“Just met my minimum requirements” 3 of 5 stars

Days Inn Sioux Falls-Airport
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5001 N Cliff Avenue/I-90, Sioux Falls, SD 57104   |
Ranked #41 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Freeport, IL
“Just met my minimum requirements”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stopped at the Days Inn on our way to the Badlands on a family vacation. While the staff was friendly, this hotel just met my minimum requirements for quality.

The room was clean, but furnishings dated. We ordered a rollaway (which we weren't charged for, thank goodness!) that was so old, there was a huge "divot" in the middle. We actually took pictures of my kids sliding down the sides to the middle of the "sinkhole".

There were some friendly folks sitting at a table at the entrance to the hotel. While they were friendly, they (along with the front desk staff person) were smoking at that table. Just not a pleasant smell upon entrance to the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Faulkton, South Dakota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

We had reservations, and arrived about 7pm. They had a problem with several of the cleaning crew not returning after lunch, so they were still cleaning rooms @7pm. Since I have a leg brace, i had asked for a down stairs room. None were ready. We had errands to run, so they offered to hold our luggage @ the front desk, they gave us the keys to the room. When we got back the room was ready. Nice large room with one queen bed , a chair and a desk, frig and microwave.
Breakfast included waffles and boiled eggs. There was road construction in the area but it did not block getting to the hotel. I would stay here again if I have business on this side of town. Unfortuately my business was in the middle of town. It is close to Falls Park if you want to see it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Blaine, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

We wanted a basic low cost place to stay that was comfortable and clean. We just wanted to sleep. The bed was comfortable and it was quiet! We were pleasantly surprised when our room had a comfortable chair to watch TV from, too. The morning breakfast was a good mixture of hot and cold items and it was well maintained. They also start serving at 4:00 AM so you can get an early start. When we needed information, the staff at the desk were very helpful. There were many military people staying there and if it is good enough for them, it is good enough for all of us.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
GM6835, General Manager at Days Inn Sioux Falls-Airport, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
Dea Kat K,

This is Lisa Hellevang, General Manager at the Sioux Falls Days Inn Airport. Thanks so much for writing a positive review! I'm so pleased that you found our hotel quiet and comfortable, and that you were able to get an early start with our breakfast.

We are proud to have the military stay with us, but more proud of the job that they do.

If you are ever in the Sioux Falls area again, we would appreciate the opportunity to, again, be your host.

Thanks again,
Lisa
Monticello, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

It is a very hotel to access off of I90 on Cliff. It is also close to several restaurants all within walking distance. Staff is very good, Cleaning staff seems to the best they can with this dated property. I had a nonsmoking single on the second floor. It was above a smoking room on the first floor and smoke seemed to find its way up to my room as i worked on the laptop. Each evening I had to open the window and run the bath fan to help remove the smell. In the bath when water was run in the basin there was a brief smell of sewer gas. The Tub here did drain ok and there is plenty of hot water for a nice long shower. The free breakfast is fairly good and the staff maintains it well. The single room I stayed in was very small but the bed was ok.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
GM6835, General Manager at Days Inn Sioux Falls-Airport, responded to this review, December 12, 2011
Dear Scotty Travels 1972:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about the Sioux Falls Days Inn Airport. I am sorry about the smoke smell in your room from the other guests, but am pleased that you were able to work on your laptop in your room with our free wireless internet; that you enjoyed a long, hot shower; and that you were able to enjoy breakfast before heading off to work.

Our housekeeping staff works hard to keep everything spic and span. I will share your comments with them.

Again, thank you for your comments, and our sincere apologies for your inconvenience. We look forward to serving you again on your next trip to the Sioux Falls area.

Lisa Hellevang, General Manager, and the entire staff at the Days Inn Airport
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011 via mobile

I was surprised the front entrance was a bit dark and when I walked inside it had an order of stale smoke. I was placed in the very front room and experienced several times throughout the night the noise of being so close to everyone walking by. The bathroom was clean but the sitting chair had a stain on it as well as one of the pillowcases.

• Stayed November 2011
GM6835, General Manager at Days Inn Sioux Falls-Airport, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
Dear JRS 1972;

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about the Sioux Falls Days Inn Airport. Also, thank for you noticing the cleanliness of the bathroom. Our housekeeping staff takes pride in their jobs - I'll let them know that you appreciated their efforts.

I am sorry about the noise from the other guests in the hallway. The rooms on the 2nd floor away from the desk area usually have less foot traffic and may be quieter. We would be happy to book a room for you in this location on your next visit.

Again, thank you for your feedback and our sincere apologies for your inconvenience. Please consider staying with us again on your next visit to the Sioux Falls area.

Lisa Hellevang and your friends at the Sioux Falls Days Inn Airport
Tracy, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

Easy. Part the vehicle - they run on the 1/2 hour to the airport - 5 minute drive. Picked up up promptly for the drive home. Room is nice - clean.

Room Tip: Just call and say what you are looking for - I asked about Park & Ride - she gave me a rate.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
GM6835, General Manager at Days Inn Sioux Falls-Airport, responded to this review, November 25, 2011
Dear Lee V,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Sioux Falls Days Inn Airport. I'm so glad that you were able to enjoy the benefits of our Park & Fly Package. We are pleased to relieve some of the stresses of traveling. We would be pleased if you would include us in your travel plans the next time you are in the Sioux Falls area. As you mentioned, just give us a call and we'll get your package set up for you.

Thanks again,

Lisa Hellevang, General Manager and the entire team at the Sioux Falls Days Inn Airport
Decatur, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

OK, this place is not new. It does, however have a terrific staff that ensure you will enjoy your stay. The rooms are quiet and comfortable, the free breakfast is tasty, and they drove me to the airport. They let me park my vehicle for two weeks free - heck, I paid for the room by dodging the airport parking fees!

You know what is strange? I stay at a 4 star hotel, and I have to pay to park...and pay for internet access...and pay for breakfast. I stay here and all of that is free!

Go figure.

Room Tip: There is no elevator - shoot for the first floor if stairs will be a problem for you.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
GM6835, General Manager at Days Inn Sioux Falls-Airport, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Dear Decatur-Longhorn -

This is Lisa Hellevang, General Manager at the Sioux Falls Days Inn Airport. I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I'm so glad that you found the Park and Fly package convenient as well as a great value. We try taking some of the stress out of traveling, by having breakfast ready at 4 am for those early morning flights, as well as dropping you off at the front door of the airport, instead of lugging your suitcase across the parking lots at the airport.

When your travels bring you back to the Sioux Falls area, we would be honored to have you stay with us again.

Many thanks!!

Lisa and your friends at the Sioux Falls Days Inn Airport

Been to Days Inn Sioux Falls-Airport? Share your experiences!