“Good place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 48 hotels in Sioux Falls
Topeka, Kansas
“Good place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We found we got more for what we payed for than most other places we have stayed at (refrigerator, microwave, safe). Room was clean and quiet and breakfast offered was very good. Staff very friendly and courteous. Good location off interstate. Good value for the money.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
MattBrunick, General Manager at Days Inn Empire, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear Paul B.

Thank you for staying at the Days Inn Empire in Sioux Falls, SD. I am glad that you enjoyed the refrigerator, microwave, and safe that all of our rooms come equipped with. I am also glad to hear that you found your room to be clean and my staff members friendly. I appreciate you taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor and hope that you will refer any family or friends to stay with us if they are coming to Sioux Falls, SD.

Matt

189 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Vancouver, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

I travel with my large dog, so finding spots
Can be a tad more challenging. Overall, I've found Days Inns to be some of the best in terms of balance between value and quality. This property in Sioux Falls is a prime example. It's located right off the highway, which is great if, like me, you're passing through. It'a close to restaurants, pet food stores, even a mall! When you're on the road all day these thing matter.

When I got there, the girl at the front desk changed my room for me- why? There was a bigger one farther from smoking rooms and closer to the door for my dog. This may seem like a silly small thing, but it made me feel that I mattered, rather than being a dollar sign for them.

The room itself was spotless and even had a lovely lazy-boy type recliner. The breakfast was ample and fresh.

I highly recommend this spot, and will definitely stay here again if even in Sioux falls!

• Stayed July 2012
MattBrunick, General Manager at Days Inn Empire, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear Jasperspoo

Thank you for staying with the Days Inn Empire in Sioux Falls, SD. I am glad that you found our Days Inn to be spotless and you enjoyed the recliner in the room. It is always great to hear when we are doing things correctly. If you ever hear of anyone coming to Sioux Falls, SD, please let them know about the Days Inn Empire.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

In one word, disgusting! The rooms were old, smelly and dirty! Breakfast was ok, I've had worse. I was up at 6 am and ready to get out of there as fast as possible. My husband will not let us stay at another Days Inn because of this experience. My son referred to it as the "hobo hotel"!

• Stayed July 2012
MattBrunick, General Manager at Days Inn Empire, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Dear BethJay

I want to aplogize for you recent stay with the Days Inn Empire. I am sorry that you found the rooms to be old, smelly, and dirty. Would you please give me a call to discuss your stay, so that I can make it right with you? You can reach me at 605-361-9240.

Once again, my aplogies

Winner
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Was in town to visit my kids and do some shopping. I have stayed at this Days Inn several times in the past. Staff is very friendly and helpful with accomodations. One of the few hotels that will allow pets and they allow a room for easy access. Beds are comfortable, breakfast offers good choices and room was clean and comfortable. Would recommend this hotel to anyone and would gladly stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on south end are quieter, beds are comfortable, rooms are clean. Good continental breakfast.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
MattBrunick, General Manager at Days Inn Empire, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear Ann B

Thank you for staying with the Sioux Falls Days Inn Empire once again. I hope your shopping trip was successful. I am glad to hear that we were able to accommodate your pet and also a room that was near an entrance. Thank you for recommending our hotel to your friends.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

I was in town for work. Stay at Days Inn regularly in other areas and I can say that this is the best Days Inn I have stayed at. Property is not your "typical" Days Inn design. Staff was very friendly and efficient!! Fastest Internet of any hotel I have used for work. Great location. It's not a new property but rooms were clean and larger than normal. However, my favorite part of my stay was how quiet it was. There were about 12-15 cars in the parking lot and I saw people around the lobby and hallways BUT......not a sound while I was in my room. Can't begin to tell you how important that is when you are on the road and just want a good night's rest. I will definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mark Y

Thank you for staying with the Sioux Falls Days Inn Empire during your last visit to Sioux Falls. What an honor it is to hear that we are the BEST Days Inn that you have stayed at during your business travels. I will be sure to pass your comments on to my staff members. We do have a fairly quiet hotel due to the concrete block construction and the concrete slab flooring between the second and first floors.

Would you please recommend our property if you hear of anyone coming to Sioux Falls, SD? Thank you once again for your business and any referrals you can send our way.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

Heading says a lot about this place. Stopped after a 11 hr drive, no reservation, staff were very friendly, helpful, pleasant for check in and check out. Room was clean and comfortable, breakfast was great.
Will stay here again.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
MattBrunick, General Manager at Days Inn Empire, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Dear Colleen C.

Thank you for staying at the Days Inn Empire in Sioux Falls, SD. I am glad that you chose our property during your recent travels. It is always nice to hear that our training in customer service and housekeeping is paying off. It is also nice to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast. The addition of the hard boiled eggs, yogurt, and scones must be starting to pay off.

I look forward to hosting you again and your next journey. If you know of anyone that is coming to the Sioux Falls area, please let them know about the Days Inn Empire. Thank you once again for your business and the nice review.

Kottweiler-Schwanden, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Internet was down for almost the entire stay, breakfast area was a mess, rooms are way too small. And to top it off the maid cleaned about half my room and left without replacing towels or making the bed.....

Room Tip: Go someplace else
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dear Greg A.

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I am sorry that we were not able to resolve the internet issues during your stay. I did call and have someone come out to look at the problem and they thought it was due to not having enough available addresses. They increased the amount of addresses and we are hoping that this will take care of the issue. I am also sorry that the breakfast area was a mess. I will make sure that we do a better job of this in the future. I will also make sure to speak to my staff in regards to your room not being made up during your stay. We should have made the bed and replaced the towels. I am very sorry for this. I also apologize that the room you stayed in was small. The reservation you made was for our smallest room size that we do have available. We have 14 of these rooms that are smaller but also less expensive than our standard size rooms.

Please contact me directly to address any other concerns that you may have. My number is 605-361-9240.

My Apologies,