“Just okay.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Just okay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night on our way to Sturgis. The hotel is just okay. The hotel was almost fully booked on the Tuesday night that we stayed there; a combination of all ages of individuals and families. The room was clean, the sheets were clean. The bonus was the refrigerator in the room. The furnishings are dated, and there are stains on the carpeting in the hallways. I agree with other reviewers that the smell of smoke was throughout the hotel; our room did not smell like smoke, but the hallways and common areas did. The staff person who checking us in was very nice and helpful. The air conditioner in our room had a very "musty" smell and I am allergic to mold, so we were given another room (smaller - traded down for better air quality).

I would consider staying at this hotel again if I needed a room for one night and the rate was really low. Otherwise, there are many better choices in this city.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
GM6835, General Manager at Days Inn Sioux Falls-Airport, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear Minneapolis_MNlegs,

As general manager of this hotel, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. I am so sorry to hear that the hallway carpet was stained while you were here. We try very hard to keep the stains cleaned on a daily basis. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to make this up to you the next time you're passing through. Please let me know if there's anythng else we can do to make your next say with us feel more like home.

Lisa Hellevang, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Jackson, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I rarely write bad reviews or even complain. I cannot help this one. It is all true. When we arrived, late, and tired, we were hoping for a only a clean comfortable room for sleeping so we could get back on the road early in the AM.

Our first impression after checking in was all the debris, trash, empty beer bottles outside the rear entrance door. Beer and soda bottles were stacked in a pile. The grounds obviously had not been cleaned in a while. When we entered the "non smoking" area of rooms, the immediate stench of stale smoke was overwhelming. I am a former smoker and not a prude about smoke, and the stale smoke smell even bothered me. My wife is a cancer patient and it made her nauseated.

The 'non smoking' room inside, was only a little better but because it was late we decided to put up with it. . When it was time for our grandson to pull back his covers, and go to bed, there were several 'flea like' appearing insects crawling across his bed. Not bedbugs, but insects non the less. There were not one or two, but several.

It was midnight and we were tired not about to go out in search of a different hotel. The manager gave us a different room and helped us move or bags. The next room was a step up actually. The smoke smell was less and it seemed to have been recently re-done.

In the morning, when I checked out after complaining about everything, they did not charge me for the room.

I am grateful for that but will never go back. I am going to call our AAA agent who booked the room and tell her about it.

Dear Bill B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the hotel. Also, thank you for noticing that we have recently re-done some of the rooms.

I am so sorry that there was debris near the back entrance. We are looking into removing all of the tables and chairs, so that other guests will not leave a mess in that area. The grounds and entrances are cleaned at least twice every day.

Again, thank you for your feedback, and my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

Lisa Hellevang, General Manager
Bremerton, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

My husband and I drove cross country and back and took our time. Because of that we stayed at many hotels. The Days Inn in Sioux Falls-Airport was by far our favorite. The people at the front desk made all the difference. They couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. We will always take the southern route across country, just so we can stay there. We left our little girl's favorite stuffed animal and they went way beyond to make sure that she got it back. Thank you all (especially Lisa) for all that you did.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
GM6835, General Manager at Days Inn Sioux Falls-Airport, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear Jean R,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of the Sioux Falls Days Inn Airport. I'm so glad that your path brought you through the area this year and am looking forward to your visits in the future!

Thanks for the picture of the "traveling monks"! You're little girl certainly looks happy since she's gotten her toy back!

Thanks again for choosing to stay at the Days Inn Airport, and for reviewing our hotel.

Hope to see you soon!

Lisa and the entire staff at the Days Inn Airport
Cottage Grove, Minnesota, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We made reservations and were coming in late from a long drive. We had 3 small children with us and when we got to the hotel there were drunk people all over the side walk and in the back parking lot. We got to our room and it had not been cleaned from the previous occupants. We had to wait until 10:30 for them to finish cleaning our room. It was old looking, smelled funny and was barely cleaned. When we talked to the manager later that evening she just said, "So? They cleaned it for you didn't they?" We will NEVER go to another Days Inn again. Every time we pass a Days Inn, my kids comment on how horrible our experience was. If I knew we could post pictures on here, I would have taken some pictures of the dead bugs on the radiator.

Freeport, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stopped at the Days Inn on our way to the Badlands on a family vacation. While the staff was friendly, this hotel just met my minimum requirements for quality.

The room was clean, but furnishings dated. We ordered a rollaway (which we weren't charged for, thank goodness!) that was so old, there was a huge "divot" in the middle. We actually took pictures of my kids sliding down the sides to the middle of the "sinkhole".

There were some friendly folks sitting at a table at the entrance to the hotel. While they were friendly, they (along with the front desk staff person) were smoking at that table. Just not a pleasant smell upon entrance to the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Faulkton, South Dakota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

We had reservations, and arrived about 7pm. They had a problem with several of the cleaning crew not returning after lunch, so they were still cleaning rooms @7pm. Since I have a leg brace, i had asked for a down stairs room. None were ready. We had errands to run, so they offered to hold our luggage @ the front desk, they gave us the keys to the room. When we got back the room was ready. Nice large room with one queen bed , a chair and a desk, frig and microwave.
Breakfast included waffles and boiled eggs. There was road construction in the area but it did not block getting to the hotel. I would stay here again if I have business on this side of town. Unfortuately my business was in the middle of town. It is close to Falls Park if you want to see it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Blaine, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

We wanted a basic low cost place to stay that was comfortable and clean. We just wanted to sleep. The bed was comfortable and it was quiet! We were pleasantly surprised when our room had a comfortable chair to watch TV from, too. The morning breakfast was a good mixture of hot and cold items and it was well maintained. They also start serving at 4:00 AM so you can get an early start. When we needed information, the staff at the desk were very helpful. There were many military people staying there and if it is good enough for them, it is good enough for all of us.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
GM6835, General Manager at Days Inn Sioux Falls-Airport, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
Dea Kat K,

This is Lisa Hellevang, General Manager at the Sioux Falls Days Inn Airport. Thanks so much for writing a positive review! I'm so pleased that you found our hotel quiet and comfortable, and that you were able to get an early start with our breakfast.

We are proud to have the military stay with us, but more proud of the job that they do.

If you are ever in the Sioux Falls area again, we would appreciate the opportunity to, again, be your host.

Thanks again,
Lisa

Been to Days Inn Sioux Falls-Airport? Share your experiences!