“cheap place for 1” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 51 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Madison, South Dakota
“cheap place for 1”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Other than the fact that there was no electricity when I got there from the airport last night, I must say that the staff was very helpful to me. Wanted to stay to have the free breakfast, but had to get out of there because I needed to wait for my ride to the bus station. Never used the mini fridge (had no reason to) , or the microwave. Other than that the room was what I had totally expected. Definitely would stay here again and would recommend other people do as well.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
GM6835, General Manager at Days Inn Sioux Falls-Airport, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear BB4Life_SD,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Sioux Falls Days Inn Airport.

I am sorry that the power was out when you arrived at the hotel. A transformer in the area failed, but they had it replaced within 2 hours.

I look forward to your next visit, and hope that you can stay long enough for breakfast!

Lisa Hellevang, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Minnesota, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We were staying overnight in Sioux Falls after a concert and were just looking for a place to stay that wasn't too expensive. We weren't going to be staying around long, so we didn't look for one with any perks. The upsides: room was clean and comfortable, had a small refrigerator, was easy to get to and had free breakfast. The not so good: Front desk staff was scarce and had no interest in helping the customers (none of the times we stopped), front hallways were dirty and made me wonder what our room would look like, advertised breakfast but was pretty empty when we were there. Another customer asked about refilling the bread for toast and got a "why are you bothering me" look and no assistance.

Bottom line, for a cheap hotel, if you're not looking for anything extra, it will do. But with all of the other hotels available, this one might have to step up their game to keep attracting customers.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear KristinMinnesota_,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I am so sorry that you did not feel the staff was helpful. With this in mind, I have discusses your concerns with the staff members, in the hope of avoiding such an occurrence in the future.

I am please to hear that you found your room to be clean and comfortable. Let me assure you, it is our intention to maintain the highest levels of cleanliness, convenience and service at our location. We strive to provide our guests with the high quality hotel experience, and rely upon comments, such as yours, to maintain these standards.

I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to extend our hospitality.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Stayed here on the way to Yellowstone and thought it would be okay for a night and easy off the hwy. Wrong....The lobby smelled like stale smoke and room smelled like over done air freshner. Sheets were dirty and bed was uncomfortable. Woke early to get on the road and grabbed the free breakfast. Was not worth the price. .. Gross.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
GM6835, General Manager at Days Inn Sioux Falls-Airport, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Mindy R,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I am sorry that you did not find the beds comfortable. We have new beds scheduled for arrival next week. I will make sure that those are replaced. I thank you for taking the time to let us know where improvement is needed, so we may continue to maintain our high standards.

Paterson, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I read the last review and the woman stated that the people that work there are creepy. I would disagree. The man that helped us was very polite and didn't seem creepy at all. There is a creepiness factor but that comes from the customers who are staying there. When we walked in there was a man playing cards with his family in the dining area. This wouldn't have been a big deal if he had his shirt on. People have to eat here in the morning! His shirt was off and he was covered in hair-really gross. We stayed in this hotel a few years ago so I kinda knew what to expect. The rooms are average and for the price it's not too bad. If you are passing through town it is the way to go. This area of Sioux Falls is dumpy-it's no Rapid City. There is breakfast in the morning and another traveler commented that it was worst he had ever seen. That is really over dramatic. I felt the breakfast was good-no issues. I would get down there early as the food goes fast. They take pets if you need to bring your pooches. Room was clean.

Room Tip: Check prices on hotels.com
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
GM6835, General Manager at Days Inn Sioux Falls-Airport, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear xlilacdiva79,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I thank you for giving your impressions about items mentioned in previous reviews. We are always pleased to hear from our guests, especially when we have succeeded in making their experience a pleasant one. It is our goal to give our guests the best possible service.

Again, thank you for your review, and we sincerely hope to see you on your next trip through the area.

Ducktown, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Nothing special about the decor but you know what your getting before registering. But the breakfast was excellent for something in this price range.I loved making my own waffles and I enjoyed the yogurt and fruit.I would not mind staying again.

Room Tip: There's a bar/casino next door and the crowd can be a little rowdy.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear George K,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I’m pleased to hear that you found our continental breakfast excellent. We recently changed some of our breakfast selections to include yogurt and cheddar cheese omelets. They certainly have proved to be popular items!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sioux Falls
Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls
#23 of 51 in Sioux Falls
4.0 of 5 stars 313 reviews
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Sioux Falls - Brandon

Been to Days Inn Sioux Falls-Airport? Share your experiences!