpet being dirty. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide accommodations to you if you are ever Sioux Falls again.

Armour, South Dakota, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Internite site advertised rooms starting at $69.00. We were charged $87.00. When I asked about the cheaper room, was told they were all taken. Our room was small, with 1 Queen bed. After we brought in our luggage we had very little room to move about. How much smaller would the $69.00 room be? The room smelled of cigarette smoke. When I turned back the bed spread there was a large brown smear on it, so I didn't want to use it. When the A/C kicked on it got very cold and noisy in the room and I woke up every time it kicked on. When it wasn't running the room became warm and stuffy, and the smell of cigarette smoke was worse. My daughter and I got very little sleep that night. When I checked out, I mentioned the smell of cigarette smoke and the desk clerk acted at thought this was the first time they had received that complaint. Maybe the hotel manager should read a few of these reviews. When I checked out I noticed that I was charged for the use of the safe, which I didn't. I really wished I had spent an additional $20 and got a better hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
MattBrunick, General Manager at Days Inn Empire, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Dear Karen C.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with the Days Inn Empire. Please contact me to discuss your stay, so that I can try to make this right with you. I am not sure about the rate issue with the internet, but I can definitely remove the safe charge from your bill, but I need to here from you so that I can find your bill and get that safe charge removed.

Please contact me at 605-361-9240.

Once again, I do apologize for your stay and look forward to speaking with you and trying to resolve some of the issues that you had.

Mankato
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Rooms are very clean, staff are helpful, good breakfast, quiet, conveniently located to mall, restaurants, & freeway. We stay there each time we are in Sioux Falls to help out with my husband's parents. Has gotten to feel like home away from home.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
MattBrunick, General Manager at Days Inn Empire, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear SiverMankato

Thank you for staying with the Days Inn Empire in Sioux Falls, SD. I am pleased to hear that you consider this to be you home away from home while in Sioux Falls. I hope that you will continue to stay with us and recommend us to anyone you know that is coming to Sioux Falls.

Thank you again for your business and for taking the time to post these comments about our hotel.

Thanks
Matt

mbrunick@kinseth.com

Been to Days Inn Empire? Share your experiences!